Kansas
Contributors to this thread:
Zeke 26-Jan-18
z hunter 26-Jan-18
Ksgobbler 26-Jan-18
TwoDogs@work 26-Jan-18
Wally 26-Jan-18
26-Jan-18
Hi y'all, new guy here. Been a lurker for a while and have enjoyed learning from you and reading about hunts I'll never be able to afford.

I haven't done much pheasant hunting this year and am considering hitting some WIHA out west for the last Saturday of the season.(I live 30 min north of Wichita) Would anyone be willing to give me an idea of which area or county I should check into?

26-Jan-18
I heard guys did well around Hays, but have no 1st hand experience, just hearsay..

26-Jan-18
Dodge City area. The WIHA has been absolutely piss pounded so consider seeing birds a successful hunt.

26-Jan-18
I had reports earlier in the year that the Garden City area was really good. I do not have first hand experience with that area lately. I did well there five or six year ago. I have hunted the Hays area twice this year and my experience is that there are far fewer birds than a few years ago and the pressure is pretty bad. The closest area for you where I have done well is the Wilson Lake area. There is some good WIHA in that part of the state.

26-Jan-18
Was in Logan right after Christmas finishing deer season. Birds were thick.

• Sitka Gear