spike78 14-Jan-18
PublicLandHunter 14-Jan-18
BruceP 15-Jan-18
Come november 15-Jan-18
stillhunter 15-Jan-18
Come november 15-Jan-18
Moons22 15-Jan-18
14-Jan-18
for thou of you who keep a hunting log for your days in the woods I would be curious to know on which days you saw bucks with does during daylight. I personally saw bucks fallowing does between the 11th and 14th of November.

14-Jan-18
Nov 3, 4, 6. Saw bucks cruising other days... but not with ladies...

14-Jan-18
November 8th, 3:30PM, 4 pt. Cruising November 11th, 3:50PM, 4pt (x2) and a 6pt. Chasing 5 doe.

November 15th, 3:05 PM 4pt. November 23rd (Thanksgiving) ~10:15AM, 4pt.

November 29th, 3:09PM 4pt.

I saw no bucks in the early morning all season.

14-Jan-18
logs have an extremely small home range and generally freeze when approached... easy to shoot but hard dragging!

14-Jan-18
I don't keep a log but I'm going to next year. I know thanksgiving am I had 2 bucks fighting that I never saw, a HUGE 8 chasing 4 does, and a smaller 8 tried to get in on the action but the big boy chased him off. I always see deer thanksgiving am.

14-Jan-18
4 point on the 11th that was cruising, had 3 bucks cruising the 14th -20th on camera, and another small 7 cruising the 25th. All the does i saw had no bucks with them.

14-Jan-18
I had reason to believe their was a buck locked down with a doe or a group of does some time between the 15th and the 23rd in two different spots then lone buck sightings again on 24th and 25th. looks like some of your dates match, most guys I spoke to have a few dead days between the 15th and thanks giving, that's were I assume they are locked down and breading home range does. Thanks for the responses, with this many guys I hoped to see similar days.

14-Jan-18
seems like a spike in bucks taken between the 12 and thanks giving on the bow site meat pole as well.

14-Jan-18
I've always just made mental notes and used camera data. I would probably have started if I was going to be here next year.

Those who keep logs, what data do you collect? Date and time of course. Also weather? Sign? Activity (feeding, traveling, breeding)? Do you keep location info if you don't see deer but good sign? Tips such as better stand location or aiming points?

14-Jan-18
day, time, temp, weather, wind direction, sign, sightings or no sightings. this year I kept track of moon phase and major and minor times thou I saw no correlations with moon phase and day time movement personally. I also make notes as to weather or not sign is dried up or picked up and when I might be better off hunting the spot next season. often I will find a lot of week or two old sign and make note of that to check the spot earlier next season. and especially different stand locations, every time I get up a tree I seam to wish I was in a different one.

14-Jan-18
I only saw a one buck with a doe all season. The morning of November 9th a basket rack 6 point chased a few does out of a swamp and onto the island I was hunting at 8:30am.

This was my first year keeping a log and reviewing my notes today I can say there is no way I could have remembered all the details from everyday I hunted. I really can't recall many specific details from my previous 3 seasons hunting when I didn't keep a log. It'll be interesting to see patterns that may or may not develop after a few years of notes are logged.

14-Jan-18
I don’t need no stinking log. No matter what day what time what weather I don’t see chit to write down in it! :)

14-Jan-18
I'm definitely starting one the first season in Georgia. It will be another season of trial and error as I learn all new hunting areas. Hopefully there will be some success with the learning phase, but I definitely want to capitalize following seasons on all I see my first year out.

15-Jan-18
Can't wait till next year to see moons' log...

Nov 2: Shot a deer

Nov 3: Shot a deer

Nov 4: Sunday, shot one in NH

Nov 5: Too much school work, sent my nephew to my spot. He shot a deer

15-Jan-18
I’m a numbers guy. I love tracking info, useless or not. In 20 years, hunting this particular area, I have sat in 77 different trees. Every year I wrap up my season totals like this: 42 hunts this year. ( am 1 hunt / pm another hunt) 36 deer seen from stand 22 shot opportunities 4 buck opportunities 4 bucks for 42 hunts? That’s about a 10% average. Is that good? I dunno. I had fun!

15-Jan-18
Putting your self close enough for 22 shot opportunities is awsome. Something to be proud of.

15-Jan-18
Sounds better than it is. I saw the same 4 does three times in one week. That’s 12 opportunities right there.

15-Jan-18
Hahaha Bruce, 2 years ago that was about right.. I got 4 in 5 sits

• Sitka Gear