Contributors to this thread:
lunker 14-Feb-18
TT-Pi 14-Feb-18
Will 14-Feb-18
Cp550022 14-Feb-18
lunker 15-Feb-18
Proline 15-Feb-18
14-Feb-18
plainville town meeting tonite on a ban on hunting in a town owend property.when will this stop! at 430 there were 6 deer in a back yard 300ft from cumbies in the center of town

14-Feb-18
Lunker , I was in the center of Plainville just before that today. Maybe I spooked them over there . Shitty town bastards.

14-Feb-18
It wont. Its up to us to help folks see that hunters and hunting are not the messed up stereotype they think. We are not out there flinging lead and arrows at people.

Doesnt matter how it got to this point. We are the ones who get to try and protect it though.

Frustrating!

14-Feb-18
What happened at the meeting? Did the ban pass? I had been told originally that hunting was okay on this property. I came out of the woods to a nasty note on my truck at the beginning of the season from a neighbor. I went straight to the police station and explained the situation, they were useless. I called the board of selectmen's office for clarification 3 different times and wa essentially blown off, with "we will get back to you, we are looking into it". I never heard back from them. I am fairly certain they voted on it in the October town meeting. Only two people voted Chris yarworth the conservation committee chair and another member of the board. The town meeting from october was on you tube. Both voted no hunting, because they have encouraged people to walk there and feared for their safety..... As far as I know they never made it public knowledge that they would be voting on this. The agenda for that meeting said "discussion on the bergh property" and they voted no hunting. Pretty backhanded shady stuff if you ask me. No one ever called me to say we are going to be discussing/voting on this. A side note any land controlled by the conservation committee in Plainville is legal to hunt. This land from what I understand was purchased with town funds for conservation land/green space so that it did not turn into a 55 house development. The problem was that the land is owned by the board of selectmen and not under control of the conservation committee. A final note is that one of the abutters, who owns a lot of land, (and who I am fairly certain is anti hunting) is on the board for the town. Gotta love small town politics. Please keep us updated on this if anyone has any other knowledge , or if there are upcoming meetings on this.

15-Feb-18
i pm dja

15-Feb-18
Should never be allowed. If you live there your taxes were paid to buy that land. Additionally, under CPA funding, a lot of towns have purchased land in the past dozen years and to do so the State puts money up for the purchase. When the state does fund town land purchases ( your taxes again) they should require that it can not ban hunting and fishing on it. Its not right.

• Sitka Gear