shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
This is killing me.. I have seen more deer and buck daytime movement from December 15 to Jan 1. I have tons of trail cam pics of bucks in the daytime. Every morning and evening they were there eating. My question is if all these deer are there eating twice a day what would make them stop. They not only stopped coming in the day but all together. What would make a deer do this. I just can't imagine with this cold snowy winter we are having that the deer would not eat a free meal. I'm totally confused on this. The does are still attending the free for all but not the bucks. Any advice would be appreciated.

14-Jan-18
Did the bucks drop their antlers and you just think they are does??

14-Jan-18
O no they still gotem bloodtrail. They usually hold till halfway through Feb in my area.

14-Jan-18
They ate all the food that was there ? were you baiting ? They might of found better food ?

14-Jan-18
The other thing is the bucks have been roaming a lot at my spots. See them in camera the 3 miles away if I knew what the deer were thinking I would shoot them every time I go lol

14-Jan-18
Plenty of food Steve. Steady supply same thing..

14-Jan-18
Too much Shawnm activity at the bait?

14-Jan-18
Did you pee there Again

14-Jan-18
Easy sparkie Theyll be back...theyre conserving energy

14-Jan-18
In the cold they seem to move every four hours, and where was the moon when you caught them on camera?

14-Jan-18
I don't go often to bait maybe once a week and I'm extremely scent cautious. I usually go after work so I make it a scent free shower and I'll spray down to. I was thinking maybe too much scent but they still come just the bucks have dropped off and there activity seems very unusual for this time of the year. One thing is for sure hunting is a lot harder. Not only are they all grouped up but when they do come in you have ten times more eyes on you and noses in the air. Bill one camera is a cheap one so it doesn't show moon phase/time/date. On the moultee it shows just a new moon. It's empty so I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

15-Jan-18
they change their pattern in the winter....the food sources change and they move more...

• Sitka Gear