Live2hunt 17-Mar-18
glunker 17-Mar-18
smokey 18-Mar-18
GVS 18-Mar-18
casekiska 18-Mar-18
ground hunter 18-Mar-18
02-Feb-18
Professional Bowhunters Society

Anyone know anything about them? I've never heard of them but then I came across this post:

"The PBS GATHERING in Madison, WI is only 6 weeks away. If you have not made your room reservations or bought your ticket packages, you better get after it. Our contracted room block for the Marriott at the rate of $109 sold out. However, the Marriott has let us amend the contract to add additional rooms at the price of $109. If you have not registered for your dinner tickets please do so ASAP. We will be having nice quality name tags made with the PBS logo for members who turn their registrations in by Feb. 20th. Name tags of the past make a nice memento for the occasion and are an important part of meeting new members at the gathering. If you register later than Feb. 20th you will be wearing a stick-on name tag. Don’t be one of those guys!

You can reserve rooms at 608-831-2000, Reservation Code: “Bowhunters Society” or via the Marriott website where the PBS Reservation Code is “bhabhaa.” Registration and tickets for the dinners and other events, as well as raffle ticket packages, can be purchased through the PBS website: professionalbowhunters.org, or you can send a check with the form on the dust cover of the last magazine. If you want to confirm that you are signed up, you can contact Harmony at the PBS Office listed below. If you have specific questions concerning the Gathering, please call or email Matt Schuster at 404-386-2229, [email protected].

Included in this email are important links to the constant march of technology in hunting. In the state of Wisconsin crossbow hunters killed more deer than the vertical bow users. The PBS has stood in strong opposition to the crossbow for decades. Many states across the nation adopted their use during general archery seasons and are now seeing the consequences. This web site linked below has annoying pop-ups but the article located there is well worth the read.

The state of Wyoming is looking at moving the crossbow to the rifle season where it belonged in the first place. If you go to the links you will see they are looking at changing the rules on several other forms of technology such as trail cameras and smart rifles. In a recent Wyoming Commission meeting held on Jan 18th technology was on the agenda. It appears it will be part of future meetings and open for discussion until the Commission makes a ruling sometime in the future. If and when the opportunity comes to support moving the crossbow to gun season in either of Wisconsin or Wyoming we will show our full support.

Sincerely, Norm Johnson"

02-Feb-18
I'll be at the banquet!

02-Feb-18
Bobbin hood- what is this organization? How active are they in WI?

02-Feb-18
Tweed,,,,,, you can easily google it, and find out on line..... been around a long time,,,, hunters who just believe in fair chase, and good ethics in a nutshell,,,,,

02-Feb-18

Jeff in MN's Link
Here is the link.

02-Feb-18
Good looking org. They must be promoting more traditional style or are a traditional org? Those Blacktail bows (the one they are giving away) are a beautiful bow, I wish I could afford one. They have some that have sold for $15 - 20,000!!! The standard price is 1200 +-. I would like to go to this, but I'm not realy big on Madison sized city's or anything south of Eau Claire LOL.

02-Feb-18
I know I can google it but i'm curious what have been people's experience and opinion of it.

02-Feb-18
I've been a member since the mid-eighties. Fine organization. Great people.

02-Feb-18
Tweed, sorry, I got called away and never really finished the above post. If you're at Sherwood tomorrow there will be some PBS members there you can talk with. Greg, myself (early), perhaps Brian Tessman, and I'm sure a few more. But, go to the web site. Read about who we are. They do a better job of explaining it than I do.

02-Feb-18
Good to know stagetek!

02-Feb-18
PBS consists of hard core bowhunters that hold fair chase and ethics in the highest regard. If you have any desire to broaden you bowhunting horizons this is the group that you will want to join. I would be happy to tell you more tomorrow.

02-Feb-18
I just read Mike Thies's write up in the latest Stump Shooter about his experience in the PBS and he pretty much sums it up.

02-Feb-18
Tweed go see Brian Tessman,,,,, he is a class act

04-Feb-18
Thank you GVS for taking some time and chatting about PBS with me yesterday.

17-Mar-18
Tweed, I am also not a member, but went to the event on Saturday. I had a great time, quality people, nice vendors, purchased some nice stuff, and got to use my gift card for the Footed Shaft.

Live2Hunt - Black tail was there, super bows, really like them..... 1200 is a piece, but think about what a compound costs, and also, all the bows I have bought and traded, I could easily have had them make me one, in the long run. They are a very special bow.

I read their quarterly, and they are trying to up their membership, and of course I will write the president and give him some ideas. They are not weapon specific, but they are anti cross bow, for the archery season.

What I do not understand, when I think about it, they are looking for quality hunters to join, and I think about around here in Wisconsin. I wonder if Mike the Cheesehead, and Les Welch, and Gary Numier, and Mike Noskoviak, and Reggiepop, here on the site, why not all of these really committed and good bow hunters, are not involved in this group? I could name a lot of names, that they should try and get......

Anyway, I am glad I went,,,,,,

17-Mar-18
It would have been a good event to go to. I would have liked to listen to and meet clay hays. GH, those black tails are a great looking bow for sure, I would have liked to hold one or even shot one if you were allowed to shoot there. I would have been too tempted to pull the trigger on one, lol. PBS does sound like a good org to join if they promote bow hunting and help the future of the sport.

17-Mar-18
I went to the first seminar to recognize the 20 year passing of Jay Massey. It was billed that his friend Borland would present it but as he was hanging in HI with Don Thomas, well he did not make it. A great job was done by a friend of Jays, first name Mike and I apologize for not catching his last name. To surmize they do not make like they used to. One quote, Jay had made a laminated recurve and realized he had let himself get caught in a "speed trap".

18-Mar-18
I posted to this thread earlier but now that post is gone. PBS is a good group of guys, some of the best in bowhunting. I just could not afford to remain a member or attend the gatherings.

18-Mar-18
It was good seeing you there GH. i am glad you had a good time. All of the seminars that I went to were top notch and of course had a great time catching up with old friends and making new. It was unfortunate that they did not make room for the shooting area.

18-Mar-18
I was there Friday, met GH and a number of folks I have known for a while. For a national organization holding a bi-annual convention I expected a little larger vendor area with more vendors. I do feel the ones that were there were top notch and offered super quality items,...some of the leather work I saw was spectacular, and the bows were great. A buddy who hunts with me on my property brought couple dozen Staghorn bows and showed them (for display only - NFS). His display got a lot of attention, good for him. The silent auction items were great and THERE WERE A BUNCH OF "EM! All in all, the PBS convention was certainly worth the effort to attend. I just wish though there would have been additional vendors. Good show. Good event. Good people, Quality people. I would go again & suggest to all to attend.

18-Mar-18
Wish I could have stayed for the weekend,,,, everyone was friendly, and meeting fellow siters GVS and casekiska, was cool, both top notch guys, like to spend more time with them in a camp,,,,, I would have like to seen more vendors, but what was there was top notch.... the leatherwork, from the guy in Tn was really good,,,,,, I also met the couple that make Gray Woolens, Predator Camo, had no idea, they were right here in Langlade Co,,,,,,

The young lady at the welcome table was really nice,,,,, and of course, the best ambassador for them, was our own Brian Tessman, he always has a smile

• Sitka Gear