Taxidermist itch
Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
PublicLandHunter 14-Feb-18
lunker 15-Feb-18
Ungie01201 15-Feb-18
PublicLandHunter 15-Feb-18
14-Feb-18
Anyone else wishing their mount was done yet?

Might be just me, but this is my first deer worthy of mounting, and I only had him in my hands for a few hours before he was dropped off to be mounted. The taxidermist estimated April/May timeframe, but I'm getting the itch to see how it turns out. I rolled the dice picking a taxidermist, having never needed one before. I went with Deershorn Taxidermy in Lancaster. Seems like a great guy, very personable, and is an avid bow hunter as well. Fingers crossed.

15-Feb-18
thats a itch i want to have

15-Feb-18
It is so hard being patient with waiting for mounts... I didn't shoot one to mount this year. I just did a Euro which my buddy got back to me in about a month. I shot my deer last year Mid October and got it back in September and I was one of the first ones... it's crazy. I did bring him a couple old mounts last month for refurbishing and I got them back in about a month and they look like new. It will be well worth the wait when it is done!

15-Feb-18
I know it's a long process. After 20 years of hunting before finally getting a wall hanger, my patience could use some work.

I will probably email him next month to see the progress. I will be living in Georgia by July, so it needs to be done before then.

• Sitka Gear