Paul@thefort 22-Feb-18
Paul@thefort 22-Feb-18
Treeline 23-Feb-18
Paul@thefort 24-Feb-18
cnelk 24-Feb-18
cnelk 24-Feb-18
Paul@thefort 24-Feb-18
22-Feb-18
The Fort Collins Arctic 3-D Shoot is this Saturday, February 24th at the Fort Collins outdoor range just south of Prospect I-25 exit on the west frontage road. Cost is $10 (cash or check only, no credit cards) for shooters over 16, which includes a chili lunch. We'll put out 20 targets with some "winter" props to make it interesting.

Registration is at the clubhouse from 9:00-9:45, with a shotgun start at 10:00. Don't need to be an FCAA member to shoot, just show up. Lunch will be ready at the clubhouse following the shoot. There is no cash payback, just bragging rights in each division - compound, traditional, women's, youth.

Anyone interested in helping set up should arrive by 8:00. We could also use some help picking up targets. Come join us for a fun morning. Only about 3" of snow on the ground but looks like we'll have some chilly temps to make this a true "arctic shoot" this year. See you there!

22-Feb-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Im thinking about going.... :)

22-Feb-18
cnelk, you just need to "lead" the targets a little, or adjust the windage on the moveable sight!

22-Feb-18
Jeez! That almost looks like a forecast for Wyoming! Ya'll might have to shoot moving targets as they blow past:)

22-Feb-18
I believe Lou is willing to following anyone in need around with a large umbrella to block wind if needed so don't let the 40 MPH gust scare you away. Besides they are only occasionally.

I could be mistaking so confirm with Lou ahead of time. :)

22-Feb-18
Dang. Out of the country this week on vacation. Wish I could've made it.

22-Feb-18
I and my large umbrella are for rent on a target-by-target basis. I'll accept cash, check, or beer..

22-Feb-18
I am going to Man Up for the occasion; Wool undies are in order. But what happens at the range, stays at the range.

22-Feb-18
Updated weather report for Saturday. Partly cloudy, Windy, Highs 27-33, NW winds 20-30 mph, with gusts to around 45 mph

23-Feb-18
Heck, ran the wind chill calculator at 30oF and 30mph and it came out at 14.9oF!

Downright balmy!

Have been getting texts from a buddy up chasing the big white bears and it's down around -35C (no need to convert at -40!). Gonna be tough to get stripped down and make a good shot with his bow! Haven't heard from him in a few days... Hoping he isn't bear poop on the ice!

24-Feb-18
Hell, sun is out, I am going this morning for sure.

24-Feb-18
See you there Paul

24-Feb-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Good times

24-Feb-18
Hey Brad, we did good on the 100 yard shot. Paul

• Sitka Gear