ronaldf 28-Jun-21
N8tureBoy 28-Jun-21
nehunter 28-Jun-21
N8tureBoy 28-Jun-21
BBB 28-Jun-21
Notme 29-Jun-21
spike78 29-Jun-21
23-Jan-18
So does anyone weld there own ladders or climbing sticks?

24-Jan-18
NO even if everything is free my time is worth more than 60 bucks .steve

24-Jan-18
I recently saw a video review of a commercial treestand, where the guy inspects the welds and pronounces them as looking great, that is, except for one small point near the vee of the platform section. Yes the manufacturers carry liability insurance, but that may only partially comfort your survivors.

I don't have a problem with a professional welder fabricating/improving his own gear. So would I trust him to weld my gear? Maybe. The only difference between him and the factory welder is liability insurance, right?

I fabricate my own tethers for my harness with climbing grade line. I tie,trust and prefer my own knots. Sort of like packing your own parachute. I have also reloaded ammo.

24-Jan-18
There are videos on youtube if you are looking for ideas. Some real nice climbing steps made from rebar

24-Jan-18
Ladders on sale for $40 is cheaper than buying the materials.

24-Jan-18

nehunter 's Link
Dicks has a sale on them now. https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/field-stream-20-foot-climbing-sticks-16fnsafs20ftdblsttsb/16fnsafs20ftdblsttsb

24-Jan-18
Buy them , I’ve been a welder for 35 years tig mig eb you name it . I’ve also seen other welders that I wouldn’t let weld my garbage cans . Hunt safe

24-Jan-18
Its just a glob of snot...lol

24-Jan-18
Well? Solder? No difference. Gotta go outside and try that new ladder stand now ??

24-Jan-18
Bob make sure you use a pinch of liquid steel on the hard to reach areas..lol

24-Jan-18

bb's Link

24-Jan-18
Not me, took your recommendation, do you have a recommendation for a good orthopedic surgeon?

24-Jan-18
Bb holy crap ive done 99%of those..stacking rocks under one leg on uneven icy driveways,10' step ladder on a 20" wide aluminum plank 40' up leaning on power lines,and my all time favorite:stradeling the top rung of a 40' magnesium ladder fully extended on a stack of shingles in the bed of a pick up truck...shhh dont tell osha..i know some of you have done worse..lol

24-Jan-18
That was videoed on one of our job sites. That was after everyone passed the Osha 10 course.

24-Jun-21
Hi everyone:) a newbie from Torronto

24-Jun-21

24-Jun-21
yes, currently have an old Lincoln welder knowing the general scheme of the structure, as well as some of the nuances of the assembly, it is possible to weld the construction of a staircase without problems, man

24-Jun-21
Notme if I ever applied for a job and it involved a 40’ ladder I’m out!

28-Jun-21
Guys and Gals, Hello!

28-Jun-21
Guys and Gals, Hello!

28-Jun-21
I have the Hobart and love it as well. But I have no experience in welding ladders:( I'm here to get some more information how to do it, because i want to start

28-Jun-21
You have come to the right place! We are all about welding, selling term papers, ladders and hyperlinks to viruses around here. The vast knowledge of my fellow CT bowsiters often draws interest from others in Canada and various states!

28-Jun-21

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
Guy who hunted my farm in Kentucky used antenna towers strapped to tree's.

Two foot wide triangle, pretty sturdy and they are everywhere in the Midwest.

28-Jun-21
Brilliant! Not to mention they prob get pretty good cell service while sitting in tree stand....

28-Jun-21
I tried welding my stand but the tree wouldn't take the weld very well, even tried to soldier it to the tree, not much better. Finally decided to use JB Weld two part epoxy. Now I can't get my stand off the tree. Help.

29-Jun-21
If you use a pedal with your welder its all in the foot control...I find I kick mine a lot..eh

29-Jun-21
Ronald start by taking two pieces of flat thin metal and weld them together with an inch long weld. If you can break the pieces in half after welding then you need to practice practice practice. Even good looking welds aren’t necessarily good if you lack penetration on both pieces.

• Sitka Gear