WausauDug 16-Feb-18
Mike F 16-Feb-18
Konk1 16-Feb-18
luckychucky 16-Feb-18
budbow 17-Feb-18
budbow 17-Feb-18
Reggiezpop 18-Feb-18
15-Feb-18
I’m in need of a new safety harness. My old gorilla vest was made in April of ‘03. I think I’m over due for a replacement. Which one would you recommend I buy? I’m looking for a light weight vest style one. I plan on wearing it over my stuff early fall and under my heavy coat in colder weather.

15-Feb-18
Tree Spider,,,, like mine, super light and works well and is made well

16-Feb-18
I have a Muddy and really like mine. I do exactly that, wear on the outside early season and under my coat later on. If you live close to Cabelas in Richfield, I would encourage you to go there, they have 8-9 brands out of the package that you can try on.

16-Feb-18
The Gorillas are also nice, and just as light,,,,, Wal Mart had them on clearance for 25.00

16-Feb-18
I used a friends Muddy and liked it so much that I went out and bought my own. Wore it bow hunting and with the rifle. Was able to move and do everything I wanted. I am sure there are other brands just as nice tho.

16-Feb-18
good call Trapper, be sure to try on what your gonna buy

16-Feb-18
I have Muddy, Gorilla's and Tree Spider Micro. I like them all. Make sure to get one with a lineman's belt so you can strap yourself in and use both hands when setting stands.

Be sure to check the date on the strap before you buy them. I was in one store - not naming names- and they were 2 years past the date stamp on the strap.

16-Feb-18
Before you buy one, I would recommend trying them on first. They all serve the same purpose, but they all fit different too. Some have a heavy yoke where the shoulder straps separate in the back and are bulky there (to me anyway). I am still searching to find one as comfortable as my old Summit Seat O Pants harness.

16-Feb-18
Get a Summit . Much the same but improved on the SOP

17-Feb-18
I’m gonna need one with a really long lineman’s belt. I have a few old oak trees that have lock on stands in. Want something that will fit around trunk when hanging and climbing up and down. I’ve used screw in tree steps for the past decade, they are getting thrown in the garbage and replaced with climbing sticks for safety. I will have to try some different harnesses on. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

17-Feb-18
I’m gonna need one with a really long lineman’s belt. I have a few old oak trees that have lock on stands in. Want something that will fit around trunk when hanging and climbing up and down. I’ve used screw in tree steps for the past decade, they are getting thrown in the garbage and replaced with climbing sticks for safety. I will have to try some different harnesses on. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

18-Feb-18
Budbow- go for the harness that feels the best. You can make a linemans belt to fit any harness. Be aware of metal on metal buckles and clasps. They always find a way to make noise. Check out DIY Sportsman on YouTube. That guy is the MacGyver of the outdoor world. He shows how to make a belt.

• Sitka Gear