GVS 18-Feb-18
casekiska 18-Feb-18
CBergeman 18-Feb-18
GVS 18-Feb-18
ground hunter 18-Feb-18
Live2hunt 19-Feb-18
bfisherman11 19-Feb-18
15-Feb-18
Mike Mitton will be the keynote speaker at the Wisconsin Traditional Archers banquet Saturday Feb. 17 at the Holiday Inn in Stevens Point. Mike will also do a seminar on hunting Africa at 11:00 AM.

This is way more than just a banquet. It is more like a traditional archery expo. Many raffles to win. Silent auction as well as a live auction. Shooting area. youth bows on hand so bring the kids. Many vendors.

Come on out for the day. No charge for the vendor hall.

More info at: http://wistradarchers.com/banquet.htm

15-Feb-18
Awesome! I wish that I could attend. I really enjoyed his books and videos.

15-Feb-18
Boy, I want to go to this, but I want to go ice fishing also!!!

15-Feb-18
I have read his book and it's awesome! I bet he puts on a good seminar.

15-Feb-18
It's Mike Mitten I believe and yes he does a nice job with speaking but not his passion. His passion is that of a solo bowhunter. The animals he has taken are amazing. If you do get a chance to talk to him, ask about his friend being gored by a moose in AK and not coming back to camp. He just did an Africa hunt too I believe. Google his name and look at the pictures. All with the recurve and he is a very humble man.

15-Feb-18
Class Act,,,,, shot with him once ,,, that guy is deadly with that Blacktail,,,,, he is a big guy wish I could go.....

18-Feb-18
We just got home from the festivities. WOW!! What a weekend. The vendor hall was busy all day long. So many just came out for the day, played the raffles, test drove bows, and spread a lot of bs. We sat down 192 for the actual banquet. I would bet there was at least twice that many in the vendor hall during the day.

Mike's seminar and evening address was very entertaining and loaded with information for anyone interested in hunting Africa or going solo.

I would like to give Mike a big THANK YOU for coming out and selflessly sharing his time and knowledge throughout the weekend.

18-Feb-18
I was at the WTA convention this weekend, the vendor hall event only. This was not the first time I have done that, stayed only for the day. However, I do want to comment on what I saw of the people there.

First of all, they are all bowhunters, that puts them on the right page in my book. Then secondly, I am continually impressed by the overall quality of the people in the WTA and the folks visiting the vendor displays. I did speak to a number of WTA officers and directors and without exception each presented themselves in a friendly manner and as a professional. The vendors I spoke to and the folks visiting the show I encountered seemed to all be knowledgeable bowhunters willing to engage even a stranger. The WTA and the sort of people attracted to it all seem to be friendly and accepting.

If you are ever looking for a group of bowhunters to get to know and associate with, you could do no better than to join the WTA. I, and some friends of mine, own and use both traditional equipment and hi-tech tackle. Just because you may shoot both types does not mean you cannot join the WTA. I encourage all to consider joining the WTA, you will be welcome. This past weekend I signed up for another three years.

18-Feb-18
Another great banquet. Jerry and crew did another great job. A good time in the vendor hall, raffles, etc. Enjoyed listening to Mike's presentation after dinner.

18-Feb-18
I have pictures posted on the Leather Wall thread if you are interested.

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/tf/lw/thread2.cfm?forum=23&threadid=295932&messages=24&CATEGORY=9

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I am glad you came out and enjoyed yourself. I have to concur with you that the WTA is made up of so many nice people. As I tell people, it is like going to a wedding, except you like everyone there.

We have a number members that bring their stickbows out to play at the shoots but then use a compound in the woods. I have never heard a negative word about that, only encouragement.

18-Feb-18
I agree with the above posts,,,, and if you guys want to read a quality magazine, regardless of what you shoot, read Traditional Bowhunter Magazine,,,, I say this because of our own, "Bowmania", has a great article on his Colorado Elk hunt,,,,,,

I know we have some passionate and good elk hunters on this site, I can assure you, Todd is top notch,,,,, you want to learn about elk, he is the guy,,,,,, shot that big boy with a long bow,,,,,

anyway, he will never toot his own horn, but Wis is lucky to have a bowhunter like him, the guy is a class act

19-Feb-18
I was at the banquet Sat. also. I got there about 10:30 and went directly to the shooting area to start looking at and shooting bows. What a great group of people at this event, I'm glad I went. I am now tossed on either a recurve or a long bow for my next bow however. I was set on the recurve until I shot a couple of the New Wood long bow, what a sweet shooting bow. I am still leaning toward a recurve though. I liked a RER takedown that another was shooting, and even shot it. But, he bought it for an elk hunt this fall. I will be back again. I wish I could have meet some of you that were there.

19-Feb-18
WTA did a great job yet again. Fun was had by all and it was great to see so many friends. My membership in the WTA is one of the best investments I think I have ever made. What a bargain!

Bill

• Sitka Gear