SuperPredator 20-Feb-18
swampokie 20-Feb-18
Orion 21-Feb-18
Vids 22-Feb-18
Orion 22-Feb-18
Glunt@work 22-Feb-18
kscowboy 22-Feb-18
18-Feb-18
Am I understanding the new regs correctly in that you no longer need to front the cost of the tag to apply for a preference point? Even for sheep, goat, and moose?

18-Feb-18
Yep

18-Feb-18
Point creep will progress to point trot.

18-Feb-18
I think point creep will progress directly to to full steam ahead.

18-Feb-18
Sadly, you guys are spot on. Thanks for the conformation.

18-Feb-18
though you are correct for all us hunters, but creating less costs to the DOW is more than likely the reason. They don't have to refund this money, therefore less overhead.

18-Feb-18
its too bad my 11 points for the big 3 will be worthless in 3 years when all those newbies hit the bonus point threshold. Nice little slap in the face for being fiscally respondsible. They should havedone something for us- Squared the points or something

19-Feb-18
Even the residents will get screwed with the no front tag money. If I don't draw my sheep tag in the next 3 years I believe there will be no chance as there will be a huge influx of people in the pool in 3 years.

19-Feb-18
The paper regs just showed up. I was counting on doing paper app as a backup this year, in case the ILS problems persisted. No such luck - "WHATS NEW: 2018" - "All Apps, for all species, must now be completed online... or by phone." "PAPER APPS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE". What terrible timing. Our ONLY options are to hope the new system works, or hope they staff up the phone lines. Best of luck to us all...

20-Feb-18
Sad day. Hunter in Colorado will forever be screwed by this new rule.

20-Feb-18
Wish I had known this was coming I would have built up my Goat and Moose points. So I'll be one of those in 4 years dropping back into the game. It's been long enough since my goat hunt (2005) that apparently forgot how miserable goat hunting is and dumb enough to go again.

20-Feb-18
you and thousands of others and their kids and their wifes now that it cost nothing to apply. Like I said in 3 years the pool will be so convoluted that most low point holders will draw all the tags since they will be a majority of the applicants, thus giving them greater odds of generating the lowest random number.

20-Feb-18
I bet it has little to no effect on the otc tags.

21-Feb-18
Its not supposed to

22-Feb-18
My guess is we'll see a bigger increase in NR applicants for sheep/goat than we will for residents. Over $2k is a steep fee to have to pay up front and likely kept people from applying.

If you're a resident and a serious enough hunter to want to chase those species then $250 probably wasn't going to keep you from applying in the first place.

Or at least I hope this is the case.....

22-Feb-18
Your right most serious guys were already putting in. Now though how many guys will throw all their kids and wives in now that it cost nothing. I mean a family of 4 went from 3,000 for the big 3 to 36 dollars.

22-Feb-18
I am positive it will effect resident creep noticeably. I know some avid resident hunters who skip a year here and there due to cost and plenty of more casual hunters who skip completely due to cost.

22-Feb-18
When I was about to relocate to CO, I bit the bullet and got points/applied for all species as a NR. I think it was around $7,500. That's a lot of money to a 31 year old. Now, it's going to be like UT and everyone will be taking advantage of this new system. Wishedhead, I totally agree with you. My father has max points for sheep as a NR and watch, in 2021, it'll be the 3+0 guys drawing all the tags.

• Sitka Gear