Ziek 14-Feb-18
Cheesehead Mike 15-Feb-18
cnelk 16-Feb-18
packnin4elk 17-Feb-18
MQ1 18-Feb-18
COLOelkman 24-Feb-18
RogBow 24-Feb-18
16-Jan-18
Been trying to apply for Turkey tags, got the wife registered under the new system but when I try to apply for her tag, it hangs up at the residency portion saying her driver's license doesn't match records then I can't even get myself an account, I fill out all the fields and then it says it can't complete the function. Frustrating! Anybody else having trouble?

16-Jan-18
Now I see the other thread, got my wife in for her tag, and I got registered, but now I'm having same troubles as she was having, wonder if I have to wait a day or so for things to register in there, I'll try again tomorrow!

16-Jan-18
That's where mine hung up, too.

17-Jan-18
Oldgoat don't wait. Just call them tomorrow and they will get it fixed. They fixed my issue in 3 minutes.

17-Jan-18
Only took me a half a day to apply for turkey... this is a much better system. I sure hope they keep improving like this.

3 phone calls, first one got me sent to an "I don't work for DOW anymore leave me alone" message.

Second one transferred to an I don't know how to fix it girl.

Third was they called me after I said I would just go hunt them anywhere without a license then...

All of a sudden they figured it out.

17-Jan-18
I have to create new emails for my kids! Cause it wont let me use mine to manage all my kids accounts, thats frustrating!

17-Jan-18
They overrode it, got my app in

19-Jan-18
@sisabdulax I had the same damn thing happen. I created Gmail accounts for my kids a long time ago (I began writing them emails when they were born and gave them the password when they were old enough to read...anyway) but I liked having my son's emails from the DOW come to me so I could keep up.

20-Jan-18
It says my Driving license is issued to another how do I get pass this

20-Jan-18
303-297-1192, ask for a hunt planner.

20-Jan-18
If you got a new drivers license in the past 6 months you need to re-prove your residency, even if you've been applying for tags for over 30 years.

20-Jan-18
Me and my wife both renewed our drivers license February of last year and had issues with it, so it isn't just the six month thing!

22-Jan-18
Got it fixed

23-Jan-18
I count myself lucky. Turkey went through without a hitch.

Wap

23-Jan-18
No problems here either. Transition to new system and turkey apps went smoothly for both my wife and I.

23-Jan-18
Overall I like the new system, just liked being able to do mine and the kids of my email.

23-Jan-18
Not having to front tag fees, will be back in for all species again.

No problems for me or my kids

23-Jan-18
"... just liked being able to do mine and the kids of my email."

I did my wife's without switching to her email account.

23-Jan-18
I had to create a different e-mail for my kids accounts as they were all based upon mine, it would not let me use my e-mail for their new logins

23-Jan-18
Took my old driver's license into the CPW office, bing, bang, boom, I'm good to go. Applied for turkey right there before I left. Life is good again.

24-Jan-18
"If you got a new drivers license in the past 6 months you need to re-prove your residency, even if you've been applying for tags for over 30 years."

How would they even know? The number on a renewal is the same as the old number. I renewed my drivers license in September. No problem using the new system.

24-Jan-18
I went to the website last night and created an account. Looked up my CID, then verified all my info. My account was created, my preference points are as they should be. I did not put in credit card info yet, I hunt OTC for turkey. I shall hopefully have no problem when I add credit card apply for elk and deer, which I will do early.

24-Jan-18
I went down and got a class from Parks and wildlife this week on the new system every one that applies on line must have there own email . You can apply by phone if you do not have a email you must have a credit card of some sort ( Visa or MasterCard gift card) all license outlet stores must have internet to sale license no more daily up . sportsmen's bass pro Cabela's lone tree big R Walmart do not have internet yet .the way I understand it there will not be much of a leftover list because that's way the email list Parks and wildlife will email next in line for tags.

24-Jan-18
There were tons of tags last year. They only go next in line if it takes 5+ points. There were plenty of those on the list last year though too

24-Jan-18
They are changes coming

24-Jan-18
I haven't seen anything different from last year.

24-Jan-18
Ziek, I noticed others had issues with new DLs. I was able to update my account just fine, but when we applied for Spring turkey licenses we got "invalid" pop-ups when we tried to put in our "resident since" dates. Couldn't go any further. When I went into their office, they asked for my old DL and made it work. Said it was a State DMV issue, for some reason.

26-Jan-18
What a mess this will end up being. I'm sure it won't be long until we start hearing about PPs disappearing.

26-Jan-18
I set up accounts for me and my two boys yesterday and got us each a turkey point. No issues whatsoever.

26-Jan-18
I signed in and bought a turkey point, had no issues at all...

26-Jan-18
Checked all of my past info. Like Surfbow, no issues. Paul

29-Jan-18
I looked up my account using the CID on my Fishing & Small Game combo license. It asked for additional verification info but that specific page had a different CID. Per Grasshopper's post above I called the hunt planner at 303-297-1192. He explained that I must have reserved a campsite in the past which produced the extra CID. He merged the two into my main CID that I have been using for years. Easy quick call and done.

30-Jan-18
it works perfectly. looks like I just drew desert sheep tag. woohoo!

12-Feb-18
When can we start applying? I went in to take a look and no matter what species I click on, I get this message:

"There are no applications or hunts available for Elk at this time OR you have already applied for this species. Please refer to CPW Online Big Game Season Dates for upcoming availability."

Doesn't matter if I click bear, turkey, sheep, deer, etc.

Edit: Saw the new regs came out today(?).

12-Feb-18
March 1st

12-Feb-18
^^ thanks, Rick.

12-Feb-18
Every time I sign in its gives me an error saying that I only put in 8 numbers for my SSN. I correct it, sign out and go back in and get the same error message. Anyone else?

13-Feb-18
Here's my experience so far.

I started by entering my CID number and looking up my existing account.

The next page says they found my account and I have to enter my driver’s license number. The system then hung up for me and said my DL No. was incorrect and that I should call the Call Center. There was no number for the Call Center on that page so I had to search for that adding some frustration.

I called the number I found and the guy said the system had the wrong DL No. for me and that WI recently changed DL No.’s. I told him that I’ve had the same DL No. since I was 16. He input the correct DL No. into the system and said I was good to go. I then clicked submit and it took me to the next page where I create my password and he said as long as I’m there, everything is good and we ended the phone call.

After I entered and confirmed my password I hit “submit” and I got an error saying there was a problem with my email address, even though the page had automatically been populated with my email address that was on file. I tried re-entering a couple times and no-go. There’s a message that tells you to hit the "update links" if you want to update your email address but there are no “update links” on the page!

Another call to Colorado CPW, another explanation and another walk through what has happened so far. This guy determined that somehow I have 2 CID’s and they’re both tied to my email address and it’s confusing the system. I’m not sure how I got 2 CID’s. He said they will merge my CID’s and I should check back in a couple hours and if it’s not fixed I should call again. Then he said "good thing you're taking care of this now".

Sure glad I didn’t wait until the last minute...

14-Feb-18
Day 2 and another 15 minute phone call. The guy admitted there is a glitch in the system that they're working on fixing. He gave me a new password to try and it still didn't work. I kept him on the line this time until I knew everything worked.

Then he did something on his end and re-created the account with a new password and it finally worked. Then I was able to log in, confirm everything and change my password.

Not bad, only 2 days, 3 phone calls and about an hour on the phone total ;^)

14-Feb-18
Wow, that's a bummer. Seems like it varies widely. I went in to set mine up yesterday and everything was smooth as Kate Upton's behind. PPs were all there (even those restored last year). Accepted my credit card. No issues at all.

14-Feb-18
So here are some updates. Some people are getting errors with their CID. This issue has been when a person has had hunting licenses and also made a camping reservation or used Camp America. Basically in the past the Camping Reservations were a separate account and a separate issue. As such you end up with a CID for camping and one for hunting. This causes there to be a CID issue.

Second issue. The state DMV system is having a hard time updating or??? Basically anyone who renewed a Driver License in the last 6 months will have to provide further evidence of residency. 6months because that is the timeline required to be considered a resident. So my wife renewed her license on line in November. Since it had not been 6 months, the new license system kicked her out because the Driver Lic. was not 6 months old. To solve this issue we had to contact the CPW and send/show something else to prove she had lived here for at least 6 months. So a copy of a vehicle registration was emailed. Once it was emailed they did an over ride and allowed in ten minutes she was able to complete her applications etc. This of course is a stupid set up. My wife was born and raised in Colorado, has had the same DL number for 20+ years. She currently holds multiple resident tag in Co etc. The lady agreed that this issue needed fixed as most of her time was resolving this issue.

Last issue, when the new system first launched a kid was required to provide an ID to establish residency. Sadly the only options were state id, passport, or govenrment papers. They were not allowing a parent/guardian to sign on etc. s a result only youth getting in were those with passports etc. Luckily they have updated this system and are now allowing an adult to enter their DL number to prove youth residency. However if that DL has been renewed in last 6 months you will run into issue number 2 above.

These have been the 3 biggest issue so far. All are getting fixed, they just take some times to sort out

14-Feb-18
Some of these issues seem like things normal beta testing would have exposed pretty quickly.

14-Feb-18
There seems to be some variability in these issues. I renewed my DL in Sep. and applied for spring turkey in Jan. with no problems.

15-Feb-18
It sounds like residents and nonresidents have a different set of problems.

16-Feb-18
The proof of residency for licenses isnt new by any means.

Its just new to those that just re-newed your DL

17-Feb-18
I'm having trouble with an error stating " that my email address already exists" and I can not apply a new password to it. After a couple of times through the steps it continues to give me this error. Cheesehead Mike do you have that phone no. handy?

18-Feb-18
CPW says i have two accounts cannot get in.

I was on the phone for 1 hour with no luck.

She said I need to call m-f 8-5 303-297-1192

24-Feb-18
Friend had no problems. Did not work for me as I had 2 CID's assigned but haven't made any camping reservations??? Anyway, 1st call I was on hold for over an hour and gave up. Next time it took about 5 minutes and they said they'd fix it an let me know in about an hour. Got an email after an hour and it worked. Moral of the story is you better go in the system early to see if you're OK or not. Can't wait for the week before the deadline and everyone with problems won't be able to get thru so I see a storm brewin'!!!!

24-Feb-18
" storm brewin" , end times, Braveheart, yep.

• Sitka Gear