Scar Finga 16-Feb-18
StickFlicker 16-Feb-18
Wes 16-Feb-18
dirtclod Az. 05-Mar-18
Aer0hero17 02-Dec-18
Aer0hero17 02-Dec-18
larv 06-Dec-18
15-Feb-18
Hello everyone. New to this forum and hoping for a little info. I live in Wisconsin and will be travelling to the Clifton area in January 2019 for 2 weeks. I will be purchasing an otc deer liscence and hoping to draw a javelina tag for unit 27 or 28. Are my chances good for getting a javelina tag? Were there any left over tags in these areas last year? Also, does this area offer decent hunting for deer and javelina? Dont need a trophy, just would like to get into some animals and get out of the cold Wisconsin winter for a while. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

16-Feb-18
Unit 28 had leftover archery tags for the hunt in the month of January. Unit 27 had leftover HAM tags, which means you can use a bow but the season is near Valentines Day and not in January when the archery deer OTC hunts are. You would still probably have a very good chance of getting a Unit 27 archery tag, if you preferred, just not guaranteed like the 28 tag would likely be. Someone else may know more about the actual hunting in these areas than me. Unit 27 covers a lot of different elevations, so you can hunt from desert to forest. Good luck!

16-Feb-18
Thanks for the info. I think I might apply for 27 and then buy a left over tag for 28. With any luck I will end up with 2 tags. Does sound like a good strategy or is it possible I end up with nothing?

16-Feb-18
I say go for it, at least you will be out hunting, have different options and have a blast doing it! It's always possible to end up with nothing... Good Luck!

16-Feb-18
There's a good chance that your strategy will work fine, but like Scar said you never know. Also, not to make any assumptions, but you probably know that our archery seasons require a hand-held bow. I know from friends in your state that in the last few years Wisconsin has allowed crossbows in archery seasons, and that has caused 60% of former bowhunters in your state to become crossbow hunters. I'm sure you're aware, but since the majority of "bowhunters" in your state are now using crossbows I just wanted to make sure you're aware that our G&F Dept. doesn't consider them bows.

16-Feb-18
No crossbow for me. I am 50 years old and my bow arm has an artificial shoulder but I just cant get on board with the crossbow thing. I have worked very hard to be able to keep shooting my verticle bow. Thanks for the info guys. It is greatly appreciated.

05-Mar-18
Put in for tags in 27,/28 If not successful,plenty of leftover tags available. Over 2000 H.A.M. tags in 2018'...Deer tags .OTC plenty of opportunities!

02-Dec-18
Wes. I lived there for 18 yrs. You'll have ample opportunities for whitetail north of Morenci and in the flats and black hills south of Clifton. If your looking for the hard terrain.. check out the mule creek area down to 3 way. Good luck. Lots of wall hangers in those mts.

02-Dec-18
Wes. I lived there for 18 yrs. You'll have ample opportunities for whitetail north of Morenci and in the flats and black hills south of Clifton. If your looking for the hard terrain.. check out the mule creek area down to 3 way. Good luck. Lots of wall hangers in those mts.

06-Dec-18
I drew 20b for archery javelina. Has anyone hunted that unit? I plan to camp west side of Lake Pleasant. Thx in advance!

Larv

• Sitka Gear