mboudreau 24-Feb-18
peterk1234 24-Feb-18
brothersHS 24-Feb-18
Will 24-Feb-18
TT-Pi 25-Feb-18
Fatkid1979 27-Feb-18
mboudreau 27-Feb-18
24-Feb-18
FBI finally admits they new all about school shooters mental health, gun ownership, multiple direct threats to school, and they were too worried about elections to be bother. What a POS agency. Trump should shut them down, and the local PD as well....

24-Feb-18
There is no honor and the desire to do right anymore. It all comes down looking out for a small handful of crooked politicians and keeping them in place at all costs. You know, for the greater good.

It is too bad that the swamp cannot be truly drained.

24-Feb-18
4 Browsed county sheriff's were out side of the building and never entered. They literraly sat outside and let it happen. Another town's cops rushed in when they arrived. They have to keep the conversation on taking guns, otherwise they lose their entire talking point- "you don't need guns when the police will protect you"

24-Feb-18
At the same time call after call hit the local police, FBI blew it, so did the locals. Shut them down? Just let the state PD run things? Clearly, logistical interactions between individuals within and through out multiple agencies crashed on this. big time.

My sense (for what it's worth) is not in the arena of conspiracy. It's a lot simpler. With the number of moving parts and urgent present threats, things can get entirely off track before anyone even realizes it. Sure seems to be the case here at every level.

25-Feb-18
The last administration and its far left program got in the way of the system working as it should. It has been proven to be the wrong approach on several levels. We became a " Sanctuary Country".

There are more than a few people ( who are qualified / High ranking X-military / first responders ) that have been trying to sound the alarm on this and have proposed the current list of solutions but they were shut down . I am sure they were only a few of the many individuals who have been saying the same things.

It comes down to the leader/s of our country making solutions a priority. Those solutions are not new news. The system breaks down when the players don't get the green light to do their jobs. From the boarder to Benghazi , Sanctuary Cities , Riots , anti -police marches , Racial inflaming , free speech crushing, God bashing , mental health ignorance and even economic concerns ... On and on down the party line . The end results being greater Social Chaos and a breakdown of order and respect for proactive command. That has a negative effect on everyone , especially the predisposed as in this case.

It has been said that these " responders" held back like spectators ... that is the expectations (learned and assumed ) by the last cultural leader . BHO. and we would have had more of that from his sister Hillary R. C. Its what they practice . Ask Jim Comey or Susan Rice , Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch , Ask the thugs who commit crimes and our X- President if " That could be him " ... And so on ... The talk is cheep and smooth , sounds good at first ... But that's all it was ! Talk .

IE: When background checks are cut off from mental health records ( violence issues ) there is little chance at that level . And so on down the list. They ( the last administration) could have helped but I don't think they wanted to. Too busy with other priorities...

27-Feb-18
FBI screws up again. Same tired talks about gun control that doesn't work. I love my guns, but I do think something needs to be done. I don't want the same tired ass thinking. I want something new. Something outside the box. We need federally controlled firearms licensing. We need mandatory training, background checks, fix the NCIS at the federal level, make it that you need your license for 5 years before you are allowed to buy a high cap firearm, you need to be 21 or older to get licensed, 1 license covers all of USA, and if a law enforcement agency drops the ball like the FBI has so many times, they need to be held accountable with jail time as if they aided and abedded. This need to be the case across all of America. Not restrictions a piece of plastic, or saying no one can one specific guns ever. I know my ideas aren't perfect, but the current system is so screwed up and nothing is working as it stands now, so my ideas sound pretty good to me. As for schools, teachers are just not a good source to utilize by arming them with any firearms. Give them all the metal door lock the kid in Wisconsin invented. Plus buy all kids the $100 Kevlar backpack insert that only weighs 20 ounces. That way, if another nut job wants to attack our kids, they have a chance of getting out alive. Use the door lock on the door, better than a desk in front of the door. Pile the kids desks together and pile the backpacks in front of the desks. Now you have a locked door and a bulletproof bunker to hide behind. Gives them more time for trained professionals to arrive, not want to be tough guys that freeze when bullets fly. The media is picking on the president's statement that he would have gone into te building without a gun if need be. He has an 11 year old son, he would do it. I have an 8 year old son and 6 year old daughter, I'll breach those doors without a second of hesitation. It is easy to comment and tear people apart, but to take action when it hits the fan, that takes courage. When bullets fly and you stay in the fight, that takes courage. The kind of courage our trained men and women in our armed forces have every day. I'm sure there are plenty of retired military personnel that would be more than happy to patrol the schools as a public service for our most value people in the world, our children. Thank you for letting me run nuts with my post. May God bless everyone.

27-Feb-18
Fatkid agreed, There is no perfect answer in this imperfect world but certainly it can be improved upon. Getting bipartisan support on realistic federal gun laws that is palatable and effective to both sides at making a big dent in mentally disturbed young males playing "call of duty" at their local school is a tall order and probably wont happen in my lifetime but we can hope. If its not against the law in Florida for a gun owner to threaten murder on social media maybe that's a place to start...

• Sitka Gear