Sitka Gear
Western Slope wolf reintroduction
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
RDHunts 08-Feb-18
coelker 08-Feb-18
Grasshopper 08-Feb-18
08-Feb-18
Last night I attended a seminar regarding wolf reintroduction into Colorado by a Senator/ biologist from Montana. His seminar discussed the prime habitat for this program on the western slope, targeting our largest elk herd here in the White River National Forest. As this was not an open forum, although some questions were asked at the end, this presentation was entirely pro reintroduction and strongly supported the success of the reintroduction project in 1995 in Yellowstone, Idaho, Montana. We learned that there will be an open forum discussion in the fall. (date currently unknown). I would encourage a strong representation of sportsmen, ranchers, and anybody else concerned to attend this meeting. For information on the nature of wolves, and issues surrounding reintroductions of wolves, I can recommend an interesting and comprehensive read---THE REAL WOLF by Ted Lyon. In this book, you will find some area of this issue to assist you in voicing your opinion if you are interested in speaking out at this forum. Closer to fall I will try to inform everyone of the date and location of this forum. (Hopefully this will not interfere with our hunting.)

08-Feb-18
Thanks for going. I was not able to attend due to work lasting until 9:30 last night but wanted to be there in a major way.

The one thing I have learned is that the prowolf folks are willing to manipulate and lie in ways that would make Washington politicians jealous. I am happy to know that many people there were against the efforts.

Make no mistake about it planting the non native Canadian Grey Wolf into Colorado with its 6 million people will have devastating effects on ranching and our wildlife.

08-Feb-18
Richard, your testimony at the meeting was specifically mentioned before the wildlife commission today, and called out as spot on. Thanks for all you have done, and continue to do for Colorado hunters.

• Sitka Gear