Jeff in MN 17-Jan-18
smokey 17-Jan-18
smokey 17-Jan-18
orionsbrother 17-Jan-18
Stinky Jim 21-Jan-18
17-Jan-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
My next door neighbors must of thought I was crazy funny in my new snowshoes tromping around in the yard as we only have about 5 inches of snow down here. Was at Fleet Farm this morning and they have a sale on the Kodiak Series (Field-N-Forest brand). Couldn't help myself I just had to buy myself a pair.

17-Jan-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
I have these (old school) ..... which work great..... Have not tried the new ones in deep snow yet.

17-Jan-18
I have some old school Iverson's too. I laugh at the yuppies that I see walking on the hard pack trails with their little designer snowshoes...

17-Jan-18
Walked into a barn on a Canadian hunt years ago & noticed 3 pair of neat looking snow shoes . An hour later I owned them . Their hung on the wall , don't have the heart to wear them .

17-Jan-18
Snow shoeing is one of my winter goals....we just never have enough snow pack to make it happen though.

I love x-skiiing though!

17-Jan-18
I have old school and Designer shoes, I prefer the designers for under 12". Designers way easier to fasten with ratchets unless your smart like Mike and leave the boots in the bindings.

17-Jan-18

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
MF, you will have a good time with the shoes. Any type is better than none. I use old school shoes. I had a pair of the new design, they were ok but a few things of the old ones worked better for me so I sold the new ones. I too laugh like at some folks using snowshoes on hard pack trails Cheesehead Mike does.

17-Jan-18
I used bear paws for a long time, trapping, worked well for me,,,, I have a pair of the aluminum ones, I bought up in the UP,,,,, I can not be out in real cold air right now, but when I can, I love to snow shoe with a pair of poles.......

I usually like to walk the Brule River or the Paint, or just take off in the Ottawa, makes a beautiful day, and have a fire and toast a sandwich, yep that's living

17-Jan-18
OK Smokey, I will bite. How did you hide your tracks, or did you set the shoes out in the snow before the start of a blizzard? But no sign of a little drift right by the shoes either.

17-Jan-18
I have really long arms...and Photoshop.

17-Jan-18
At this time, around here, the snow is still fluffy with a lot of air in it. I like snowshoeing after temps go above freezing and then below freezing at night. The following morning walking on crusted snow is easier. Even if the snow settles while thawing it is more compact later making it easier to stay afloat.

17-Jan-18

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo

21-Jan-18
Great way to get out in the winter to stay in shape.

• Sitka Gear