bowhntr 22-Jan-18
raceguy 22-Jan-18
mrelite 23-Jan-18
trophyhill 26-Jan-18
splitlimb13 27-Jan-18
17-Jan-18

trophyhill's embedded Photo
trophyhill's embedded Photo
I look forward to this hunt every year when I can draw it. As any of you know, open country mule deer can be a very frustrating hunt. Finding them can be easy. Getting close enough without a wary doe busting you can be the frustrating part. But when you do connect, man does it feel good. Broke a 4 year drought with this little guy.

17-Jan-18
Nice! Congrats bud!

17-Jan-18
Great buck and a great shot!

LOL the Does are like bodyguards for the buck and they are very good at their job!! I can't tell you how many times I have had Does looking at me while I stand motionless for long periods of time and it always ends with the same result.............. a failed stalk! so yea I agree, it feels really really good to have an arrow find it's way to the kill zone.

17-Jan-18
Congrats!

17-Jan-18
True dat JP! smarba, I used Sitka for the first time ever this year in Sub Alpine. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear the deer was fooled just long enough to make the shot! I am impressed! Having that kind of confidence in your gear is huge!

18-Jan-18
Trophy: you should have looked me up when you were in the market for Sitka! I agree the new SubAlpine is very very impressive. Holler at me next time.

Carl

18-Jan-18
It was a last minute decision before my hunt. But I will be looking to buy more Sub Alpine for September. Something a little lighter up top. Hope I can get the blood stain out of the mountain pants lol

22-Jan-18

bowhntr's embedded Photo
bowhntr's embedded Photo
bowhntr's embedded Photo
bowhntr's embedded Photo
bowhntr's embedded Photo
bowhntr's embedded Photo
bowhntr's embedded Photo
bowhntr's embedded Photo
I'm going to piggy back on the thread. I was blessed to harvest him on the 1st. Made a 40 yard hard quartered away shot and watched him tip in 70 yards! The best part of the whole hunt was getting my son to me before we walked up on him and had him track the deer. The look on his face when he saw him was priceless.

"take your child hunting and you won't have to hunt for you child" Unknown

22-Jan-18
Awesome bohuntr!

23-Jan-18
Congrats Bowhntr, awesome buck and a great Dad!

26-Jan-18
Huge atta boy bowhntr!

27-Jan-18
Great post here!

• Sitka Gear