Joey Ward 26-Feb-18
Bp 26-Feb-18
Joey Ward 26-Feb-18
Bp 27-Feb-18
TGbow 17-Mar-18
Buckshot 22-Jun-18
Arrowhead 24-Jun-18
26-Feb-18
Well it's probably been 10 years are more that I last visited this site. Back in the day probably 2 or 3 times a day LOL. After my heart doctor pulled the plug on shooting bows I kinda drifted in a different direction. I do have some fond memories of spending time with some of you not only here but at the shoots @ Tannehill and a couple hunting trips. I do recognize a few names here from the past. Now that I'm retired I may just come by and visit ever so often. Richard Slaton "Bp"

26-Feb-18

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Good to see you back, Bp.

Our ol' buddy Allen Crockett has had some health issues too. Pretty much quit hunting with the bow. He still hunts some in Bullock county where you joined us one year. The owner's sons have grown up a enjoy hunting now, so they've pretty much taken over the property for themselves. They still let Allen hunt there from time to time.

Warren Womack is still hunting in his retirement over in LA. Hear from him occasionally. Al Snow still hangs out on the LW and I see him post occasionally.

Here's a picture from the past. Back when most of us were lean mean hunting machines. :-)

26-Feb-18
Joey I figured you would be the 1st to reply lol. That was a fun trip. That picture weighs a lot less then then it would now lol Glad everyone is still kicking. And most still shooting I miss shooting and having fun at the shoots. Bp

26-Feb-18

Yeah, me too. It's been a while since I've been able to make it up to B'ham for a round or three. We'll see how the Spring and Summer goes though. I'd like to try to make The Russ Dickson shoot in the Fall. I know you remember Russ and Johnny G. They've passed on, but here's another pic of when both of those guys hunted with us in Bullock county one year. Hard to believe that much water has passed under the bridge since then.

27-Feb-18
Yep been many a gallon of water passed I remember hearing about Russ best I remember his Wife shot also. I keep saying I going to go one the shoots and just walk and watch even thought about taking a couple bows to sale no need for them to just hang here when someone could be enjoying them

17-Mar-18
Russ Dickson was a true gentleman, great guy.

22-Jun-18
Times have changed and we've all gotten older. I just started back full time with a recurve and loving it. It's great therapy for my PTSD.

24-Jun-18
BP, It's been kinda dead on this site. I check it occasionally just to see if any are alive and posting. I'm sure I've shot with and met many of you in the past but I'm terrible with names. I believe we met at Mercedes or maybe one of the many shoots that Alabama Christian Bowhunters use to have. I still hunt with the bow but I don't go to any of the shoot's anymore. Other obligations and interest take up all my time now. Good to see some activity here.

• Sitka Gear