Drop Tine 13-Apr-18
Drop Tine 13-Apr-18
MF 13-Apr-18
smokey 13-Apr-18
Drop Tine 13-Apr-18
21-Feb-18
You first!

21-Feb-18
Was that picture taken as you found it and before you picked it up?

21-Feb-18

Drop Tine's embedded Photo

21-Feb-18
This years? Good spot for next year.

21-Feb-18
Drop tine - that was funny as hell. LMAO!

21-Feb-18
Freddie where abouts in pierce are you

21-Feb-18

awh302's embedded Photo
awh302's embedded Photo
A quick walk and I came across this nice one. He'll be a stud next year. Found in Northern Illinois. I saw one that was still holding, a small fork horn.

21-Feb-18
Nice finds guys. Freddie you probably aren't far from me.

21-Feb-18
I'm in Beldenville as well

21-Feb-18
Chief2 for some reason I thought you were closer to Prescott. Small world, cool.

22-Feb-18
Drop tine beat me too it :-(

22-Feb-18
Its pretty close... My wife's family lives in prescott its only half hour

22-Feb-18
Yours might be better Smokey. Mine has been chewed on some.

24-Feb-18
60% still holding in our area. Not much snow but alot of ice.

24-Feb-18
Chill fast Freddie. Pretty opinionated for a new guy...or are you? They're just having a little fun.

24-Feb-18
Fast Freddie. Perhaps you should get to know the guys here before you start throwing insults. But like was mentioned, maybe you do know them.

24-Feb-18
It's deer sheds.....it's not that serious. Jokes are fun and hunting for sheds are fun....why not do both.

24-Feb-18
Fast Freddie, I think you lost allot of respect right off the get go with the "When to start bear bait" thread with your written insult "75% are unemployed and will bait for beer or gas".

24-Feb-18
Man I hope your not really in pierce... (Not you rut)

25-Feb-18

25-Feb-18
"Was just trying to start a post on deer sheds and it was treated like a joke."

If you are that thin skinned. it's probably best to take your crossbow and move on.

25-Feb-18
Don't feel bad FF....they did the same thing when I started a shed thread last year. It's just dumb humor (honestly didn't think it was funny either) take some comments with a grain a salt. Most guys on here are great and alot of knowledge!

I just went for a 5 mile search on Thursday but didn't find any. I won't be deterred, hope to walk at least 60 miles this year looking for them. I will post when/if I find some!

25-Feb-18
I'm thinking ff is a teenager posting on his parents computer. Triax or Triad, think or thank, flap or flab? Lol

25-Feb-18

25-Feb-18
Since when did guys get so sensitive?

Heck.....I cried at the end of "Where the Red Fern Grows" but I don't even get this bent out of shape over some dumb jokes.

Have fun fellas

25-Feb-18
Just remember this for the fall rut reports guys. If anyone tells us the road to camp was bumpy.... somebody is gonna get pretty butthurt about it

26-Feb-18
Here's the deal FF. In one of your first posts on this forum you were judging and insulting people. The guys on this thread were just joking around, it was good natured. If you are of the sort that gets offended by everything. This may not be the forum for you.

26-Feb-18

Strapped's embedded Photo
Strapped's embedded Photo
Walked our property yesterday and didn't find any sheds, did find a dead head.

26-Feb-18
Any clue as to cause of death?

26-Feb-18
Tweed, the remains were pretty much picked through and scattered. No road real close and I didn't notice anything else to hint the cause of death.

26-Feb-18
"Any clue as to cause of death?"

Pretty sure it was that fierce beast in the pic that did it;)

27-Feb-18

Jeffd's embedded Photo
Jeffd's embedded Photo
This photo was taken yesterday. Still has both sides. This buck likely lives a pretty stress free life though...

27-Feb-18

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo

27-Feb-18
FF is FIP, back for round 7. Some people don’t comprehend how “unique” their writing “style” is. You can call yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but we know who you are!

27-Feb-18
Great one Hoot!!!

28-Feb-18
I thought the Shed pic was hilarious myself, people need to lighten up, this world is really getting F'd up on being too serious all the time.

28-Feb-18
Agree! Life is boring without some humor in it. People are getting too sensetive these days.

01-Mar-18

albino's embedded Photo
albino's embedded Photo
I only found one but it was pretty big. Please don't call me names. I bruise easy.

01-Mar-18
Albino - some will tell you he's gonna need another year!

02-Mar-18

PSEUSER's embedded Photo
My yelllow lab found his first shed the other day. He was just out for a daily walk with my and came running back with this antler in his mouth. Pretty proud of him!
PSEUSER's embedded Photo
My yelllow lab found his first shed the other day. He was just out for a daily walk with my and came running back with this antler in his mouth. Pretty proud of him!

02-Mar-18
Here is my shed and dog training story,,,,,, I had a springer named Rocky, who I thought I trained well for finding sheds (terrific bird dog).... anyway day after day, no sheds, and one day, he comes back to the house with one shed..... I make a big fuss over him, and give him a treat, he is so proud..............

Neighbor drives by, and yells, "did rocky get back home"?,,,,,,, he came running into my barn, for his daily cookie, but this time, he went over to my shed pile, and took one back with him,,,,,,

he never did find a wild shed in his life

02-Mar-18
PSEuser, that is a great find. I hope to have a new lab in the next year or so to train for sheds.

Looks like we may have chased the troll back under the bridge. I haven't seen sign of him since we were all so "mean".

02-Mar-18
Rut- Trapper has an amazing black lab that's due to give birth tomorrow. You may want to check if he has some not spoken for yet.

19-Mar-18

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
I found this one yesterday. What do you think this buck will be next year, maybe a big 10 pointer like the one in Albino's picture above? ;-) Figured I had to post the pic because I am currently in 4th place of those posted. Kidding aside, in each of the previous two years I found one side of a shed within about 20 yards of where this one was. Believe it or not, those two were even bigger than this one.

19-Mar-18

Grunter's embedded Photo
Grunter's embedded Photo
Been doing alot of searching. Mostly on public and let me tell you, it is tough. I've been where not many people would walk. Still haven't found one on public.

This was on private and my 1st one of the year finally! It was on my 41st mile. It's been kinda disappointing considering how much area I've covered. I've been in some good areas too. It is from last year and was kinda pressed into the ground. Lucky to even see it

19-Mar-18

awh302's embedded Photo
awh302's embedded Photo
Another one from Northern Illinois. I'll think I have one more walk left in me, maybe tomorrow.

19-Mar-18
Come on Jeff this a serious thread man. Now FF's Mom is going to have to microwave him the special dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets to coax him out of his funk.

19-Mar-18
????????????

19-Mar-18
Hahahaha too funny Rut!

19-Mar-18
Sure, I had to shake the bushes and now I am in 6th place. Come on, someone please post a smaller one so I don't end up in last place through April.

By the way, that Mt Dew can is one of those new 2 quart cans. You may not have seen them in stores yet. Besides, anyone can find monster buck sheds, they are easy to spot. Finding ones like mine take real skill.

Rut, I am serious. That remark must have been pointed at other posters.

19-Mar-18

ELK ELSEWHERE's embedded Photo
This one is no joke, found a few years ago but worth sharing here to make Jeff feel better. Thought it was a mushroom at first because it was upside down when I found it. My personal smallest ever.

Anyone found any smaller than this?

19-Mar-18
Elk, thank you for having a shed smaller than mine even if it does not officially qualify for this years finds. I feel way better. I doubt anyone could ever find a smaller one than yours.

20-Mar-18
Elk- that is awesome! That's more rare than a giant one. That might be my favorite shed I've seen yet

23-Mar-18

awh302's embedded Photo
awh302's embedded Photo

23-Mar-18
What happened here? I didn't start this thread but it shows my response as first post?

23-Mar-18
I think it means FF got teased too much and he is gone

23-Mar-18
Ya I don't see his posts anymore!

23-Mar-18
"Ya I don't see his posts anymore!"

Boy that's too bad. Please note heavy sarcasm;)

23-Mar-18

albino's embedded Photo
albino's embedded Photo
Elk, that is a fantastic find. I have looked for a nubbin shed for 40 years & never found one. I figured they have to lose them but the squirrels must be chewing them off when the deer is sleeping. I did find one side of a spike once & that one I felt something under my foot & I was standing on it. I have one side of fork horn that was about as high as his ears on my desk. He used to turn up under just about every tree I sat in that year. We were almost on a first name basis. I have found 6 this year but can't walk like I used to. 5 were small. I always try to take an as is pic now that the cell phones have good cameras. I'll post a pic of one I found where the freeze & thaw was running. It was almost under water & froze in. I wasn't leaving without it. They are like magic at any size.

24-Mar-18

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Antler Queen

24-Mar-18
That's pretty cool TH. Great to see you back here as well.

24-Mar-18
Very Nice. Fresh & no chewing.

26-Mar-18

Kingston's embedded Photo
Kingston's embedded Photo
Had some luck Saturday!

26-Mar-18
Who was the lucky finder, or was it one each?

27-Mar-18
The Big boy found them...little sissy is a work in progress!

27-Mar-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
The last litter I had them working Bone before I sent them home.
Trapper's embedded Photo
The last litter I had them working Bone before I sent them home.
Rut, seeing that Northbound threw a plug in for me. May 3rd pickup.

28-Mar-18
Trapper just got back from central Iowa,,,, this is an area, it takes less than 3 years to draw, if you saw what we found for sheds, you would fall over,,,,, I can just imagine what your dogs would do, down there.....................

I need to learn how to post pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, one thing for sure, did not expect all the snow last Saturday, got buried,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

28-Mar-18
"Rut, seeing that Northbound threw a plug in for me. May 3rd pickup."

I would love to, but can't now. Too much going on for a puppy and I will not just crate them like I see some people do. I will be ready at this time next year, so if you want to go ahead and put my order in;)

13-Apr-18

Not how you like to find them. Found it about an hour ago. Bright side, I do have a new set of rattling horns now. This buck had a magnum body. Such a waste.

13-Apr-18
Drop tine, where was this at? I'm surprised he's not eaten on.

13-Apr-18
DT...that sucks

13-Apr-18
My land north of Merrill on Hwy. 17

13-Apr-18
Bummer. He would have been a brute this year.

13-Apr-18
Drop, What is the law regards collecting that buck?

13-Apr-18
Being this one still has hair on it I need a tag to collect the horns and the warden is stopping by tonight. If it was a bare skull it sounds like you can just pick them up like a shed and no tag required.

13-Apr-18
Cause of death?

13-Apr-18
I believe it was hit by a auto and made its way onto the land. Skull plate was broke on one side.

13-Apr-18

I’m pretty sure this was him back in December.

13-Apr-18
Salvage tag cost me $11.00 for the horns.

13-Apr-18
I wonder how the DNR come up with a price, mine was $10 for a 160 class buck

13-Apr-18
Droptine, he is just taking a nap. Seriously though, that is a bummer.

13-Apr-18
MF I’m not sure, He showed me the chart and I think it was 10.52 for the tag and with tax it was 11.00 even.

• Sitka Gear