Buskill 04-Feb-18
tonyo6302 05-Feb-18
tonyo6302 05-Feb-18
tonyo6302 06-Feb-18
elkstabber 02-Mar-18
rick 06-Mar-18
tonyo6302 28-Mar-18
30-Jan-18
So its been said airbow is coming to the VA archery season?? What are the varied opinions?? Sound science, physics and game management or politics and financial gain for a few companies hiding in the form of hunter retention and recruitment by introducing a new weapon into an established season??

02-Feb-18
Why not let everyone use 30-06s year around? This thing is so out of hand. Inlines during the rut, xguns all 3 weeks archery season. Kills going down. How does that happen? Pretty obvious. No deer to shoot, little to no access to quality hunting land without $$$. I was involved in this argument starting in 1975 with the approval of the compound bow, then the xgun, now the "pioneer airbow". What is next? It WILL be something, always is.

02-Feb-18
wow, a lot of posts missing since yesterday

02-Feb-18
I wonder how many of our state delegates and senators hunt.

.. ..

.. ..

Clueless politicians maybe?

I do doubt that the air bow makes much of a difference in the archery season. Millions did not invade when crossbows were legalized, I doubt the air bow will do much, either - except maybe the cross bow hunters will switch to the air bow.

03-Feb-18
Tony take a look at OH, WI and other states, you are really missing the point. It WILL affect your season. Doesn't take millions to do so, in addition the money the crossbow airbow mfg. make and use for lobbying will change govt agencies views....

04-Feb-18
I don’t mind it .

05-Feb-18
Tonybear61, you could be correct. Only time will tell.

.. ..

.. ..

As far as crossbow versus Bow kills, 14,977 bow kills, 12.354 crossbow kills for 2016 stats. It has been holding steady for a few years.

05-Feb-18
I also think OH and WI are different, in that they have a much shorter gun season, and very long archery seasons. That may indeed be the factor that crossbows played a significant factor in.

. .. .

. ...

North Carolina, is just the opposite, Sept is Archery, then a one or two week muzzleloader season, then a gun season that opens in Oct, and runs til the end of Dec. Crossbows are not a significant factor there.

06-Feb-18
Virginia House Bill 1393 has been reported, but not voted on yet.

.. ..

Virginia Senate Bill 859 is still in committee.

There is still time to call your Reps, and the Governor.

02-Mar-18
Check out the thread called "The Airbow in Virginia" over on the main forum.

06-Mar-18
I could not find Virginia Airbow. Which forum is it under?

28-Mar-18

tonyo6302's Link
Try this link, I just re-posted updated info.

.. ..

.. ..

HB1393 and SB859, The Airbow Hunting or Arrowgun bills, were changed to only disabled can use them in Archery Season.

29.1-306 Special archery license, slingbow license, and crossbow license. There shall be a license for hunting with a bow and arrow, slingbow, or crossbow, during the special archery seasons, which shall be in addition to the licenses required to hunt small and big game. Any person who is disabled so as to prevent drawing the weight of a bow or crossbow may obtain such license for hunting with an arrowgun. The applicant shall provide proof of disability acceptable to the Director on a standardized form provided by the Department, which shall be in the person's possession while hunting with an arrowgun.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?181+sum+HB1393

Basically;

• Sitka Gear