RUGER1022 24-Jan-18
ground hunter 16-Feb-18
Bloodtrail 17-Feb-18
ground hunter 17-Feb-18
GoJakesGo 17-Feb-18
ground hunter 17-Feb-18
ground hunter 19-Feb-18
14-Jan-18
Who shoots cheap broadheads, compared to the more expensive brands? I just bought some, at Wal Mart for 5.87 100 grain 3 blade,,,,, 2 spinned true, one did not....

However the 2 that did spin true shot as well as my expensive wasp,,,, of course I think they are one and done, heads,,,,

14-Jan-18
I'm still happy with Thunderhead's . But to each his own . I don't mind cheap but I don't like junk .

14-Jan-18
Normally, I too use Thunderheads. They are a design that has proven itself on the game trails of the world for many years. I feel they are a solid, well designed and well made product and see no reason not to continue to use them. I have never had one fail to perform and I have never been disappointed by a Thunderhead. All this being said, what is critically important however is shot placement. Hit 'em in the right spot and your critter dies. Execute a marginal hit and even the best broadhead is no guarantee of recovery.

14-Jan-18
After trying so many different heads I have been sticking with G5 Montec's or Hellrazors. Never had any fail the spin test. Groundhunter, what distance did you shoot the "El Cheapo" broadheads at. When I used to shoot them and they wouldn't spin straight I found that they started to wander at longer distances.

14-Jan-18
The BH market has gone crazy just like all accessories have....you lose a arrow now your out $25. I have had trouble with the sharpness of the Thunderhead blades. I bought 2 different packs from 2 different places and I could drag the blade over the back of my veiny hand and NOTHING. I thought they were practice blades but they weren`t. I talked to the owner in Tinley Park and he said he hasn`t changed a thing. But I had older sharp ones you COULD NOT do that with....so I switched. I have gone to resharpenables....Hellrazors...Magnus etc. I always wanted to try those Cabelas Copperheads.

14-Jan-18
My buddy shot them for me, at our range at the club, which is 25 yards,,,,, I have so much time on my hands, just another thing, to do, we bought packages of all kinds of cheap heads, and were testing them,,,,,,,,

15-Jan-18
I was in Walmart this weekend and swung by the Sporting Goods Dept. to look at ammo prices. Their broadheads were all on clearance...Rage, NAP Spitfire, another knockoff mech and some WalMart brand. I couldn't bring myself to buy any of them.

15-Jan-18
Don't hate me, but I have shot Chinese knockoffs for 5 years. I shoot Shwacker, and this year tried the Rage. I don't think they are as sharp, but nothing I cannot take care of with a little honing. I literally pay about a $1.25 a piece with shipping. I've not had an issue with penetration or the product breaking. They hold up fine. I did a side by side comparison to the real thing. The shwacker is a little different but same principle. The Rage is the same thing you pay 40 bucks for. I shot the those Allen broadness before, and they killed as well. We all know it's not what you shoot. It's where you shoot them, and use a sharp blade. Anything is an upgrade from flint, and that's how I see it. Am I cheap? Sounds like it. I would prefer to call myself thrifty. I'd rather buy a new tree stand or turkey blind with the savings. I have probably killed 12 animals in that time. So far no issues. I think Montec G5's hold up the best. Not a real fan of the factory edge on those, but they can kill multiple animals very easy after a resharpening. They have those in China too lol.

15-Jan-18
$900 bow $150 rest $150 sight $15 arrow

$1.25 broadhead?????? That is what kills the deer?????

I buy Made in USA, fixed, sharp, durable BH. I owe that to the animal I hunt.

15-Jan-18
+1 Buck Watcher.

$33 a head and no problem with it.

15-Jan-18
Your getting ripped off I just seen them for 1.12 each by the dozen free shipping .

15-Jan-18
I love it! "I owe it to the animal I hunt". You know what serves the animal best? Practice. Taking optimum shots. Knowing your equipment. My bow is 250 bucks equipped....Look into the PSE Stinger. Mine is about 4 years old, and I still have the original string. I do spend the money on good arrows and a good release. My rest is 12 years old. So, that analogy of all the money spent on equipment, then buying a cheap broadhead, doesn't work. I just know money is better spent, and why pay more for something that's the same thing?

I respect the animal as well. You act as if I didn't do my due diligence? Do you somehow feel that the name and advertising, and money in Lee and Tiffany's pocket is better spent?

Made in America? Lol, don't kid yourself. If you're lucky, assembled in America, and even then to be called American made, only like 30% needs to be assembled here, and every last part can be made across seas.

Up north, be honest. You own a shop. What is the markup on a 3 pack of Rage?

The one thing I'll take credit for, is I'm a sellout just like corporate America does each and every day. Yes, I suck for that, but the rest, not so much. You really need to check into that made in America label though. You might not buy anything you don't make yourself lol.

Be good!

15-Jan-18
Edit: I just checked what quantifies American Made. I was most certainly wrong. It basically has yo have all parts made in America, and at least 75% assembled here. There is however a label that says American made, which is assembled in a foreign land, that is called America. My bad!

15-Jan-18
Make around 7 a pack . After expenses probably around .30 a pack .Any thing else you would like to know .

15-Jan-18
That sucks. I can sense you displeasure with me, China, eBay, and I can't blame you. The little guy gets hosed. My bad.

15-Jan-18
I picked up some 100 grain Ram Cats today, shopping for the wife, this am,,,,, 20.00 reduced from 36. that is also a good compound head

15-Jan-18
Don't buy cheap . Just wait until archery season is over . The local Walmart has a large selection for 50 to 60 % off .

I stocked up for next year .

15-Jan-18
Pete where do you order from, im a cheapo and would rather just practice alot

16-Jan-18
Ruger I think of course it depends on the Wal Mart,,,,, mine only has the cheap bh's at 60 percent off,,, A quality head, like the Ram Cat was about 35 percent off......

and than I compared what you got.... I ordered last summer, the Wasp 125 grain Boss SST for my compound.... They were 36.00 directly from the company shipped, and bought 2 packs..... Like all good things, they may discontinue them who knows,,,, anyway, when you think about it, they come with replaceable blades for 3 heads, so that is already a good deal....................... I would buy them local, but no shops carry them...................................

I am shooting the Magnus for my recurve, and their price is reasonable, since they have a life time warranty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, here again, the shops do not sell them,,,,,,,,

For the Rage shooters, Wal Mart has them down, at my store about 30 percent

16-Jan-18
Love the slick trick magnum 100s. Great broDhead excellent penetration and. Quality !

16-Jan-18
Since most of my hunting is with the recurve, I shoot somewhat less expensive heads. I did shoot VPA's last year which are not cheap, but easily resharpened. The other day I picked up some Zwickey Eskimo two blades. I would say they are cheap compared to some prices. Took me a bit to sharpen the first one, but then I got the hang of it and now it goes pretty quick. Out of the compound I tend to shoot Montec, Hell Razor and occasionally a Rage two blade. With my long draw, 32", I have yet to not get a complete pass through with any head, even on a bad shot.

16-Jan-18
ground hunter, I see My Fleet Farm has Magnus Stingers and Buzz cuts. I ship 5-6 heads back to Kansas each or every other year for replacements. Seeing that I hunt in the hardwoods and not cattail or cedar swamps I almost always find my arrow so returning for a replacement isn't a problem. I did a pass thru on my bear this year and my Stinger hit a rock. I only found parts but Magnus still replaced.

17-Jan-18
I bought heads for turkeys, expandables, by carbon express, 9.00,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

17-Jan-18
Zwickey 2 blade Delta, Woodsman 3 blade, or Grizzly single bevel...but nothing in stores around here...I order from 3 Rivers.

17-Jan-18
From Amazon,,, 100 grain 3 blade Vopa,,,1 1/8 inch diamond cut, solid bh 20.00 for 10

17-Jan-18
ZWICKIES, MADE IN minnesota

17-Jan-18
I buy all my heads on EBay and get great prices! The last batch was 20.00 for Rage - that included shipping and NO tax! NAP Spitfires seem to keep their price and apparently the Rage pattern has expired and allot of knock-offs being made/sold...

18-Jan-18
Does anybody shoot single bevels out of their compound bows?

18-Jan-18
I do not see any advantage to a single bevel on deer, out of a compound, but if I was hunting water buffalo, or something in serious size, than it would be a good option

18-Jan-18
I plan on shooting a single bevel out of a compound but it's because I'm cheap and want to use the same broadheads for trad and wheelies.

19-Jan-18
I'm with Trapper on this one...I've used Magnus Stingers for years and will continue to do so. When I switched over to a release in 2003 I got a 3 pack of 100 grain Thunderheads, Muzzys and Magnus. At 50 yards the grouping with the Stingers were head and shoulders above the other two. Shot em ever since...Again, my $.02-LC

24-Jan-18
I went to a Wal Mart today, they were dumping everything,,,, bought a Primos camera 14mega pixels for 40.00 a Stealth Cam for 58.00, incudes 2 sd cards and batteries,,,,

Carbon Express expandables that I use for turkeys were marked down from 21 to 5 dollars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ram Cats 17.00

24-Jan-18
Which Walmart?

24-Jan-18
west bend

24-Jan-18
One of the rage guys, bought 5 packs of 1.5 cut,,,, they were 39 than 29 than 19 and sold out at 11 dollars.................................. manager unloading inventory

24-Jan-18
Love January when the big box stores clean up their old inventory . Bought 2 pair of 8x25 Nikons . 4 knives . 2 Barnett crossbows . All at 50 to 60 % off . Good gun show stuff in March .

16-Feb-18
Was in a Wal Mart today,,,,, they had HS Strut Game Bags, for quarters, 4 to a bag,,, 7.00 they had one quarter bag, 1.50 each,,,,, bought a few,,,,,

17-Feb-18
I'll stick to my Rage broadheads - how dead is dead?

Gotta shoot what YOU like and are confident in.

No one else matters but YOU!

17-Feb-18
all the Rage heads were gone,,, the only head they did not put on clearance was the Spitfire, which I would have bought, but not at 40.00 no way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

17-Feb-18
I've seen cheaper brand broadheads break after hitting bone. Stitch's arent cheap. I'll stick with heads made of quality steel

17-Feb-18
Whats a Stitch?

19-Feb-18
stopped at a Wal Mart today,,,, Spitfire Double Cross from NAP, 39.89 clearance at 17.00,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, looks like a nice mechanical head, which I will use with the compound this year

• Sitka Gear