south-east corner?
Idaho
Contributors to this thread:
trkyslr 01-Feb-18
trkyslr 04-Feb-18
TheTone 05-Feb-18
Outdoordan 26-Feb-18
01-Feb-18
So starting to plan out my retirement even though its still a few years away and am considering the Idaho Falls area. Since I will be retired and getting older I will be needing a town nearby with all the amenities/services, good medical facilities, good restaurants, and a low crime area. I know there's no such thing anymore as "crime-free". And i prefer to be on the outskirts of town in the country where Im within a 20-30 minute max drive from town. So Im thinking Idaho Falls but am willing to hear other suggestions. This summer I will be bringing the family out that way just to look around. Thanks for the info ahead of time.

04-Feb-18
I guess the lack of responses maybe from no question asked lol..... so anyone have any personal experiences or information on this area, the services, or suggest a diff area for retirement in south east idaho????????

05-Feb-18
Idaho falls isn't too bad of an area. I lived about 40 minutes away for a few years. i don't remember any restaurants being really special, mainly just lots of chain places. Winter can be rough, cold and windy if that is a concern. I would rate access to hunting and fishing as really good. As for crime, there is some weirdness/seediness in parts of town, I think most of it related to drugs. Also not sure if it matters to you or not but lots of that part of the state deals with very strong religious (LDS) influence on politics, etc.

26-Feb-18
A fellow bowsiter Dustin moved to IF a few years back. He could be a good contact for it. But, Chris, you may want to look at Boise as the climate is much better.

• Sitka Gear