Glunt@work 13-Feb-18
13-Feb-18

Grasshopper's embedded Photo
I spotted these guys today, couple of real gaggers in the group just out of range of my phone camera.

Here is where I need help. They seem to bed and find cover to the left(north) of the photo along the river and the travel pattern heads south past the covered picnic area through a funnel towards the jungle gym which has the best forage in the park. I am thinking if I put a tree stand between the picnic area, and the jungle gym I could be in the proper spot for success. With the wind blowing from the westerly parking lot, I'm not sure if I should position my stand to the west or east. Any advice?

Another alternative I am considering is fashioning some sort of ground blind incorporating the jungle gym. It has multiple natural shooting lanes, and the slide could provide concealment cover if I were to sit under it. Anyone done that before that can offer tips?

13-Feb-18
Make sure to bring a bag of charcoal so you can fire up the straps after a long and difficult hunt!

13-Feb-18
Good point!

13-Feb-18
get the biggest bull to get tangled in the tire hanging chains and the just walk up and ......................

13-Feb-18
I would listen to Paul he knows something about hunting in a urban setting. Did you see his thread on back yard geese!! ;)

13-Feb-18

The snow is gone, but the boys still like the playground

13-Feb-18
Dang! I was going to suggest getting the snow camo out and sneaking in there a couple hours before daylight.

They’d think you were just another piece of playground equipment!

Either that or just ru at them and hope one hangs him self in the swing set!

Can see at least one really good bull in the group!

Good luck!

13-Feb-18
On weekends there is usually a group of goth kids with foam swords and battle axes doing some sort of role play something or other in that park. Just dye your hair black, where some big boots and black, skinny jeans and they won't even pay any attention to you.

• Sitka Gear