ELKMAN 06-Feb-18
ELKMAN 06-Feb-18
ELKMAN 06-Feb-18
ELKMAN 06-Feb-18
dirtclod Az. 05-Mar-18
WDP 05-Mar-18
Knothead 05-Mar-18
15-Jan-18
So how's the hunt going down there you desert dwellers? How about some desert reports? Conditions? Moisture? Javi herd numbers? And of course some photos of your Cactus Bounders!

16-Jan-18
It was slow for us down in 29, but we were after Coues so not a big deal. We only saw 2 pigs in 5 days of hunting and we could have easily put them down, but opted out looking for deer. It's been very warm, and only one day with rain, super dry... Highs in the ^60's/ low 70's.

16-Jan-18

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo

17-Jan-18
my hunt's coming up, the HAM hunt in 36B. I'll be hunting with my bow, but will be carrying a pistol

17-Jan-18

AZBUGLER's embedded Photo
My New Years Day Javelina
AZBUGLER's embedded Photo
My New Years Day Javelina
Nice job boys! I was fortunate enough to have a short but exciting hunt. Now we’re trying to get my wife one.

19-Jan-18

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
First trip with some great help

19-Jan-18
I hunted Javelina SW of Prescott. The third time I used the call a mountain lion came in and was stalking ME. I usually carry my .38 Super in my backpack but was instantly cured of that carry mode. The locals came in a week early and set up ground blinds at every waterhole and someone from their camp was in them from before daylight until dark every day. Gonna bring the big glasses and tripod next year as those pigs are difficult to spot.

20-Jan-18

longshot's embedded Photo
longshot's embedded Photo
First one in awhile for me...

21-Jan-18

BowmanMD's embedded Photo
BowmanMD's embedded Photo
34A. Tons of pigs and TONS of fun. Hit this guy at 20yds. The montec blew through his front shoulder and right out the other side. 10yd blood trail—my favorite.

21-Jan-18
My 12yo has a tag for the first time and had plenty of opportunities but it just never came together. He still had a great time. The javelina distress call worked like a charm every time we got into the pigs and spooked them. Best time ever!

21-Jan-18
Witnessed one of the craziest things we have ever seen while hunting. My buddy hit a pig broadside at 20 yards with a complete pass through with a rage. Great lung blood on the arrow and trail. We followed the blood trail for 200 yards and bumped the pig 45 minutes after he first hit it. The pig took off running and we watched him run for 300 yards over the hill. We continue to follow little drops of blood until it dried up. Hated to do it, but we left him knowing he was probably dead. We went back out four hours later in the same area chasing another herd of pigs and we bumped his pig out of the draw where he was bedded and he took off fulltilt over the hill! He had blood all on his right side with what appeared to be a visible hole in his side. How that Piggy is still alive I have no idea. We can only guess that the arrow must’ve deflected off of a rib and maybe caught one lung. We dubbed him FrankenPig!! Craziest thing ever. I think I am going to stick to my Montec after seeing what it did to my pig!

21-Jan-18
Heading back for the rifle hunt with the kids in February!!

22-Jan-18
Congrats to all that've filled their pig tags! Anyone have any tips on where a guy could go to see a few pigs in 22?

23-Jan-18
I replied on your other post.

Good Luck!

25-Jan-18

hunting dad's embedded Photo
hunting dad's embedded Photo
I ended the year with a deer and started the new year with a pig in 6A.

29-Jan-18

pistolpete's embedded Photo

pistolpete's Link
I got my pig and buck from 6b this year, see link for video. Bitter sweet to be blessed with the harvest, but what to do until next season...

06-Feb-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
This is what Rage did on ours...

06-Feb-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
And this^^^. Never had a Javi make it past 5 seconds, or out of sight...

06-Feb-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Looks like a pretty decent hole...LOL

06-Feb-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Did black and white on the wife's Boar to mask all the blood...

06-Feb-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Brother's pork...

06-Feb-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
My buddies Cactus Bounder...

06-Feb-18
I'll do the rest later

05-Mar-18
Hey guy's please no handguns while Archery hunting,State law, Be safe.Found out the hard way.$$$$$OUCH!

05-Mar-18
Would like to hear the rest of the story because they had changed that a few years ago:

A.R.S. 17-305 Possession of other weapons while hunting; violation; classification A. The possession of legal weapons, devices, ammunition or magazines, which are not authorized to take wildlife, is not prohibited while hunting if the weapon or device is not used to take wildlife. B. Taking wildlife by using a weapon, device, ammunition, or magazine that is not authorized to take wildlife is a class 1 misdemeanor.

05-Mar-18
I always carry when I hunt south of Tucson.

• Sitka Gear