Trapper 12-Feb-18
Live2hunt 12-Feb-18
Trapper 12-Feb-18
northbound 12-Feb-18
Trapper 12-Feb-18
RJN 12-Feb-18
South Farm 12-Feb-18
05-Feb-18
I know most that come to the site do so primarily during the deer season. That's really too bad because archery is a great time year round.

So for the ones that keep shooting, what shoots and events are you looking forward to until next September?

05-Feb-18
I am home now, I am done with rehab, now I am into a maintenance program for a month, so I have a lot of time on my hands, that is why I am on this site so much lately.....

I am going on a wounded warrior hunt in March,,,,, I am looking forward to the shoots at Ojibwa, and Horicon Marsh, and up north in the UP, summer shoots,

I see that Lost Archery is going to have a distance shoot, from 50 to 100 yards, so I should go to that.....

I love to be in the woods all of March and April and early May,,,,,, have a lot to learn about Vernon County, and a new area in the UP I am going to hunt

I like going to the Deer Shows also,,,,,,

I like the sportsmen rummage sales also, have lots of fun at those,,,,, have to keep from buying too much, trying to down size......

05-Feb-18
Weekly league through March, Africa at end of March, spring turkey in WI, bow fishing throughout the summer, then more bow hunting trips beginning in August.

05-Feb-18
Still shoot when it's not a gazillion degrees below zero. Shoot some indoors. Getting ready to go sturgeon spearing this weekend. Kind of like watching bee fights on TV.

Then it's time to get ready for bears. Spring turkey with the kids in April and May, Bowfishing, food plots, planting trees, taking care of the fruit trees, bee hives and everythign else.

It will be opening day of bear season before I know it!

05-Feb-18
I do a litte ice fishing during the winter months, Grandkids come up a couple times to go. I have a shack with a woodsove in it, bring the atv, cook some venison steaks and make a weekend out of it.When the sap runs ,I cook up some maple syrup on an old wood stove I set up for that. March and April I cut fire wood for the next winter. From April on I shoot my bow at least twice a week at home. I catch the walleye run in April also. Summer is fishing,camping and boating. I do alot of reovations around home in the summer also,whether to the home or the property. Being retired, I must say I stay very busy.

05-Feb-18
Picking up new Triax and shooting tomorrow, brush cutting, pruning at end of month, planting trees this spring, moving stands, food plots, spring turkey, shed hunting in a few weeks.

05-Feb-18
I will be looking for sheds, scouting for stand locations. I plan on getting a start on native ground blind locations too so I can minimize tree stand hunting. I am an outdoor photographer that sells my work so I do a lot of that year round. I miss 3-D shoots since there are few around here now, also, most of the guys I attended with are no longer with us or lost interest.

05-Feb-18
Not any shoots. But I will be burning boot leather scouting public land as soon as some snow melts. I am also doing a lot of hinge cutting on our land. Have to make a "wall" on one border that the neighbor built shooting houses 3 yards from our line. I shoot year round so will keep that up as well.

05-Feb-18
Ice fish about 4 times a week.

Work on a few Estate sales .

Use my power bands 3 times a week . Made a huge differents in my shooting last year .

05-Feb-18

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
I'm still hunting! If this keeps up I'll be in the market for a new freezer!

06-Feb-18
BT where does falconery fall as far as seasons?

06-Feb-18
I'll give the bow a rest and pick up the shotgun for the winter league trap shooting season. That league started the second week of January. I reload my own shotgun shells. Plus I reload several pistol calibers and rifle calibers. The pistol rounds are shot indoors at a range close by. The rifle rounds I will shoot when its alittle warmer outside. Its keeps my eyes and mind sharp and helps with my accuracy. Can't wait until turkey season gets here so I will be out scouting for new flocks to hunt. Always busy.

06-Feb-18
Learn to shoot right handed (again). Fishing in the gulf of Mexico.

06-Feb-18
The older I get, the more I enjoy habitat improvement planning, ex: tree and shrub planting, hindge cutting, and yes food plots. So far I have ordered over 300 trees and shrubs again this year and will still get some more based on spring evaluation of what survives the winter. Deer and raccoon were hard on fruit trees this fall. The raccoon and got at the weed mats and then tipped over some of the chestnut trees (not cheap trees either) and the apple and pear trees where caged but the deer out their heads inside the cages and rubbed the fruit trees. Only one was low enough for the buck to get to the trunk to rub but they are motivated to break branches even it they can’t rub onto the trunk. . This year I’m going to make the cages even bigger. That is an expensive addition to growing fruit trees that I’m am learning the hard way. Lots of mistakes but when it works it is rewarding. My wife I think has said this is it for buying so many trees. I guess I will need to pay cash so she doesn’t see the check after this year.

06-Feb-18
As always, too much to do, not enough time. Waiting to get out for the late ice, ice fishing, a little Taxidermy, put in new stairs for the wife, Steelheading, Cabin, etc. Before I know it, it's Fall again. Hoping to pick up a new recurve between now and Fall.

06-Feb-18
Shoot in the basement during the Winter with the occasional trip to the video range thrown in. Always scouting new land. Spring turkey and moving stands and hanging cameras. That while working 60 hour weeks starting at the end of Feb. Praying for September....

06-Feb-18

wishunter's embedded Photo
wishunter's embedded Photo
I'm out ice fishing nearly every Saturday and Sunday.

06-Feb-18
As far as learning to shoot right-handed again....I'm guessing that there should be a whole bunch of right handed bows available since so many guys seem to be moving to the dark side. It's been a month since this thing started and the vision MAY be slightly better but not well enough to ever shoot left handed again. I do have a scope sighted shoulder fired weapon I could use but is a .270 too extreme?? 28 inches and topping out at 55 or so-think I can find one?? Beginning to believe that Hoyt may well be the choice this time around. I cannot see any connection between this archery company and shoulder fired, scope sighted weapons.

06-Feb-18
You Might consider Elite bows also.

06-Feb-18
Steve-I looked at their website but it looks like they're closely tied to a supplier of shoulder fired, scope sighted weapons and I'm trying to stay away from that. This is a minor thing but my thing....

07-Feb-18
I understand.

07-Feb-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
I'm about the Birds of Prey also Bloodtrail.

07-Feb-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Incoming
Trapper's embedded Photo
Incoming
Or at least getting pictures of them.

07-Feb-18
I just returned from my south Texas, Nilgai hunt that was amazing, mow I think im going back in march and April got some insane deals sent my way, then may Manitoba , july africa axis in August , I will work every second between hunts

07-Feb-18
Tweed - Falconry season is 365 days for rabbit and squirrel. 99.9 % of falconers hunt within the regular season guidelines, some (legally) hunt closer and into March, just a few.

Late in the season - game is mating/having babies and the cycle regenerates itself - so we leave it alone until the nest season.

Yes, Trapper! Cool shots!

07-Feb-18
Everyone that knows me on here knows what I'm doing. ;)

07-Feb-18
"Everyone that knows me on here knows what I'm doing. ;)"

So needlepoint and basket weaving?;)

08-Feb-18
Great pictures Trapper! Majestic birds these are.

08-Feb-18
Wish spring would get here, need to tear the roof off of my trap house,,,,,, geesh my basement, rec room and mud room are so clean, and organized its scary,,,, when it was a mess, I could find stuff

08-Feb-18
Have 45 people shooting league to the end of March plus walk ins. For me season is never really over . I hear peoples hunting stories all year when working on there equipment . Also fishing season starts in may so most of my business moves to my other building . But will try to do a bunch of musky fly fishing this year starting in April in Missouri then up here when it opens .

08-Feb-18
I look out back and see the five cords of wood I have split once the weather gets warmer. Snow shoe and check my trail cameras I work sport shows for Northwoods Bear Products, other than that it's now just cabin fever since I quit ice fishing. Oops, I forgot to mention pushing snow around.

08-Feb-18
Hoot, why would you quit ice fishing? I think I like that more than open water except for steelheading. I just can't find the time to get out, winter will be over before I know it.

08-Feb-18
I just can't take the cold like I use too. I do still get out with some friends once in a while though. I do some trapping, but fur is way down now so it's not worth the trouble.

08-Feb-18
got invited to trap next week, private land, some rich guys land in Hazlehurst and Wausau,,,,,,, got to get doctors clearance first,,,, but sure would like to trap this guys land, never been touched,,,, only high class deer hunts,,,,,, its his own land, wants the coyotes lessened,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my buddy from Tomahawk got a contract for it,,,,,,,

08-Feb-18
Ya, this will be the second year now that I have not set a trap. Hoping prices will start up again some year.

08-Feb-18
I have some coons I need to flesh that I got from our last warm up. Only a week left of trapping for me but it doesn't look like it'll be warm enough for them to move.

Looking forward to the pheasant shoot in March. Will probably start to learn the river and do some fishing April and May.

Want to get a camper on the property up north and spend some more time up there.

12-Feb-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Hopeful to start this on March 10th.

12-Feb-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
More fun with Family and Friends.

12-Feb-18
Cool stuff there Trapper! What is the ratio of sap to syrup again? Also, you must be a giant comparing that jar and your hand to the kitchen table and stuff.

12-Feb-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Live2hunt, It varies by the year. 40/1 is about the standard. Have had as good as 32/1 and as bad as 60/1

Not a Giant. Just showing the clarity after taking the bugs and niter out of it.

12-Feb-18
Trapper, your not looking at bowsite while hovering over a big hole in the ice are you? Won't be able to take hero fish pics if you drop your phone down the hole

12-Feb-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
I see nothing northbound!

12-Feb-18
I thought you were the one that got the 155 lb Trapper. That thing was huge.

12-Feb-18
Mostly doing a lot or reading, a bit of shed hunting, and restocking the old tacklebox. Tried to go ice-fishing yesterday but too cold, wussed out:)

• Sitka Gear