soapdish 21-Jan-18
dbrand 21-Jan-18
soapdish 21-Jan-18
dbrand 22-Jan-18
Bigbuckbob 22-Jan-18
soapdish 22-Jan-18
dbrand 22-Jan-18
21-Jan-18
The town of Coventry has acquired the land that was to be used for the route 6 expressway from the State to build a hiking trail from Bolton to the Windham / Columbia side of town. The issue is they plan to run this through Nathan Hale Forest a great hunting area. The future plan is to have several branch trails in the forest which will destroy all forms of hunting. The plan is to meet with DEEP to get the easements to build this. The forest is everyone's land and is a dedicated hunting area at this time. The trail can traverse without entering the forest and still get to the Nathan Hale Homestead and Farmers market . We need to protest this now , I know funds are short but they have one planning grant and are looking for more. Please contact DEEP to protest this Project. This trail by the way is parallel to the Rails to Trails that is part of the Greenway.

21-Jan-18
Probably gonna piss off a lot guys who hunt where they shouldn't be now. As far as going through the forest I can't see that as a problem, people are free to hike it now. People in the state should be mad if the state just gave the land away to the towns at no charge. The last land owners should of have been able to buy it back first.

21-Jan-18
Land was free and State refused to sell back most of the land that was taken with eminent domain . No new trail is needed.

21-Jan-18
State should have sold it, apparently the state isn't that broke after all. Not sure of the total acreage that was taking, but it's length was 11 miles. I would've bought some.

22-Jan-18
No one cares that this will be another land grab and the hunters loose? It must be the not in my back yard thing or they aren't coming for my spot yet! Sorry for wasting your time with my post. D.Brand

22-Jan-18
Brand, I sent the DEEP an email against the trail, so not a total waste.

22-Jan-18
I hunt land that abuts this corridor, in fact the state took some from the property owner. I will look into it. Obviously I would like to see it opened up to bow hunting.

22-Jan-18
Bob Thank you very much.

• Sitka Gear