shawn_in_MA 24-Jan-18
DanaC 24-Jan-18
shawn_in_MA 25-Jan-18
DanaC 25-Jan-18
DanaC 25-Feb-18
Steveeg 02-Mar-18
Outlaw3D 24-Apr-18
20-Jan-18
Announcing the clubs and dates for the 2018 IBO New England Championship Series:

April 21-22, 2018 – Massachusetts State Championship – Bay Path Archers

April 28-29, 2018 – Maine State Championship – York County Fish & Game Association

May 5-6, 2018 – Connecticut State Championship – Groton Sportsmen’s Club

May 26-27, 2018 – Vermont State Championship – Lamoille Valley Fish & Game Club

June 2-3, 2018 – New Hampshire State Championship – Grafton County Fish & Game Association

June 9-10, 2018 – Rhode Island State Championship – Cumberland Beagle Club

July 28-29, 2018 – New England Championship – Swift River Sportsman’s Club

The New England Traditional Rendezvous – May 20, 2018 – Narragansett Bow Hunters Club

Looking forward to another great year !!

20-Jan-18
The above is from IBO Northeast's Facebook page

20-Jan-18
Who here is shooting IBO this spring and summer?

24-Jan-18
I will NOT shoot an IBO tournament until they pull their head out of their butts and offer a known distance class. Known distance classes are by far the biggest and fastest growing classes at ASA shoots. Shoots like OPA and Redding are growing fast for a reason. IBO needs to wake up and get with the times.

24-Jan-18
IBO has discussed it but I think the feeling is that estimating range is one of the most critical skills in bowhunting. Courses are set to challenge your ability to do so. Otherwise it's just field archery.

Of course, 'your mileage may vary'. ;-)

25-Jan-18
I've been very involved in every form of competitive archery for over 25 years now. I remember the hay day of 3D when we would have 400-500 shooters show up at Townsend for the first 3D of the year in January, the Triple Crowns at Anheuser-Bush etc. What John Brown and Bob Gattorna (and everyone else involved) have done to grow, re-brand and bring IBO 3-D back from the dead in New England is nothing short of extraordinary, but the IBO rules and classes are restricting them from getting to an even higher level. IBO leadership may have discussed it, but they are not listening to the voice of their members. "Let's offer a Pro Bowhunter Class we can get 20 more people at a national shoot", "Pro bowhunter..Dilly Dilly!!" "Let's offer a couple Known distance Classes we can get 300 more people at a national shoot"...CRICKETS. I would counter that the invention and popularity of the laser rangefinder has nearly COMPLETELY negated the "estimating range is one of the most critical skills in bowhunting" argument. I also believe that field archery is a much better test of archery skills than 3-D, it is too bad it is not popular anymore.

25-Jan-18
I don't entirely disagree with you, but I think if range findfers are allowed, it becomes a pure 'archery' event and not a 'bow hunting' event. And honestly, I don't know how I'd set up a challenging course for the top shooters. Take away range estimation and it would pretty much come down to x-counts. Not sure where IBO is at on this today, but my sense was they couldn't figure how to have known range and unknown on the same course.

25-Feb-18

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

02-Mar-18
I never knew it existed. I’ll definitely will have to try it out. I’ve been shooting the mfaa shoots this off season indoors @ 20 yrds with the x counting target folks.

24-Apr-18

Outlaw3D's Link
Pemi Valley Fish & Game in Holderness, NH is holding a known distance shoot on Sat July 21st, 2018 (the week before the IBO NE Championship). (40) targets, distances for open class out to 75 yds, hunter class to 60 yds, traditional to 45 yds. We've had a lot of requests for something different besides the standard IBO/GSB shoots.

• Sitka Gear