TT-Pi 01-Mar-18
Belchertown Bowman 01-Mar-18
Will 01-Mar-18
Ungie01201 01-Mar-18
TT-Pi 01-Mar-18
Will 01-Mar-18
28-Feb-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
I worried in an earlier post that if there is not reasonable gun law reform,.. we are headed for crazy gun laws,..

What he says in the video is absolutely scary.

I rest my case,..

28-Feb-18
BB - I just saw something about that on the Community Forum. Which I hadnt been on in years, but checked out the other day. Ill have to watch the video and do some research on it if I can this weekend or something. But yeah, I'm in agreement. It's Newtonian - equal and opposite reactions. Not good for those of us who like to use and own firearms.

28-Feb-18
Where is our constitutional lawyer Pi? He seems to have vanished when i need him. Isn’t that part of our rights,.. due process? Dunno,.. i just see knee jerk shit coming cause reasonable minor changes are fiercly resisted in gun laws.

I sum it as this ,.. ugh!

Ps i ended up giving my bump stock to my buddy Rich in NH. He told me,.. ya know they are moving a law to ban em here too. i had not heard that down here in mass

01-Mar-18
Someone call ? I watched the open session today and this one portion does not do the whole of that meeting any justice. Keep in mind that however you decide to interpret this one segment , our President does not make law . He is expressing his thoughts as others also have and it was a productive dialogue.

I believe that his statement was in context to this particular person who was clearly a very troubled person. (Red Flags all around.) I don't think he is advocating the taking away of guns without cause or withholding due process. He is saying there is/was Probable cause ( in this person ) which was not dealt with. And , justified cause is grounds for legal search and seizure . As is holding a person for evaluation who is a suspect or one considered to be a likely harm to self or others.

There was justified Probable cause to detain this person ( evaluate his mental capacity) and to secure his weapons ( which would be standard procedure) , long prior to the tragic event but the servants of the law did not do their jobs . To: Serve and protect.

Don't yell fire in a theater ... Don't threaten others ... etc.

We are entitled to due process and if in that process we are found competent and without cause for concern we are free to carry on. The system and individuals that failed to interject on several levels will be subject to due process.

01-Mar-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
I think you should go to Law School Pi,.. you really would make a great lawyer ya know!

Ya I hope he was just saying shit,.. it alarms me he thinks that, alarms me more he says it, and really alarms me he says it on TV.

Bummed Wallmart has joined Dicks too,..

Like I said crazy shit will happen, it will probably take another 10 years as I honestly doubt there will be any real changes in our immediate future,..

This article I read this morning reminded me pretty much of what someone on the forums said,.. I think it was BC ? He mentioned how we have always had guns but not mass murders like today,.. he pinned on breakdowns in family, faith, etc. I am not agreeing or disagreeing, just noting this article sums up his views pretty well

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/opinions/raising-boys-violence-opinion-drexler/index.html

01-Mar-18
That sounds better to me Pi...

01-Mar-18
Ban the video games and music that dilute the severity of moral values, consequences for actions, and diminished value for human life. Bring respect for authority back into homes and schools. Hold kids (and adults) accountable for their behavior and actions rather than rationalizing and finding excuses and laying the blame on unaccountable objects or ideals. This "everyone gets a trophy" and "I'm offended" mentality of parents and children is breaking down the moral values of the country..

01-Mar-18
Thanks BB .

The article that you posted above has some good points . I especially zero in on "the making of a Killer" theme.

It doesn't surprise me that most of the mass killings come from the younger masculine side of the white race. It calls for some speculation as to why that is but I have a suspicion that it is a number of social / spiritual and parenting factors . The president is not wrong in noting the movies and images that we are bombarded with. ( desensitized to) . And to be fair it is only one of several issues he has addressed.

The independence of our children from good parenting is yet another contribution. Expectations of profound success like the young pop stars Child protegees and Hollywood idles must play a part as well. Spiritual ignorance is rampant. The economics of our day is yet another.

We are the generation after the great economic boom of post war (WW2) Our parents had it good. New innovations , new and positive cultural developments , Expanding economy and prosperity , cost of living was great and the future was bright and happy.

Since then the other industrialized nations have recovered and we have been drifting along on easy street ... Unfortunately Easy St. is a dead end. In our Generation the cost of living ( primarily the ratio of paycheck to Home mortgage) has gotten so pronounced that our children are working two jobs and barely able to make ends meet. Few parents are home to do what needs doing. The older generations had a reasonable expectation of a good life from hard work but that same opportunity has shriveled and narrowed. Add a decline of Family support and direct involvement , a lack of spiritual understanding/guidance/expectations/education , to the mix and it is no wonder that the most vulnerable are freaking out.

The fix is multi- dimensional ,economic , spiritual , cultural , family , Law and a value placed on the common man, which must come from many sources , Media , Hollywood, internet access and Leadership with accountability in and out of the home.

Young people want to trust the Government ( and all who hold positions of Power from Parents to President ) But it has been rather dysfunctional and not worthy of trust . So much propaganda and special treatment for the chosen elite, absent parents, split families , negative cultural changes... and so on.

I think the people chose someone to help break down the illusions and special treatment / abuse of power and will be greatly served by our Presidents unorthodox measures. He is a step in the right direction . Like a political reset button. But it concerns me that half of our public was still willing to continue down that dead end road.

One more note : I think 21 is the new 18 . ( people are apparently maturing later if at all and it is probably a good idea to limit deadly weapons to the immature ) Exceptions of course for military, hunting and special conditions. I like the idea of pre- approval of Background checks for gun shows as well. Problem people should be required to prove that they are not a threat .

01-Mar-18
Ungie, funny you mention that. I ponder the video game thing. At least some of them. I know visualization/imagery can help improve future performance in similar tasks. I know Virtual Reality training can help improve future performance in similar tasks. It does make me wonder some times when I see games like "Call of Duty" or similar... In some ways, it does seem like "killing people desensitization" training. I feel like Al Gore saying that, and I didnt invent the internet or swim a Manatee to Memphis (he he he)... It's just one of those areas to me, where a game that involves hopping a frog across the road or a guy named mario or what not seem far from reality... But some of the combat games seem close enough, that in the wrong minds hands... It does sort of seem like a VR training session.

• Sitka Gear