oldgoat 22-Jan-18
Surfbow 22-Jan-18
Stoneman 22-Jan-18
Kurt 22-Jan-18
Rotten: 23-Jan-18
tramper 23-Jan-18
Nesser 23-Jan-18
21-Jan-18
Bruce Kowalski called me to come to his home. Bruce and I were friends by bowhunting only. I have met Bruce three or four time before this. I walked into his garage and he said" Dennis see the bow on the wall can you get it for me". I said sure. The bow was like his kid to him I could tell. The bow was a Bob Lee recurve. He had it built for him. He said"I want to give you this bow." You are the only person that I know that would appreciate it". He said" I have always admired what you have done as a bowhunter". I had tears in my eyes. I said" No I can not take your baby". He said" I am dying of cancer and I want you to have this and all my arrows and gear". He said "All I want is you to promise me that you will kill something with it. So have practiced and practiced till I felt comfortable with a recurve. So I took it to AZ the other day and killed my first stick bow kill. A javelina, I know my bowhunting brothers have taken some trophies from Colorado that are unreal. I just wanted to complete my promise. I will kill some more with it. I fell in love with the stick. So he died a few weeks later after he gave me the bow. I promised him I will pass it down to my grandkids. Or a person when I am dying that I know will do it justice! Pass it on!

21-Jan-18

marvelous's embedded Photo
marvelous's embedded Photo

21-Jan-18
Dennis, didn’t know Bruce but a touching story. Lots of good people in bowhunting!

Bob Renner gifted me an unsigned Kansas landowner whitetail tag before he passed. Unfortunately it never got filled but I was honored and touched by the gesture.

Kurt

21-Jan-18
Bob was a great person. Shot with him at a 3-d and that was how we meet. Always admired him. I also want you to know how proud I am of you completing your slam. I have always looked up to you. I know your a true bowhunter and one of the good guys. Congrats!

21-Jan-18
Dennis, you know my past history with Cancer and I luckily survived to hunt another day. God bless Bruce and his kind gesture of passing forward his prized bow. I know you will and have honored both Dennis and his request. My best, Paul

21-Jan-18
Dennis, congratulations! I’m sure that is exactly what Bruce wanted. I am sure that you will have many more great experiences with that bow and he will be there in spirit to guide your arrow.

22-Jan-18
Little targets are bigger trophies! Congrats on the Javi and what a great story to make it even more special!

22-Jan-18
Looks like a trophy to me!

22-Jan-18
Well done Dennis! Nice send off to to your friend.

22-Jan-18
Dennis, thanks and best of luck to you in 2018! Kurt

23-Jan-18
That’s a great tribute, something special for sure. Well done Dennis!

23-Jan-18
Good job, Dennis; and a wonderful story! Thank you for telling it.

23-Jan-18
Great story and way to follow through on the promise!

• Sitka Gear