Live2hunt 13-Feb-18
ground hunter 13-Feb-18
Drop Tine 13-Feb-18
G-Man 13-Feb-18
RUGER1022 13-Feb-18
>>>--arrow1--> 13-Feb-18
DoorKnob 14-Feb-18
13-Feb-18
Im not a big off season shooter amd store my bow away till mid summer. My Destroyer 350 string is 5 years old. String looks cared for but when should I change it? Ruger, didnt you suggest J's archery in Antigo for bow service? I live in northern marathon co.

13-Feb-18
J'S Archery on hwy 45 just north of town . 1st class pro shop .

I went 7 years before changing strings & cables on my Switchback but I only shoot about 100 arrows a year .

13-Feb-18
J's archery is a great bow shop, yet still there are yotes up there that go to fleet farm next door,,,,,,,,,,, You go to J's he will take care of you................. Let them look at it

I shoot a lot, on my compound, a Hoyt Carbon Spyder I change out my string, and loop, every 2 years, cheap insurance..... My new recurve, I will have 3 strings for, I change out my recurve strings, yearly.........

My long bows not so much, because they are not used that much,,,,, One thing to remember, is that bow is being dragged and dropped, and pulled etc, in the woods, at least mine are, I am tough on equipment,,,,,, take a magnifier to the string, to really look at it.....................

I wax my strings all the time

13-Feb-18
Those compound strings get spendy, I changed mine every 2-3 years on that. I put a new string on my compound 3 years ago for 125 bucks and haven't touched the bow since. My recurve has been every year, but it gets shot alot.

Ground, have you found any of the brush stoppers for recurves that aren't so noisy when you shoot? I tried them but could not stand that knocking sound when I release.

13-Feb-18
Yeah, I think I have some of mine left, usually sell them at the Trad shoots, if I have a set, I will give them to you,,,,,, got to get a tape out to Utah, while I am at it

13-Feb-18
Jays’s is a great shop with good knowledgeable guys. Bowtech strings have never been known to be the greatest. I changed mine out after the 3rd year on my 350. D loop I do every year. You have one fail at 1/2 draw is no fun and hurts.

13-Feb-18
I also use J's. He is really good.

13-Feb-18
I don't know if it was luck or skill but 1 year I had J'S change strings & order new limbs ( 10 lbs lighter ) .

Got home & test fired it . Absolutely dead on at 20 30 & 40 yards & whisper quiet.

13-Feb-18
Vapor Trail strings lead the industry ...

14-Feb-18
For off season storage I have always destung a stick and cranked down the limbs on a wheelie. Count them down and make a note, easy to crank em back exactly.

• Sitka Gear