Jeff in MN 15-Feb-18
LesWelch 16-Feb-18
sharpspur@home 16-Feb-18
Cheesehead Mike 16-Feb-18
Kevin @ Wisconsin 17-Feb-18
Jeff in MN 18-Feb-18
YZF-88 18-Feb-18
13-Feb-18
Just a heads up for you guys that may be applying for licenses or buying preference points in Colorado. Don't wait until the last minute. They have a new system and there are some problems.

I’ve been hearing that people are having problems with the new system so I went in and tried to create my account.

You start by entering your CID number and looking up your existing account.

The next page says they found your account and you have to enter your driver’s license number. The system then hung up for me and said my DL No. was incorrect and that I should call the Call Center. There was no number for the Call Center on that page so I had to search for that adding to the frustration.

I called the number I found and the guy said the system had the wrong DL No. for me and that WI recently changed DL No.’s. I told him that I’ve had the same DL No. since I was 16. He input the correct DL No. into the system and said I was good to go. I then clicked submit and it took me to the next page where I create my password and he said as long as I’m there, everything is good and we ended the phone call.

After I entered and confirmed my password I hit “submit” and I got an error saying there was a problem with my email address, even though the page had automatically been populated with my email address that was on file. I tried re-entering my email a couple times and no-go. There’s a message that tells you to click on the update links if you want to update your email address but there are no “update links” on the page!

Another call to Colorado CPW, another explanation and another walk through of what has happened so far. This guy determined that somehow I have 2 CID’s and they’re both tied to my email address and it’s confusing the system. I’m not sure how I got 2 CID’s. He said they will merge my CID’s and I should check back in a couple hours and if it’s not fixed I should call again. The guy said, "it's a good thing you're taking care of this now."

Sure glad I didn’t wait until the last minute. Stay tuned...

13-Feb-18
Thanks Mike.

13-Feb-18
What a cluster. The worst part is telling you WI changed DL#'s. Pretty sure that only happens if you get married and change your name. Someone that is supposed to know what they are doing giving false info. Then again what to expect from the state of granola eaters and stoners.

13-Feb-18
Thanks for the heads up. Just checked to make sure everything was all good.

13-Feb-18
You're welcome guys and good luck!

The guys I talked to at CPW were actually very friendly and helpful. It's not their fault; they are stuck dealing with the fallout from a new system that I'm sure was not their idea. I did make a suggestion that they add the Call Center phone number on the page that tells you to call the Call Center. The guy made note of it and said he'll pass it along.

It's going to be a cluster for some guys who wait until the last minute...

The number to call if you have problems is: 303-297-1192, press 4 for a Hunt Planner.

13-Feb-18
Thank you Mike. I had the same problem with having 2 accounts.

13-Feb-18
I was able to do accounts for Hunter and I in only a matter of a cpl minutes each. That was nice!

13-Feb-18
Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Does anyone beta test their software before they go live anymore? Seems like WI had rough foll out with go wild and the system before that. And from personal experience our computer system at work that was supposed to solve all problems has been anything but.

13-Feb-18
"Does anyone beta test their software before they go live anymore?"

Kind of, software engineers like most engineers have great ideas on paper. But they are usually never the ones that have to work with or on these great ideas.

13-Feb-18
Thanks Mike I was on the phone for about a half hour it didn't like my email.

14-Feb-18
Mike, you are talking about just getting your account "set up" right in "new process'. We don't apply until March 1 and deadline April 3. Right?

14-Feb-18
Yes Jim, I'm just trying to get my account set up at this point.

Day 2 and it still doesn't work for me. I'm not sure if I'm going to call them again or just use my work email. I don't really want to use my work email partly because I'm only going to work here for another year or so...

14-Feb-18
Will get this done asap. I have 4 accounts to update??. Thier really sticking it to the loyal nrs. My 11 years of sheep hoat and moose points lose thier value significantly in 3 years now that you dont jave to pony up $6300 plus just to apply. Guess thats what i get for being fiscally respondsible

14-Feb-18
Makes me happy as I don't hunt Colorado anymore as I'm too old to hike the mountains. This sounds like the initial GO WILD system when it was launched.

14-Feb-18
Day 2 and another 15 minute phone call. The guy admitted there is a glitch in the system that they're working on fixing. He gave me a new password to try and it still didn't work. I kept him on the line this time until I knew everything worked.

Then he did something on his end and recreated the account with a new password and it finally worked. Then I was able to log in, confirm everything and change my password.

Not bad, only 2 days, 3 phone calls and about an hour on the phone total ;^)

14-Feb-18
Mine worked. Thanks Mike! Ready to go. I have a couple buddies to let know now.

15-Feb-18
I just had to call customer service to get mine fixed. It took about 5 minutes. something about a conflict if you have a Reserve America account.

She entered her email address to make it work and then changed it to mine. Good to go.

15-Feb-18
Just signed in, no problems. Shows I have the following points. Elk-13 Deer-9 Pronghorn-7.

Anyone with similar points interested in going? Keep in mind I and am a senior member of bowsite and wouldn't be climbing any mountains or outrunning any elk.

I don't see where I can even apply for a point at this time, just that apps must be in by April 3.

16-Feb-18
Jeff, just applying for a point in CO, is not an option like WY.

16-Feb-18
Just got mine all set up. Longest thing was sitting on hold for 15 minutes (forgot my CID#). after that is was simple. They must have the glitches worked out

16-Feb-18
Since when Les? You could always just choose the Preference Point code and just apply for/buy a point but you had to front the cost of a cow tag.

sharpspur, the problem was trying to set it up online which is what your supposed to be able to do.

17-Feb-18
It was quick entering my info in to the new integrated system once I found it.

Looks like all the bugs were ironed out.

18-Feb-18
Pretty sure I got all my points by just going for a pref point. Maybe there was a preference point only unit number to use. I didn't look for that.

18-Feb-18
Mine worked out. I was waiting for someone else to try first. Thanks Mike.

I have 8 deer points and 2 elk. If I don't draw Wyoming elk, I'll think about using the deer points somehow.

Also, now that we don't front the money, I'll buy an elk point as well.

• Sitka Gear