skookumjt 21-Feb-18
DoorKnob 21-Feb-18
skookumjt 21-Feb-18
ground hunter 21-Feb-18
RUGER1022 21-Feb-18
skookumjt 21-Feb-18
21-Feb-18

Drop Tine's Link
Kevin Wallenfang just sent out an email that the deer metrics page should be fully updated by March 1st. Provided a link for those not aware of it. It also covers the various tribal lands.

21-Feb-18
To what extent are the tribal lands open to others?

21-Feb-18
Same as any property. For the most part the tribal lands (USA trust typically) is reservation land and considered private. In some instances you can get permission to hunt. There are properties within the reservation that are open such as open MFL and FCL. Most of that is old paper company land.

From personal experience, be careful hunting within the reservation. In some places you won't be welcomed with open arms. The smashed vehicles, sliced tires, and burned cabins, chased me out of some great country back in the 90's.

21-Feb-18
Are the tribal lands generally considered to be over/under/stable deer populated?

21-Feb-18
There are tribal lands all over the state so I don't think there is any way to say. The metrics have the info for them however.

21-Feb-18
I can tell you only about the Bad River Reservation, since it is really the wildest area left in the state, miles wise, ,,,,,, lots of great bucks there,,,,,,,,

21-Feb-18
Sold lots of Dodge Trucks to tribal members . More than once I would open the door to look at their trade & see 100's of empty 22 mag & .223 shells on the floor . I asked 2 guys if they did a lot of target pratice ? They said ," Yea between 10 pm & 2 in the morning " . They were all smiling .

Several times I turned down invites to hunt & fish .

21-Feb-18
Bad River is where I left. Awesome hunting but not worth dying over or finding my truck on fire.

• Sitka Gear