hawkeye in PA 19-Feb-18
RC 19-Feb-18
DaleHajas 19-Feb-18
RC 25-Feb-18
09-Feb-18

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
Well, it's February already. WOW!

And if the road you live on is still passable, with all the potholes and ice chunks along the berm, then use that road to take you to the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" regular Traditional 3D shoot next Sunday, February 18!

That we know of, we're not hosting another "SPAM" shoot, nor is some TV or Movie celebrity showing up to do trick shots across Nuclear Creek. Nah, this month we've notched things back to our NORMAL state of shooting existence, where our Friends and Guests are the ones creating all the fun and buzz!

Whether you are the classic Pennsylvania/Regional Traditional Bowhunter hoping to fill the freezer next fall, or your appreciation lies more in challenging field-style Target Archery using a classic, vintage bow, we invite all of you to join us, if your schedules permit.

As for any Archery event conflicts, there are none; Compton's-Pittsburgh takes place the following weekend. And on the telly, it will probably be ice dancing again for the Olympics. (Hmmmm....ice dancing with recurves.....)

Ya know.......you COULD make this "Sticks" shoot your own Winter Olympic Game of sorts, should you choose some specific challenge within your regular shooting group: maybe highest number of arrows lost buys a plate of fries to share, or, robin hooding an arrow gets an "I found this rusted aluminum arrow so you can have it" kind a award. These are just possibilities and suggestions. Whatever YOU decide....hey, it's YOUR day with the bow and arrow!!!!

We just provide the place and opportunity, complete with life-size foam animal targets. Heck, maybe you'll see you shadow, maybe not. Winter is here, may as well make the best of it.

Sunday, February 18, 2018, from 8 AM until 1 PM. Keeping your fingers and toes crossed for acceptable weather for both Sunday, and the preceding Saturday (our set-up day) will be gratefully appreciated.

And hopefully, those pothole monsters won't have grown too much more by then!

Until then, and as always, THANK YOU !!, from The Crew of "Strictly Sticks"

10-Feb-18

10-Feb-18
Thanks HC

10-Feb-18
Be there or be square!

11-Feb-18
Correcting an error I made: Seneca Archers "Shoot For The Cure" is MARCH 24-25, NOT the February weekend following this upcoming "Sticks" shoot. My apologies to Seneca Archers, and everyone else, for getting things goofed up.

11-Feb-18
Geeze Randy, screwed up last month too. Must be getting old.

12-Feb-18
You gotta see his facebook stuff..... Sheesh:)

12-Feb-18
What do ya expect from an alien from Kecksburg? :)

15-Feb-18
Hey: JUST AN OBVIOUS "HEADS UP":

Wear/bring suitable muck/mud/water boots. There is an awful lot of water down this neck of the woods, after the last couple days, and with what's still expected. We are concerned.

We will do our best to create a course that avoids any flat areas where ponding can occur, so that might mean a pathway following a hillside.

THe "meadows" is probably a "no go"; it swamps up the quickest.

So: attend with an "open mind" and properly attired feet.

Now just keep yer fingers crossed that it stops raining....

We thank you.....

15-Feb-18
Real bows and arrows float.

We're good.

16-Feb-18
LOL

17-Feb-18
We're not going to make it had a lot of tornado damage here. But thankfully we're all okay

17-Feb-18
Folks, a 30+ target course has been set up. As we were finishing, around 2:50 PM, though, a snow band started up. Much to our dismay.

So: just make your own decisions about traveling. We have no idea where all this snow is hitting, nor how much will be put down.

The Crew will be there, even if it turns out to be a skeleton crew. We can tell you that the course is all on the area across the road....nothing is on the clubhouse side. We were able to get quad access for the entire course; there was some ponding here and there, but no gushing open creeks.

This was all before the snows hit!

So: it's up to you. As of 6:26 PM Saturday evening, the shoot is NOT cancelled. Use YOUR best judgement!

And: we THANK YOU, whatever your decision!

(Glad you are safe, bowkevin)

17-Feb-18
Hvac Tech and I will not be attending. We may be manly but we are also smart enough to know when to wimp out. HT's got a long drive from Bedford Co and the closer we get to the ski area the more idiot yuppies and their Volvos we gotta deal with.

Don't think any less of us (if that's possible).

MMM out.

17-Feb-18
Red Beastmaster, no worries, mate. There's no way we could think any less of you. And as for "wimping out", yinz know what you deal with up your way, better than any of us lowlanders. Go outside your back door tomorrow morning, and walk your stuff course. Shoot with "Sticks" in Spirit.

18-Feb-18
Very nice course layout, Randy. Best I've seen there. 63 shooters is great. Even folks came from as far away as Breezewood. They said the roads were clear up that way. Didn't see any mmm boys there? That's probably why it was so quiet:)

18-Feb-18
Roy...you've seen the tv ads. As guys get older their testosterone levels drop. Must happen to a higher degree is southern Somerset and Bedford.

And....Bedford already has CWD (chronic wimp disease) :^P

18-Feb-18
Roy, going to let you in on a little secret.

That secret is a guy named Bernie. This Bernie guy has got a way of creating a 30-target course where others only see trees and hills. AND, this elusive Archer is also the mastermind behind the December shoot, which shared some of the same territory.

But, like Punxy Phil, and Aliens, this Archer prefers the shadow existence. One moment, he is there; next, he is in some remote place like Florida, or some trout creek. Ya say his name 3 times, and sometimes, you find him standing there beside you; been there all along....

I'm glad I know this Bernie Archer. Even I don't get lost when he's trailblazing....

Yep, 63 registered Archers! And by chance, did yinz notice how many "First Time Sticks" folks were there? That's what really impressed The Crew!

It was one of those "Do we cancel, or do we run-with-it?" situations. Driving home after set-up yesterday was not pleasant. And all that any of us thought about was: Is it really worth anybody's risk, just to go shoot a stickbow?

But, it all worked out, and seeing that big 'ole Sun in the sky this morning, melting away that layer of snow....beautious!

So, our thanks to everyone who was able to attend, and we hope those we missed today will be consider our final shoot of the Winter 2017-2018 Season...the March 18, 2018 "Archer Appreciation Day".

It involves food. Ah-hah! All paying Archers will enjoy a buffet lunch as "Thanks" from the Crew for another good season.

Something to look forward to! (One less meal I have to cook!!!!)

Great to see everyone today, and to all yinz: THANK YOU! from The Crew

18-Feb-18
HC

Glad you had a good turnout. Next time.

Check your pm's.

18-Feb-18
Red, I'm 55. I no longer check my pm's.

18-Feb-18
All them MMM boys seem to have come down with PMS:)

LMFAO:)

18-Feb-18
I never did like you.

19-Feb-18
:)

19-Feb-18
Thanks Strictly Sticks crew for another fine shoot. That Bernie guy (I'm guessing) did a fine a job at tucking in a few of them critters in. Nice to see that ram in some realistic shooting distances also;) Becfast was good also. And its great to see the first time shooters.

19-Feb-18
Ya becfast was ok... LOL

19-Feb-18
:)

25-Feb-18

Real bows and arrows float. We're good.

Ya right.... LOL

• Sitka Gear