RC 11-Mar-18
Red Beastmaster 11-Mar-18
RC 12-Mar-18
HARRY CARRY 12-Mar-18
Red Beastmaster 12-Mar-18
Phil Magistro 12-Mar-18
Rut Nut 13-Mar-18
25-Feb-18
The tribe is preparing for our annual trad bow hog hunt at Wild Things in SC. For a few of us it will be the 12th trip. We really look forward to our Spring Break each year.

I got to thinking about our gang. We're not pretty, and really not that bright, but under the white whiskers and camo are some very good guys I'd do most anything for.

Here's the tribe: Woodland Gnome, Hikin' Mike, Chief, Gimpy, "Super Cool" Kenny, Tim Time Bomb, The New Guy, and myself. What a bunch of characters!

In two weeks we will be chasing pigs with pointy sticks, enjoying epic meals, then sit back at the campfire listening to the night swamp critters with a cold one and a cigar. Aaahh!

26-Feb-18
LOL! Sounds like a great time! You should do a semi-live hunt, Red. I'd love to do an early SPring hog hunt sometime. And would enjoy following along with you(online) when you do yours!

26-Feb-18
Well that's not going to happen. I'm about as tech savy as a rock. And I like it that way. ;)

I can report back in here after the hunt. Maybe.

26-Feb-18
Best of luck guys and say hi to Charles for me. Keep a eye on the gnome and gimpy around the swamps;)

26-Feb-18
LOL! I hear ya Red! I used to be that way........................... ;-)

Well, good luck, have fun and give us a report when you get back then.

26-Feb-18
Hmmmm...."The New Guy"??? Hmmmm. Wonder if he's/she's ever been to "Sticks"?? Hmmmm....and have you lent "The New Guy" the DVD of "Deliverance", just to prep him/her a bit??

Hmmmmm.....

Bacon.....

And not from Sheetz...

26-Feb-18
Harry...the newbie (Jake) made it to Sticks a couple of shoots ago. He got a ibit of an idea what he's in for:^)

Beastieboy...just put the new cap on the truck. The broadheads are all shot in and the license is in my pack. Heading out now to shoot those arrows out of my backup bow.

www.wildthiings.com

26-Feb-18
Only two "i" in www.wildthings.com

Bob, I shot my broadheads this morning. Then I shot my newly acquired hog target and the bag course. The Sage was slammin'!

New Guy better get a hair cut if he's going with us. He's Super Cool's responsibility so I hope he takes care of it before they roll in. Damn hippies. :)

27-Feb-18
Hope you all have a great time!

28-Feb-18
Go get them rooters. Have fun and be safe.

01-Mar-18
I told him to cut his hair, but he said he cant play his dobra guitar at night with short hair. Throws him off balance or something.

01-Mar-18
No playing instruments or singing in hog camp!

So let it be written, so let it be done!

PS. tell the kid there's no video games allowed either.

02-Mar-18
((Side note: if he's a Dobro player, there's some folks at Sticks who'd like to meet up with him at the 2-day shoot.))

And yes, heed RedBeastmaster's warning: he took a guitar off me, and threw it in the campfire. Was a'rantin and a'raving, yelling "No Guitars at Camp! NO GUITARS AT CAMP!!!"

Be aware of the Beastmaster guy. Be nice to him at Camp. He can be scary....

((I won't even bother telling you what he did to my flip-phone.))

02-Mar-18
HC, it was an Animal House Bluto guitar smashing moment wasn't it? LOL

Last years new guy had to learn our rule the hard way too when he tried playing his "Dorkimer" and singing folk songs. He ain't coming back.

02-Mar-18
Im taking up bongo's for the 2 day event

02-Mar-18
Red, yes it was!!!

A 1942 Martin D28. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, I guess.

Hey, when yinz all get your hoggies, I hope you bring home the bacon, pass it around the "campfire". It's the least you could do to appease your Gatherer Friend.(s).

02-Mar-18
Yea the only music aloud inside the cabin are snores and methane. And neither is in tune.

02-Mar-18
Threw a '42 Martin in the fire, and there were no toe tags. Yeah, right.

Harry, I never met ya, but you gotta be a wuss. I been face to face wit Red. He's a leprechaun. Take my guitar? lol, yeah, go for it. Bring a heep o' help. "They always be after me lucky charms."

The dorkimer playing songs about leprechaun rootershooters. I think I can work with that :^)

02-Mar-18
It was ok 4 Kenny to sing songs in Texas !There was to many guys down there for you to try and stop his singing! LOL

02-Mar-18
Ken only knows the first four words of most songs. So it was fairly short and sweet.

03-Mar-18
Jeff: I'm glad someone appreciates the guitar I mentioned. !!!

Red has always walked away from any campfire where I've had a guitar. Ain't really afraid of him, but the crowd he hangs with can be ...ah....hmmmmm.....welll....crowded.

As for being a wuss...oh well...think what you want. The Voices in My Head tell me all I need to believe.

Shoot well, hoggies....

03-Mar-18
Hajas is really a democrat hippy from the early 70s.

03-Mar-18
Art- Absolutely true.

While enjoying the campfire at strictly sticks last september, my hosts, while never missing a beat (lol) to attach my name to a hot dog, pulled out their dogs thinking it would surprise me. Then they warmed them over a fire and did a uh....ummm... Salute whilst in their buns. A kinda swordfight like thingy...... All weiners were eventually sacrificed with Mr Perfect and Red Footlongmaster fightin over a bun.

Id tell ya'll I didnt eat nary a hotdog..... Course nobody'd believe me.:)

Good luck down there fellers. I can already hear the "banjers"

09-Mar-18
Have the hoggers begun their pilgrimage yet?

11-Mar-18
We're home. Report later.

11-Mar-18
Well that's dumb. How long would it take to say who got what?

11-Mar-18
Long enough. It was a good hunt. :)

12-Mar-18
Awesome...

12-Mar-18
Better than Sheetz hoggie hunting?

12-Mar-18
We enjoyed a hunt like none other. Our friend , Charlie, finally got the freedom to deal with the feeders and stands without interference. He has turned the place into a Hogapalooza!

We saw a total of 353 hogs at the feeders and stalking in the swamp. Ken killed two. Greg and Jake each got one. Five other shots taken that were not on the mark. I had swirling winds prevent me from getting a shot.

Epic adventure! Eight stickbow hunters chasing pigs in the SC sunshine! We spent Saturday afternoon looking for arrow heads and shooting fire ant hills, temps in mid 70's!

The motley crew brought home the bacon!

12-Mar-18
That sounds like a great time for all!

Red, next year better take a shower before you go. :)

13-Mar-18
SOunds like a great hunt! Congrats crew!

• Sitka Gear