Tekoa 16-Feb-18
Proline 16-Feb-18
Belchertown Bowman 16-Feb-18
13-Feb-18
Just wondering if any one else has heard anything about this

14-Feb-18
no sir.

14-Feb-18
I believe that issue is being voted on at a meeting on March 7 .

14-Feb-18
Pi nailed it. I cant get to the meeting regrettably, but any of you who can - make the effort. Worst case, you get to see the cool new MDFW building which is awesome in and of itself.

Will

15-Feb-18
https://www.mass.gov/news/extended-archery-deer-season-proposed

A public hearing to extend the archery deer season in eastern Massachusetts will be held March 7, 2018 at 7 p.m. at the MassWildlife Field Headquarters, 1 Rabbit Hill Road, Westborough, MA. The proposal is to open the archery deer season two weeks early in eastern Massachusetts (Wildlife Management Zones 10–14).

16-Feb-18

Let it fly 's Link
So I guess if you can’t make the meeting you can send an email voicing your support I’ll post the email address

16-Feb-18
why just eastern mass? they should open state wide and adjust tags accordingly.....wtf

16-Feb-18
J - lets just hope it's like the last time, and after a couple years it went state wide...

16-Feb-18
Thats the problem with the extension. No adjustment to tags so I'm not really in favor of it.

16-Feb-18
I'd love to get another 2 weeks of hunting when the acorns are droppping better. But is their goal just to lower the deer numbers out here? Have they crunched any numbers to determine approximately how many hunters will travel out east from other parts of the State? Do they have any plans to adjust tags to reflect the increased pressure and season length? If the main objective is to lower the numbers across all of eastern Mass I am not for it. If their goal is to give hunters more time in the woods and adjust tags accordingly, I am all for it.

16-Feb-18
I do not see Western mass hunters traveling east. NY, CT, NH and I think VT are are all open. Easier rides. Less access issues and as many deer. Especially NY Tekoa

16-Feb-18
Tekoa,..

I was talking with Big Country and he mentioned you have to debone a deer outta NY to bring it home. So for you guys who hunt there. Assuming you are just a visitor and do not have a cabin there how are you going about that? Are you paying a butcher and saying ship it or are you guys actually deboning it on site?

16-Feb-18
BB Doesn't take long to debone into large chunks. Either in the field at kill site, at truck or camp. Thirty minutes give or take. Check out you tube videos. Out west this is done all the time for backpacking out meat. Tekoa

16-Feb-18
When I hunted NY we took whatever we shot to the butcher immediately and if time was tight we had to pay extra to get it processed in time to go home. Made the trip a pain in the butt.

16-Feb-18
K thanks guys,..

• Sitka Gear