ground hunter 26-Feb-18
Tweed 26-Feb-18
SteveD 26-Feb-18
casekiska 26-Feb-18
ground hunter 26-Feb-18
Live2hunt 26-Feb-18
orionsbrother 26-Feb-18
25-Feb-18
After the long haul, got up to the UP, to pick up my new bow, and made arrows up for it, at the shop, while a fly tying class was going on, and the coffee was hot,,,, lots of fun...

I have shot quite a few long bows, but this is a winner, and a good buy for the money,,,,, For those who would like to try a long bow, I highly recommend this one....

It is a Big Rock Black hunter, reflex/deflex, 60 inches,,,,, not real fancy, but clean lines and smooth as silk, and quiet as death...... It has a 15 inch riser, and the recommended brace is 7 1/2 to 8, but I settled mine in at 7 1/8th. Bamboo core limbs with black glass overlay, and hard maple tips.......my draw length is 27, no hand shock or stacking

I fletched up, barred feathers at 5 1/2 inch, and put 100 grain inserts, in the Gold Tips 500 arrow,,,,, with a 125 grain Magnus 225 grain up front......

Shooting a suspended plastic golf ball, (my favorite practice target), nailed 5 straight times, at 20 yards in the shops, back shooting area..... At the cabin, it was flawless, at 25, and I will be able to extend my range with this one....... Sold 4 bows last year, too heavy for me to shoot, now, this one comes in at 41lbs at my draw

I am going pig hunting in about 3 weeks, we will put it to the test,,,,,, I like new bow reviews, if it was junk, I would tell you,,,,,

25-Feb-18
it also came with a Dyneema string, very durable, its a fast flight string, and shelf and side material and silencers, whiskers it weighs just over 2lbs, and is well balanced

I plan on ordering a side kick 4 arrow quiver for it tomorrow......

The fletching size is a personal choice, you could shoot a lot smaller fletch with it, if you would want, but my cut, stabilized the bh up front,,,,,,

25-Feb-18
GH, you really have to learn to post pics. You can't just tease us with a description of that beauty. Glad to hear you got it, and are shooting as good as ever.

26-Feb-18

PB in WI's Link
GH, is this the bow? It looks great.

26-Feb-18
Yes that is the bow,,,,,, I found it last fall, in a trad shop in the UP, among some very expensive bows,,,,, I shot it, and loved it right away, but only had 50.00 with me, so I put that down on it, for a hold. I paid 250.00 for it, since I bought it at a trad shop, which I like to support,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can tell you, it out shoots a expensive bow, I sold last year to the Footed Shaft

26-Feb-18
Sounds like a great set up!

You bringing it this Sunday?

26-Feb-18
Mike check your pm's.Thanks

26-Feb-18
GH - congrats on the new bow. With spring just around the corner it'll be a great time to take it out in the field and break it in,...that is, if you can wait that long! Enjoy. A guy and his toys, great fun!

26-Feb-18
Tweed I will have it Sunday, along with my new Texas recurve,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I hope the weather will be good, I plan on shooting a hundred arrows

26-Feb-18
Nice bow GH!! Sounds like it shoots well.

26-Feb-18
Enjoy!!!

• Sitka Gear