Ksgobbler 08-Mar-18
writer 08-Mar-18
keepemsharp 09-Mar-18
crestedbutte 09-Mar-18
drycreek 09-Mar-18
keepemsharp 09-Mar-18
Thornton 09-Mar-18
20-Jan-18
Any of you guys encountering any wild hogs yet? I know guys in Northern Oklahoma that are already infested with them.

20-Jan-18
They eradicated most of them here a few years back.

20-Jan-18
State helicopter guns them and traps em. They go several miles across the border in Okie after them. One small population around Ft Scott that landowners want. There was another around Louisburg. Kansas is one of the few states that is actually reducing hog numbers so several other states are looking to us for guidance.

20-Jan-18
Yea, I bet

20-Jan-18
They're like wildfire not only in the way they spread, but their destruction as well. We're up to our eyeballs with them sorry things

20-Jan-18
Matt’s feeding you the flat-out truth. We are the only state keeping the population level, and if Oklahoma hadn’t let things get out of hand our guys wouldn’t have to work so hard. At least nine populations have been eradicated, one of 998 animals. Kansas has a 99 percent participation rate from landowners. Texas and Oklahoma barely reach half.

20-Jan-18

writer's Link

20-Jan-18
ive Heard there are locker plants in Texas that buy live wild hogs and process them for exportation to China, Japan and other countries. Heck Kansas might could recoup some of their expenses.

The biggest problem down here is the people with hog problems try to capitalize on them by trying to sell hog hunts. I wouldn’t pay 15 cents to shoot one.

20-Jan-18

HHC's embedded Photo
HHC's embedded Photo
1/2 mile south of Sedan Kansas (Chautauqua Co.)

20-Jan-18
Good article writer. Very informative. Maybe Texas will follow suit and start on this problem

21-Jan-18
The main reason sport hunting was outlawed was so people would have no incentive to buy in TX or OK and release them in KS.

21-Jan-18
HHC, our LO in Kansas told us they know folks just south of them that have pigs everywhere. That’s really the reason I was asking to start with.

One sow can have several big litters a year.

21-Jan-18
3 sightings this year in Chautauqua county for us as well

21-Jan-18
"HHC, our LO in Kansas told us they know folks just south of them that have pigs everywhere. That’s really the reason I was asking to start with. One sow can have several big litters a year." The mountain lions that the KDWPT released will take care of them.

21-Jan-18
I hunt so of sedan havent seen any. If you do is it leagle to shoot them?

21-Jan-18
ill-eagle

21-Jan-18
ill-eagle

21-Jan-18
If they dont want them why would they not let hunters have a open season on them

21-Jan-18
"3 sightings this year in Chautauqua county for us as well" Has anyone contacted KDWP&T ? Or are you in the very small group that wants them? Several years back someone, "I suspect leaser's or maybe the landowner" dumped a trailer load south of Fall River and of course they didn't stay where they were dumped. When the neighbor saw the hogs on his place, he called game warden and in fairly short order, all hogs were destroyed.

21-Jan-18
I live close to the OK boarder and know some landowners not very far into OK that have had feral pigs for at least a decade. I've never seen one on the KS side and I'm very thankful for that. While I haven't agreed with what KS has done with a lot of the deer season regulations recently I'm am very thankful that they have worked so hard to stop the pig invasion.

21-Jan-18
I went to a dance hall in selina one night seen a few hogs in there 30 years ago

21-Jan-18
I know sit its salina

21-Jan-18
Feds are working on the pigs coming up the Caney River out of OK. They’ll be fighting that fight from now on, also along the Arkansas. Sport hunters only make the matters worse by scattering populations, making them harder to trap and aerial gun. If you find a new population, best to let the pros handle it.

21-Jan-18

HHC's embedded Photo
HHC's embedded Photo
Oopsie !!

21-Jan-18
^ Writer, you’re right. They’ll scatter as they don’t like hunting pressure. If you start hunting them they’ll disappear , right on down the road.

21-Jan-18
So many examples of why it doesn’t work for population control. Fort Riley tried sport hunting and trapping for several years and thought the pigs were greatly decreased. USDA helicopter crew came up and gunned over 130. The next year they came back and shot around a dozen more. That was about 20 years ago, and none seen on post since.

21-Jan-18
So many examples of why it doesn’t work for population control. Fort Riley tried sport hunting and trapping for several years and thought the pigs were greatly decreased. USDA helicopter crew came up and gunned over 130. The next year they came back and shot around a dozen more. That was about 20 years ago, and none seen on post since.

21-Jan-18
A friend of mine son works for the state of Kansas that is his job to eradicate all Hogs that come across the border in his three County range

27-Feb-18
I cannot express enough the fact that YOU do not want hogs in Kansas !! Or any other State . I’m from Texas and currently work in Oklahoma and hunt in All 3 states. I’m steadily seeing them heading North . I eat,breath and sleep Deer Hunting 365/24/7 and fellows you have to kill them all !!! They will ruin your deer lease,farm and backyard . I don’t mean gut shoot them with a .22 . That s$&t don’t work believe me. I cannot express enough the damage they can and will do in no time . I have killed hundreds and they are getting worse every year . I have used Dogs, traps, night vision, spotlight and even thermals . Bow and arrow, shotgun, rifle and yes a four wheel drive ! Lol yes that’s true but in all honesty I Love Kansas and want to continue to hunt there and I know that all of you do as well . Whatever means are necessary do it for the Deer and the sport we so much treasure and kill every one you see . Good luck

28-Feb-18
You gotta use lots and lots of Tannerite on those suckers!

01-Mar-18
Loved the tannerite video. Impressive most on here are supportive of the program.

07-Mar-18
ya'll better kill every one you see - they quickly become an epidemic and they'll eat every quail nest, turkey nest, pheasant nest etc they find

07-Mar-18
Must be why there are no quail or turkeys in Texas? Oh, wait. But you’re right, we don’t want those things in Kansas.

08-Mar-18
Writer, I haven’t seen a quail or turkey in east Texas in several years. I saw hogs yesterday

08-Mar-18
I live about 35 miles south of OKC on an acreage. I know there are some hogs around, but I rarely see any sign of them. We have a lot of quail and deer. I have a friend whose family has a 10,000 acre lease about an hour SW of me. This lease has very few houses around. They have deer and hogs. The state has been out to their lease a few times with thermal imaging scopes on rifles shooting from helicopters. They kill hundreds at a time. The family runs traps and they shoot hogs every time they go out. Oklahoma is a little more difficult to patrol with helicopters IMO. There are more houses around. Kansas is a little more sparsely populated, especially out west. I know when I lived in western Kansas you could drive a few miles without seeing a house. Same with the Flint Hills. A lot of areas in Oklahoma you will see a house every quarter mile.

08-Mar-18
I also think they've killed dang near every turtle along the Buffalo river ..... by eating the nested eggs

I floated it a few years back, saw very few turtles

08-Mar-18
If they can smell it, they’ll find a way to eat it. Hogs not why no quail in east Texas.

08-Mar-18
Do some marketing in China and get em to believe ground up wild boar tusk will make their junk bigger. Hogs would be wiped out in a matter of years.

08-Mar-18
Give me an example of when I've exaggerated 7x, CJ? :-)

09-Mar-18
Killin: this is the biggest bunch of gibberish I have seen, they are a non native species and do GREAT damage and should be eliminated.

09-Mar-18
Does killinstuff have an OFF button?

09-Mar-18
^^^^^^^^ I don't believe I can touch this !:-)

09-Mar-18
Kansas had schools of walleyes in the Blue river 150 years ago.

09-Mar-18
Feel free to push some hogs toward my farm. Those armadillos are like miniature hogs anyway, and I've got a whole herd of them.

• Sitka Gear