Dthfrmabove 13-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 14-Mar-18
Will 14-Mar-18
BruceP 14-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 14-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 14-Mar-18
mrw 14-Mar-18
01-Mar-18
All you Easties please be safe during this storm that is coming in. Looks like you guys are going to get hit hard.

01-Mar-18
Thank's I'll keep my ears tucked in.

01-Mar-18
I'm heading to the grocery store right now to pick up bread and milk with everyone else all at the same time because we all know that the key to surviving any storm is to have plenty of bread and milk. Lol. Thanks buddy, stay safe out there guys!

02-Mar-18
Eggs too. To make French toast!!! Let's Go

02-Mar-18
Thanks Xi . I'll be going to the shore to get a better look ! Firewood is in the house and gas in the grill. Bring it on Mama .

02-Mar-18
Getting pretty darn windy for sure, but thankfully only rain thus far in Leominster. I'm hoping it stays all rain :). Getting "soft" in my old age.

You south coast guys buckle up :)

02-Mar-18
Went to TD Garden last night to watch the Bruins destroy Pittsburgh. Got home around Midnight as the rain was getting heavy. Only about 2" of heavy wet snow here in Pittsfield where I am, but coming down fast now. Hill towns getting hammered already out here in the Berkshires. Be safe everyone.

02-Mar-18
Ungie, A woman I work with... Just got off the phone with her and she's got about 12-15" and it's coming down hard. She's just south of Albany in Voorheesville NY... Warm up that snow blower!

02-Mar-18
Gonna be a lot of firewood on the ground here on Cape when this over. Glass 1/2 Full !!

02-Mar-18
Will, Windsor has 10" plus already. It's like slush snow... gonna be a b$$ch to snowblow! haha... but it's ready to go when I get home. I have to do mine and I do the eldery guy next door a now my neighbor across the street since he broke his ankle from a fall on the ice last month.

02-Mar-18
Phone rings at 0530, another snow day for kids, I look outside, holy snow !!! Ungie, 14" in Ancramdale as of 10am and easily an 1" an hr according to my buddy.

02-Mar-18
fence companys going to do well on cape!

02-Mar-18
Holy crap it's nasty out down here. Should be a lot of flooding tomorrow. Working on a job on the water in sippican harbor and I lost power there. So I went home and started to microwave the left over Chinese food for lunch and just lost power here now !!!!! Glad it's not snow. Feel bad for you guys west of 495

02-Mar-18
We still have power down the road here dfa but lost the internet. At least its not snow for our end. Sorry for the westies.

02-Mar-18

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Ungie, county rt. 22 just before Stewarts at 10am today. Everyone, this is the major truck route that runs parallel to the MA line about a half mile over the border, completely abandoned.

02-Mar-18
NY Xi? We are still rain here. When I got a cup of H20 a minute ago it was still 39 on the deck thermometer and to say it's been raining... I literally do not think it could rain harder longer :) Only thing that compares was that fall hurricane about 5 years ago. I forget the name, it was the one that destroyed a lot of the NJ seacoast...

I'm just crossing my fingers and doing a rain dance for the snow to not get here.

That said, working from a home office has perks. I'm plugging away, occasional brain breaks by hopping on here or getting water etc and smelling the venison stew, pumpkin pie and other goodies my wife and her mom (visiting from FL) have been cooking all day while the kids were at school. Now they are down there making bird houses and painting them at the kitchen island while that dang amazing stew and pie smell drift through the house... And I thought I got distracted by bowsite to easily... :)

Those of you in the snowmaggedon belt, be safe!

02-Mar-18
So I decided to take a nap after the power goes out. I wake up to find a dark and empty house. Guess the wife and the kids decided to go somewhere ther is power and leave me here in the dark and not tell me. Lol. Oh the love !!!!

02-Mar-18
Will, after the snow cancelled school, kids and I did the shopping preparing for the day in general. Well it's now 40 degrees and heavy rain. That pic is pretty close to Ungie, they are getting pounded by snow due to elevation. If anyone needs anything, just ask.

02-Mar-18
Plenty of power over the highway into town. We are one of only 300 without power. I will be investing in a generator this year. Sump pump is working overtime and now I am worried about the river in the backyard coming up to the house. Always on the wrong side of the tracks in life. Hahahhaah

02-Mar-18
No power in wareham..... dinner at Bailey's surf and turf, it's only them and Lindsey's open on cranberry highway

03-Mar-18
2 feet of water in the basement sump pump couldn't keep up. 100% of Marion and 95% of wareham out and I would imagine mattapoisett too. Trees down everywhere and the river in the back over flowed onto the road. At least a 4 ft rise and the backyard is flooded. Got the generator running and getting the basement pumped out still. Waiting on the plumber to come take a look at the damage done

03-Mar-18
DFM, you need a generator. Check your PM

03-Mar-18
Got the PM xi. Thanks for the offer it means a lot, it really does. Good people doing good things. This world needs more of that. I have the situation somewhat under control now. Water is still coming in, but the generator is handling the pump and the TV. Thank god for TV as much as I bitch about direct tv. Their sattelite service makes it possible to watch. Lol. Just got back from lunch at Freestones in NB. Nothing a few blackberry long islands can't cure. Will keep everyone updated as we go. Gonna be a fun ride. Hahahhaah

03-Mar-18
DFA - hope you are gaining on it and that things are ok!

04-Mar-18
Well actually slept pretty well last night. Amazing what a few cocktails will do. Woke up at 3:30 this morning and the lights were on!!! Downstairs still somewhat warm at 62 degrees. Now all I have to do is pump out the basement again. Shut the generator off last night at 10:30 before I went to bed. So all is well. Now to figure out the damage to the furnace and water heater

04-Mar-18
Lost power friday at 1:30pm. Tree fell on powerline down the street. Had to buy a generator for $1000 at Home Depot so I could power the sump pump and 2 refrigerators, plus my potbelly stove for heat. It uses propane but need electricity for the blower. Had to setup my mother-in-law new generator too. This involved me picting each generator up and out of a vehicle onto the floor and getting it going. They need assembly, oil, and gas. They at huge and very heavy. North of 200lbs. 7pm, a tree fell down across my driveway blocking me in the house with pregnant wife and 2 little kids. It ripped off the wires from the house and broke the vertical pipe about my electric meter. Had to get out the chainsaw and cut the tree up into pieces in the rain to move it off the driveway in case we had an emergency. Paid a premium for an electrician on saturday to fix the pipe and wires on my house. Then I couldn't get a hold of the electrical inspector. Electric company needs the inspector to sign off before they hook up your power. 2 calls from my electrician, 3 calls from me, and a text later, he calls me back. He came over and signed off. I told him I've never been so happy to see another man. He laughed. I drove down the street to where the electric company was working and talked to the foreman. They hooked me up to power. In now with power and I have the electrician setting up a connecting to my circuit panel this week for my new generator to power my entire house. This very pensive generator is a Dewalt 7000 watt electric start beauty that will power my entire house, except the clothes washer and dryer, and my electric stove. So I'll have all the electricity and heat I need should there be a next time. I have alot of trees around me and don't know when another might fall. It was a huge pine that fell. I still have more of the tree to cut up and remove.

If anyone wants firewood, let me know. You can come down, pic any tree, we can cut it, and you can take it.

Best of luck to everyone. My back is toast. Can't even walk right now.

04-Mar-18
Wow FK - that's a rough one. Glad you were able to make things work, and have the skills to do things as you did.

Glad you are back in the juice DFA.

04-Mar-18
Hey Survivors , Reporting from Mattapoisett ( south side of south coast ). We just got our power back . The reports were that we had a few more days to wait but work went quickly. Every river and wetlands are maxed out and there seems to be generators at most houses here. I guess they wern't kidding ... When the reality set in, I set out for a generator. Ha ha ha ... Every store was sold out .

We got lucky and were able to borrow a generator from relatives an hours drive away, who had their power back on . I had myself a Crash course in this electrical survival technique . Minor water issues but still everything in the cellar has to be moved and dried out ... Hang in there folks .

Drain the swamp indeed !

05-Mar-18
We lost power on Friday, and our entire neighborhood is still without electricity. That said, even when power is restored here, we will need Eversource (our utility company) to remove a tree in my driveway that fell on Friday, but is hung up (leaning) on the power line that leads to the house. Thankfully, we have a standby generator that powers the house. It runs on propane, and we were able to get the propane tanks topped off Saturday. Hopefully, the leaning tree will be taken care of today and the power will be restored.

05-Mar-18
Yikes. Leaners are nasty, leaners on power line even worse. Good luck. We have new neighbors down the road moved into house with dedicated propane generator. Unknown to them evidently the propane was low, and next day they said it frittered out after about ten minutes. Felt bad for them. But power was out no more than about 6 hours.

05-Mar-18
I went to the woods yesterday to check some stands and once again alot of trees down. Had to cut them up in several areas to allow the deer to continue on their normal travel routes and past my stands. Kinda getting sick of these storms with wild wind. Makes for a lot of treestand work.

05-Mar-18
Getting ready for another one on Thursday! I was supposed to head to Gloucester Wed for a meeting, but I postponed... looks like it could be another good one!

06-Mar-18
Eversource showed up yesterday afternoon and took down the tree that was leaning on the wires. About two hours later the power came back on. The two guys at my place looked exhausted. I thanked them and told them I hope they finish up soon so they can get home to be with their families. One of them said by the time they finish with this storm damage, they'll have to go back out to deal with the aftermath of Wednesday's storm.

06-Mar-18
Looks like 10-18" in the forecast for here... ugh... Jimbo, those guys are working their tails off... the guys I spoke to out here are tired... but said they certainly love the $$ when on storm duty.

06-Mar-18
Argh. I'm with you ungie. 8-12 or 10-15 is what I keep seeing for my area. I'm focused on this being March and the sun being strong and this melting fast... The early thaw has me to ready for spring...

06-Mar-18
I'll just get another weekend or 2 of skiing in... i'm ok with it.. I was afraid the warm weather was gonna turn on the gobblers too quickly anyway.. ;)

06-Mar-18
Ill take any winter weather we can get since we really didn't have one this year.............much rather put a jacket on than to be stuck in 90 degree humid weather!

06-Mar-18
Ungie, love that positive attitude. I'm going to take a cue from that. It will help slowly charge the ground water as it melts and will keep my trusty wild brookie streams trickling all summer :).

You to Proline, good point. I'm a lover of April and November. Nothing like a damp 40-55 degree day to make me happy. I'm weird that way. Just another 3 weeks and I'm there, heck, maybe next week...

Will

07-Mar-18
Sorry, but I disagree. I only hunt deer. Since it isn't October, I want warm weather so I can ride my harley.

07-Mar-18
Fatkid I'm with you on the Harley thing I can't wait.

07-Mar-18
If you guys don't want your snow feel free to bring it up to Cannon Mountain;)

07-Mar-18

xi's embedded Photo
Front yard in 1 hour
xi's embedded Photo
Front yard in 1 hour
You shovel it, I 'll truck it !

07-Mar-18
Been coming down heavy here in Leominster. the ground is warm so you can see the roads or grass trying to melt it... but it's covering the trees and ground and building up FAST. The world has the funny "muffled" feeling going on, where snow stuck to stuff is catching sound and making things quieter.

Sorta wish it was a little breezier to push it off the trees and power lines a little more ;)

I was hoping they were wrong, but if this continues, we will likely get that 12+ they are threatening us with.

07-Mar-18
Xi, that idea sounded alot better in my head until you put it that way, haha.

07-Mar-18
Will, just got done plowing the driveway for the first time tonight. Ah yea, nothing coming off anything. Very heavy, wet snow. Think this one is going to be a lights out storm. Stay safe everyone, just ask if you need help anyone , please.

08-Mar-18
Snow blowed last night and this am. We had about 18" total in Pittsfield, Give or take... My mom got 22" in Adams and my buddy had over 30" in Windsor.

08-Mar-18
Wow - Ungie's buddy for the win!

09-Mar-18
So much snow that the snowmobiles are just getting stuck in the powder on the lakes, etc.. If not groomed they are done. On a better note, the skiing was incredible last night!

13-Mar-18
Here we go again!!! This time with projected heavy wet snow up to 2 feet and 60 mph gusts. Already lost power and its only 8 hrs into the storm!!!! Heard 2 trees come down in the backyard and I hope that one comes down in the driveway. Have an old work van and my wife's summer car a Volvo convertible that I want to get totaled so I can upgrade. Lol

13-Mar-18
Our power just began flickering here in Beverly. I've got a feeling we'll lose it soon. Good day to organize some fishing gear I guess!

13-Mar-18
You guys are getting it much worse than we are here... only an inch or so here so far... school cancelled all over Berkshire County, except Pittsfield. My girls weren't happy.. haha... at the office now... supposed to get worse here later... but I think we are only in the 6-8" range Stay safe guys!

13-Mar-18
It's solid here in Leominster. Maybe 6" so far, blowing well, but thus far not "Wholly Crap We are In Trouble" sort of blowing. Seemed to be real wet last night when it started, waking up all the trees were caked with a couple inches, it's not been added to due to the breeze though. Fingers crossed it doesnt get much worse than it is.

Funny listening to the kids and misses doing "blizzard bags" down stairs from school - so the school day wont "count" against em and they get out before July :).

DFA - you have all the luck. Live in Princeton for the ice storm in 08 (Epic!), now you get 3 in a row down there. ooph. On a positive, any tree still standing should be safe for a stand next fall :)

13-Mar-18
Be safe everyone, yea not to bad here in 4S.

13-Mar-18
It looks like a war zone here sideways wind and whiteout conditions with heavy snow. Have counted 12 plus trees that have fallen in the last 4 hrs. The unmistakable crack is something you never forget!!! Think ice storm in Princeton back a few years ago. Will knows !!!!!

Will not much left standing down here. 3 kids home. The boy wanted to go over to a friends house 5 miles away. No problem I said. 1 mile down the street a white pine over the lines with live power to the ground. Turn around and go the second way. 3 miles in we hit another white line over the road. Turn around and go the third and last way. Finally made it there. Took 45 min to get there!!! We leave the house and off we go and low and behold right down the street we came on another white pine down over the road. Came down since we drove by. Last way to get home is blocked!!! Still have 2 kids at home now we are in a panick!!! I needed driving under the tree to get home

Whole ordeal took 1 hr 20 min to get 5 miles down the street!!!! Looking at property in key west as soon as the last kid gets out of high school and into college!!

13-Mar-18
So much for the light fluffy snow they were predicting! Heavy wet snow here in Peabody. Dog loves it, me Not so much. Only thing getting me through this crap is the fact I'll be in Texas on Friday chasing turkeys. Had to drive the wife to work (she works at a hospital and I work mainly outside so day off for me!) and roads were iffy. If you have to drive stay safe! I

13-Mar-18
Storm has layed down a lot in the last hour. Still snowing but less wind. Won't get near the prediction they thought. Power will be a while though there were a lot of trees down over wires

14-Mar-18
Still no power it has been 30 hrs since we lost it. The eversource power outage map lists Marion at 75% down. It has changed though since this morning when we were at 74% down.......Plenty of eversource trucks in Marion. I have seen 2 at the beach, 4 parked at the brewfish pub, and 4 parked in front of the town hall!!! Although I did see 3 parked on the side of the road and at least they were all outside chatting together. Lol. Actually only saw 2 trucks actually working and they were clearing a downed tree off the wires on rt6. Good job guys keep it up hopefully they get power restored before all the snow melts and floods my damn basement again!!!!!!

14-Mar-18
Ooph, DFA, with your storm luck, remind me never to live within 50 miles of you :) ha ha ha!

Ended up with 20-24" here, mostly fluff...

14-Mar-18
Sounds like you should be living at the Brewfish Pub...

14-Mar-18
Wil. Hahaha. My last year in Princeton was the great ice storm !!!!! I have brought the bad luck down here with me

14-Mar-18
Can you believe it. The power just went back on!!! That's a good thing I am down to my last couple pieces of wood. Now to check out the damage to the hunting grounds.

14-Mar-18

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
DFA, funny chit there. I'll meet you half way, I'm thinking Marathon or one of the keys with your boat behind the house and the Gulf and Atlantic minutes away.

We got a little over 20", maybe 24", hard to tell it was so heavy it compacted. Bunch of trees bent over, pulled the wires almost o the ground, but we kept power on - mostly. The deer are still digging up the beets in the food plot!

• Sitka Gear