Proline 04-Feb-18
bowandspear 04-Feb-18
huntskifishcook 04-Feb-18
04-Feb-18

GED's embedded Photo
GED's embedded Photo
GED's embedded Photo
GED's embedded Photo
Looking to share a public land spot with someone helping a youth. The young man I have helped the last few years will be too old next year for this opportunity.

Last 2 seasons weather wasn’t favorable for youth day. I set up a pop-up blind the afternoon before and set up a heater. The blind was set inside standing corn to catch deer using ththe edge. Most people hunt the woods, but deer use the edges more predictably, and we chose to be in the corn because it gave us better back cover than the woods. We walked in 30 minutes before light.

2016 lasted about 3 minutes. A doe walked by slowly at lesss than 20 yards. Perfect heart shot.

2017 last longer. About 5 minutes into the hunt, I saw a young buck. The youth slid the 50 Caliber LHR redemption out of the blind. I cover my ears and waited, and waited, and waited. The youth pulled the gun back, and then through another opening in the blind. After a short wait he squeezed the trigger.

I asked what happened. He explained that he waited for the bigger one to turn broadside. Bigger one?

04-Feb-18
That's awesome. Love seeing the kids get into this and score! Thanks bringing recruits in.

04-Feb-18
GED Hat Tip to You for this, good people.

04-Feb-18
Good stuff, GED!

• Sitka Gear