Sosso 27-Feb-18
Jebediah 27-Feb-18
bigwoodsbucks22 27-Feb-18
Belchertown Bowman 27-Feb-18
Murphy31 27-Feb-18
Will 27-Feb-18
Eastie778 27-Feb-18
27-Feb-18
I'm trying to figure out a solution to this problem. I use a carbiner for my harness , linemans belt , and saddle. If I'm careful, I can usually avoid it, but sometimes you just can't help it and as soon as I hook in...CLICK! Maybe that's just what it sounds like to me, but it drives me nuts! Anybody figured out a way to eliminate this, tape or something?

27-Feb-18
Pretty much do everything in slow motion when I setup. Rarely an issue if you take time. But at any rate its a slight click putting on and taking off if you arent careful. Minimal compared to other noise you made going in and getting up the tree.

27-Feb-18

huntskifishcook's Link
I use stealth strips on everything metal. Super helpful when hunting mobile and you are setting everything up and taking it down after the hunt. I cut the strips into little pieces that wrap nicely around the carabiner and cut one tiny little sliver that sticks into the receiving portion of the carabiner. Your best bet is still to purposefully close it slowly, but this helps deaden the sound if it slips from your fingers.

27-Feb-18
Get electrical shrink wrap tubing. Thread it over the carbiner and hit it with a hair dryer or a lighter. Let it shrink around it tight, and cut an area so the clip can seat properly.

27-Feb-18
Absolutely make sure it shuts properly. I read somewhere that improper closing reduces strength by something like 95%.

27-Feb-18
maybe plumbers tape would work too so you can still screw up the safety collar?

27-Feb-18
I used camo duct tape on the outside of the metal carbiner,.. very cheap,.. It had on occasion banged into something and that was all. Two layers worked best. Mine does not seem to click unless I let the spring thing fly,.. I let it down softly and then mine has a screw shut method of locking. Hunter Safety Systems,.. nice product! Helps with my fear of heights!

27-Feb-18
The over thinkers club lol.

27-Feb-18
I've not worried about that click now and then. Prolines reply is my approach. That said, I have some stuff with zippers that clinked which drove me nuts. I found some black tape at home depot, I think it's a rubber version of electrical tape - it's sort of spongie and maybe 2mm thick. I wrapped the zipper tabs with that stuff it they turned silent - maybe that would work. I think the best thing though, is just to be cautious and not stress about it.

27-Feb-18
Yeah, Murphy nailed it, more crap to think about unnecessarily... T minus 7 months and counting! Haha. I try to close them carefully, but I literally got thrown out of computer class in high school because I could not use the keyboard. I believe the teachers exact words were you have absolutely no dexterity in your fingers. Lol. I'll give the tape or the shrink a try, thanks guys.

• Sitka Gear