Babysaph 09-Feb-18
hookman 09-Feb-18
Mooseman 09-Feb-18
babysaph 09-Feb-18
WV Mountaineer 11-Feb-18
06-Feb-18

sundaynwv's embedded Photo
sundaynwv's embedded Photo
Sb 451 just passed senate natural resources. Please make calls to senate judiciary.

07-Feb-18
i made a call and also made a suggestion that maybe it wasn't a good idea to make state forests public hunting on sunday. during the fall and winter adventure seekers use the trail networks for hiking and biking. be nice to give those users a day of peace without having to worry about getting shot up. I know it sounds greedy to you, but its the truth.

07-Feb-18
I didn’t realize it was that big an issue . How many hikers and bikers have been shot the other 6 days a week during hunting season?

07-Feb-18
Sunday hunting and public land works amazingly well in 43 other states? If it works well without hikers or bikers getting "shot up" in 43 other states, what makes West Virginia different? Why will it not work here? I'm not following the logic.

A day of peace? Should we remove the shooting ranges from Kumbrabow and others so hikers have a day of peace? Outlaw picnics with noisy kids?

Remove state forests but keep national forests? Is a hiker in a state forest more in jeopardy than a hiker in a state forest?

Public land users should have the same opportunities all seven days of the week. Period.

07-Feb-18
I'm for outlawing picnics with noisy kids

07-Feb-18
LOL. You crack me up babysaph.

08-Feb-18
go to the greenbrier state forest in oct and nov with this day and age weather and watch the number of people using the trail system.. might surprise you, but then again I know you don't care because you don't give a shit about anything else other than YOUR agenda. 5000 acres of state forest compare to 200,000 of national forest is a bit of difference. of course nobody has been shot up because for the most part people have been safe. but you know that guy who suggested that the solid rocket booster not be lit up below 53 degrees? he was just trying to deter a potential disaster. how about the Kanawha state forest or kumbrow (how ever you spell it). I wonder how many people would like a day where they don't have to worry about the potential of being shot up, or more importantly just a day of solitude with the family. most of those peeps work 6 days a week so they wont be out there when johnny the coal miner has tues and Wednesdays off to hunt. me personally, id rather live in a sate that does it a little different. a state that says, hmm that makes a little sense. a state that appeals to everyone, even if everyone doesn't take advantage of the opportunity given to them. id love to see it as private land only on sunday, but I also understand the aspect of negotiation, thus my idea of allowing national but not state lands. there are more day users than you think out there. hunters have it pretty well in this state. one day of solitude on the smaller tracts of land, I know its a lot to ask for in this trump world we now live in. I know, they have 8 months of sundays to get their peace. its awesome out there when its 92 degrees and the leaves are the color of a dead mans face. yall kill me, carry on. happy bastille day!

08-Feb-18
next youll want us to get arrested for leaving a carcass in the woods to go back into the dirt where it came. it will be against the law to not eat the bones and spinal cord. wait, that it already in the legislature as well lol.

08-Feb-18
The state parks systems are closed to hunting year round. They can get their day of solitude every single day in our parks.

08-Feb-18
More apt to get shot up on the streets of Charleston.

08-Feb-18
You have a valid point Hookman.

08-Feb-18
Sean,

Way to go on and on but not answer a single question I asked.

Also, might want to read the wanton waste bill before you spread falsities about it too.

08-Feb-18
State forests are 70,000 acres total. I can't name a coal miner that has Tuesday and Wednesday off.

I need just one example of a hiker on a trail in wv being shot. I can be scared of being trampled by a unicorn while hiking Greenbrier State Forest, but probably need some precedent set before we outlaw unicorns on trails in state forests.

08-Feb-18
you are right corey, I cant remember ever hearing about a hiker or biker being shot by a hunter. fair to say 90 percent of the day use was on Saturday and sunday. the intelligent ones stayed out of the woods on Saturday and ventured in on sunday. I know this because I ran an outdoor business. i traveled throughout the state. i have been to and biked or hiked every trail system in the state, both national and state land. i have many contacts to this day around the state that keep me informed of the outdoor pursuits of enthusiasts. i know when people use the lands. i made a living at it for many years. now back to point. so let us entertain your point. nope, cant remember an accident. why? a lot of reasons, including the two groups didn't coincide as much, as stated above. now i answered that question. and to forward think....no issues on the space shuttle program before the challenger. enter Morton Thiokol (corey) "we can do this, its all good. for everyone" chief engineer Roger Boisjoly (sean). hold on a sec. listen to this. we have never launched with temps this low. i know everything sounds great, but have really looked into all the parameters closely? i think we need to cancel, or negotiate something better that is more concrete. boom. ill answer your other questions in a bit. ill ask you one before i get back to work though on this Thursday evening. did you, your group, or anyone that supports this bill speak with anybody that runs the state lands or the people who use them or the people who market them for tourism?

08-Feb-18
Local News “Matter of time” until a hiker got shot

Originally published August 6, 2008 at 12:00 am | Updated August 5, 2008 at 10:36 pm With the way hikers and hunters share the same backwoods and the same trails, it was only a matter of time before an accident like the one last weekend that killed 54-year-old Pamela Almli, mistaken for a bear by a 14-year-old boy, a Snohomish County sheriff's deputy said.

Rasar said Forest Service personnel don’t like to make judgments about what kind of recreational uses is acceptable. The land is there for people to enjoy and use and protect, he said. He said he’s not sure there is a perfect solution.

“The fact is that a lot of people hike and a lot of people are out there shooting, too. Sooner or later, they cross paths and a tragedy can happen,” he said. “This is one that’s going to haunt people on both sides for a long time.”

---so. how many years has wv been no hunting on sunday? that got changed. not a bad thing, except: now we open to public land. ranger is absolutely right. for everyone to enjoy. no perfect solution. maybe not. now enter this wild idea. perhaps, we could lessen it even more by restricting public state land on sundays. 70k acres total corey. break it up. ill use gbr state forest because it is close to me. the trail network is very concentrated within the boundries. the path for hunters, no matter up or down left or right will intersect the network. 5k acres total here. now. i can park my truck at the end of route 92 north, enter the woods and walk for days. for days!. so since everyone uses statistics. opening both state and national land on sundays has risks. opening national while state remains closed on sundays just dropped your risk way way down AND made it worthwile for both parties. magic.

while the forest personnel doesn't want to make a judgment as to who can do what, i guarantee that you throw my ideaout to sam England about the sunday deal and it would generate a favorable response. call sam and prove me wrong.

08-Feb-18
Sunday, do you have a list of email addresses for the senators. It's quicker for me to sent one email to all than to call each.

08-Feb-18

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Maybe we should outlaw lagamorph hunting?

08-Feb-18
Sean, I ask for an example of a hiker being shot in wv. You gave an example of a hiker in Washington killed on a Saturday.

08-Feb-18

M.P.'s embedded Photo
M.P.'s embedded Photo

08-Feb-18
At least, should pass a law requiring all rabbit holes be larger in diameter than a human head.

08-Feb-18
. did you, your group, or anyone that supports this bill speak with anybody that runs the state lands or the people who use them or the people who market them for tourism?

We are the people that use the state lands. Wma's are paid for by hunters, not hikers, bikers, etc. The bill is supported for its boost in tourism.

Once again, they coincide in 43 other states. Why will they not in wv

I guess your view comes from having private land to hunt.

08-Feb-18
ROFL!! I’m going to ask for a bill to be introduced next year that mandates all rabbit holes must be at least 24 inches in diameter.

09-Feb-18
What's a Trump world?

09-Feb-18
And I know you guys won't believe this but I saw a unicorn in Pendleton county once. I have seen Cougars too.

09-Feb-18
I believe you Babysaph. You are one of a kind.

09-Feb-18
Hey what about all the hunters that don't have private land to hunt on Sunday's.I buy a license to hunt and pay for that state land.Most private landowners don't even buy license.

09-Feb-18
I am a landowner and have a lifetime license

11-Feb-18
Thank you Cory. Will do

• Sitka Gear