huntskifishcook 17-Feb-18
huntskifishcook 17-Feb-18
hunterma 18-Feb-18
xi 18-Feb-18
GED 19-Feb-18
Let's Go 19-Feb-18
huntskifishcook 19-Feb-18
17-Feb-18
I remember some people mentioning that the online Idaho bowhunting safety course is reciprocal anywhere in the U.S. My buddy just finished the course and I'm hoping I gave him correct information. Can any of you guys verify that this is true?

17-Feb-18
Finally found the link again stating it is reciprocal throughout the United States for anyone's future reference.

18-Feb-18
Taken directly from the Idaho site:

Is my Idaho Bowhunter Education Certificate accepted elsewhere?

All U.S. states, provinces, and countries that have mandatory bowhunter education requirements will accept the Idaho Idaho Bowhunter Education Certificate. Likewise, Idaho will accept Bowhunter Education certifications that are issued by other jurisdictions that meet official IHEA-USA requirements. (This is known as “reciprocity.”)

18-Feb-18
Last I knew the only one excepted both nationally and internationally is the IBEP(International Bowhunter Education Program) I would make sure if your doing a special non residents hunt somewhere. I would call that state specifically and get a confirmation in writing that that online class will be accepted.

19-Feb-18
All IHEA classes are reciprocal

19-Feb-18
Hi all, I just looked at the Idaho website. It sounds like a good deal however how do you complete the 1 day field day to complete the course? Let's Go

19-Feb-18
Thanks for the info guys. I was finally able to find the info shortly after I posted this. Let's Go, the way I read it you only have to go to the one day field day if you are getting your general hunter safety certification, which includes gun and bow. If it's bow only certification you don't need the field day with the Idaho certification. My buddy's schedule is real wonky so this worked well for him.

• Sitka Gear