splitlimb13 14-Feb-18
Oryx35 14-Feb-18
splitlimb13 15-Feb-18
Dyjack 15-Feb-18
Oryx35 15-Feb-18
wes 15-Feb-18
HDE 15-Feb-18
14-Feb-18
Couple of questions. Are the otc archery bear liscences unit specific? Also, are there any good bear hunting opportunities within about an hour of Albuquerque? Not sure where I read or heard this but are there alot of problems with anti-hunters messing with hunters vehicles etc? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

14-Feb-18
OTC bear is not unit specific, but each region has its own quota, so check with game and fish before heading out.

14-Feb-18
The only units you can't hunt are the draw units so it's a little bit unit specific. Definitely wanna check the quota.

14-Feb-18
I don't think I've ever heard of an anti-hunter messing with someone's vehicle in New Mexico. If anything it would be an addict looking to steal stuff. I've never personally had a problem, but you do occasionally hear about it. Honestly the odds probably aren't any worse than any other day in Albuquerque.

15-Feb-18
We've had our run-ins with the tree huggers in the Gila. Had a couple guys going around breaking Windows cutting bow strings during elk season. Sure would like to have caught them

15-Feb-18
It's archery only during September for all OTC units.

15-Feb-18
Damn that's crazy! I've hunted the Gila for years.

15-Feb-18
Thanks for the replies. Thinking about checking out the Cedar crest area. Is there a decent population of bears in this area?

15-Feb-18
Find the unit and region it's in then check the harvest report vs quota. That should give you an idea.

• Sitka Gear