Belchertown Bowman 26-Feb-18
Proline 26-Feb-18
huntskifishcook 26-Feb-18
Belchertown Bowman 27-Feb-18
25-Feb-18

25-Feb-18

huntskifishcook's Link

26-Feb-18
Thanks - looking forward to reading this. Thermals are maddening :)

26-Feb-18
When he talks about carrying your scent down as "good" like over water,.. one would think you would want your scent to be carried up to the tree tops and away?

I mean unless your quary is uphill why not want the thermals to lift your scent up up and away? Specially if I am up 15 feet in a tree the last place I want my scent to go is down.

I would think a nice warming day is a great time to have your scent be carried up and away,.. a cooling night would drag it down to the forest floor where it will meander on the breezes.

26-Feb-18
I don't like to hunt low in the morning if near a big hill. Scent goes right up the hill when the air warms. Been picked off to many times. In the article he wants the morning wind to push the scent to the water where it will fall with the wind counteracting the thermal. Won't be any deer coming from the water:-)

26-Feb-18
Agreed about the hill in the morning Proline. I noticed that for the first time last season. I was hunting on top of a ridge for a morning hunt. Shortly after the sun rose I dropped a bunch of milk weed and it didn't matter which direction the wind came from, the deer were not going to smell me because the thermals were lifting everything straight up. That same spot is terrible for an afternoon hunt, because thermals drop all scent directly to the deer trails running along the side of the ridge.

27-Feb-18
Thanks,

I have been using the milk weed for the first time last year,.. love it. very informative.

• Sitka Gear