yooper89 17-Feb-18
JohnMC 17-Feb-18
8pointer 17-Feb-18
Surfbow 17-Feb-18
tramper 17-Feb-18
jlmatthew 19-Feb-18
15-Feb-18

Grasshopper's Link
Saw this posted online, if your looking for work in conservation - here is chance.

Not really looking for debate, or comments about the org - but rather letting folks know about a job opening, working with hunters and anglers, that might be better than sitting at a desk all day.

15-Feb-18
Hell, I'm gonna give it a shot! Getting a little tired of the frequent unplanned travel (for up to months at a time) and 80+ hour weeks when I'm on the road are starting to wear on a guy. Especially with a 10 month old and lovely lady at home having to wait on me when I'm gone.

15-Feb-18
Good luck!

15-Feb-18

JohnMC's Link
Just so you know what you are getting into...

15-Feb-18
My intent was not promote a discussion about politics, shame on me for not hitting debate free.

I worked for HP for 15 years until they shipped my job overseas. I can't recall any job I have ever held where I agreed with my bosses decisions all of the time, we all work to provide. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever been to a sportsmans meeting where I 100% agreed with anyone all of the time either.

15-Feb-18
Best I can tell if you took a job with BHA and you are a conservative there would not be much to agree with much less anything approaching 100%. Don't take my word for it. Take a look at their board of directors pedigrees. Then look where they get their money. From all indications they are a wolf in sheep clothing.

I am not trying to talking anyone out of applying or joining. Just don't want someone to be fooled by BHA's clever marketing.

15-Feb-18
Yooper, talk to some other state coordinators about their experiences. Your description of your current job may be very close to the requirements of this one.

17-Feb-18
JohnMC, I fall more on the conservative side of the aisle and I am happy to associate with BHA folks, as do people like Randy Newberg (Big Fin on here) and Steve Rinella. I have a good friend who does freelance work for them, who is also not a liberal. This could be a good job opportunity for someone, don't grind your axe on this thread.

17-Feb-18
I know enough about Randy Newberg to know he is no conservative. Instead of pointing out a few people that are associate with BHA that on the surface looks like someone that should have similar values as you. Follow the money and look at where their board of directors came from. At the end of the day if you support BHA most of your hard earned money and time you put into it is going to help elect liberal politicians that happen to support keeping federal land controlled by the federal government because those politicians wants EVERYTHING controlled by the federal government. That is the BHA scheme. That is not a axe to grind. That my I don’t have a dog in this fight but did my open minded homework of this group opinion.

17-Feb-18
What is wrong with keeping federal land federal? You do know what will happen once the land is turned over to the state, it will be sold off to the uber rich and your access is gone. It has been talked about and beaten on here many times before. Examples of this happening were discussed, in Utah, and Nevada come to mind and more.

17-Feb-18

17-Feb-18
+1 PECO. Sorry JohnMC, I'd prefer to keep lands under management that allow me to hunt them.

17-Feb-18
You are missing the point. Yooper that is like being anti-abortion but saying I support planned parenthood because they are doing cancer screenings and my grandmother died of cancer. All the while ignoring that they preform more abortions than any other organization in the country.

You have their chairman that before BHA worked to get Jon Tester elected as liberal democratic senator. If you are a single issue vote and all you care about is having the feds control land by all means support BHA. (Personally I don’t know if state would do better or worse but in most cases the feds F up most anything they touch, then the same could be said for state government.) But if you care about issue such as tax cuts, Supreme Court judges such as Neil Gorsuch, stopping late term abortion, all issues Ryan Busse the chairman of BHA work to get Jon Tester elected so that he could vote against. Then think twice. If you want to spend the time you can do th same with other in leadership and certainly with those that are funding BHA.

Yooper all I am saying is before you leave a decent job you are supporting you family with, make sure to dig below the surface. If you are left of center you should fit right in. But if not look beyond the one issue they wave in front of your face - look behind the curtain is all I am saying.

17-Feb-18
That description looks great but they forgot a few qualifications. You must be a liberal, a Democrat, love Hillary Clinton, and think wolves in Colorado is a great thing. Yes you read that correctly they love their Wolves at backcountry. You must also support gun control.

John MC and I have exposed this organization many times on bowsite. Not going to sit here and waste my time adding any more to this thread. Do the research.

17-Feb-18
"Not going to sit here and waste my time adding any more to this thread."

Good, the OP respectfully asked that it not become a debate...If you guys want to start a new thread to discuss the merits of BHA, or who better to support, we can all have that talk over there.

17-Feb-18
Go for it, yooper89. Good luck.

19-Feb-18
John MC couldn't agree more with you!

• Sitka Gear