Contributors to this thread:
buc i 313 01-Mar-18
MnM 01-Mar-18
jerry 03-Mar-18
jerry 03-Mar-18
jerry 03-Mar-18
BOX CALL 09-Mar-18
01-Mar-18
Can you recall your all time favorite stand ?

I can recall mine as clearly as I am looking at this key board..... I was hunting a specific deer at the time :^}

It was in the deep bottom of where 4 finger ridge's dropped down into it. It was an "L" shaped hollow about 50 yards across about a 120 yards long in the short part and about 500 yards long in the part, almost wall like in parts of it. A long walk to get to and a much longer and steeper walk to get out of.

I was using a home made climber at the time and I was placing it on an old knobby Maple tree on the inside corner where the two "L's" come together. I saw plenty of deer from this stand, some real nice shooter's and lots of does. There were many shot opportunities, but only one non-shot I still truly regret to this day.

I don't try to hunt this stand anymore, it's become to difficult these past years to get into and out of for these old legs and old heart.

This said, it is still my favorite stand.

Oh by the way, I never did take the "one" I was after.

:^}

01-Mar-18
Yes , I remember my favorite and sadly in the name of progress I guess the property was sold. First logging which isn't a bad thing , but houses are starting to sprout so it's just a memory now enjoyed it while had it though.

03-Mar-18
Im fortunate enough to still be hunting my favorite stand. I’ve been using in for the past dozen years or so. I periodically change the the stand, a ladder stand, itself as well but I’m still in the same tree. I also try to use it only during the first few weeks of November which has worked out just great. I’ll be out tomorrow moving some of my other stands around and changing straps and such. I think I enjoy this as much as actually hunting. It’s a good feeling when you get it right.

03-Mar-18
Im fortunate enough to still be hunting my favorite stand. I’ve been using in for the past dozen years or so. I periodically change the the stand, a ladder stand, itself as well but I’m still in the same tree. I also try to use it only during the first few weeks of November which has worked out just great. I’ll be out tomorrow moving some of my other stands around and changing straps and such. I think I enjoy this as much as actually hunting. It’s a good feeling when you get it right.

03-Mar-18

09-Mar-18
Had an old warren and sweat hang on stand on a farm overlooking a power line right of way.deer would come from the woods and feed in the power line .took several from there.made a mistake of leaving it up during gun season.came back,lock was shot off,stand gone.it was my favorite stand.

• Sitka Gear