Belchertown Bowman 11-Mar-18
SloMo 14-Mar-18
SloMo 14-Mar-18
Belchertown Bowman 14-Mar-18
hickstick 14-Mar-18
Belchertown Bowman 14-Mar-18
huntskifishcook 15-Mar-18
01-Mar-18
Anyone know what the deal is with these? They look great and I'd really like to buy some, but can't find them anywhere. The company doesn't sell them on their website, neither do any of the big box stores. Guy at BPS told me they used to carry them, but he hasn't seen them for a while and doesn't know what happened. I can't find them on amazon or ebay either. Reached out to the company and they haven't responded either. Strange.

02-Mar-18
I bought em last year and love em,.. mostly cause of the matching foot rests on each side,.. makes mounting a stand or the next stick much easier (at my age that is important! LOL). Well built. Hope they did not go outta business. Mine were on back order for several weeks.

If you do get to order them, get four, not the base package of 3

Also did you see my post/photos last year on how to make a foot step sling outta the spare crappy climbing harnesses we all have? That allowed me to raise my first stick up to around 8 feet at top of it. With that step boost and the fourth stick I can be up high and have a nice solid transition from sticks to stand.

After reviewing a bunch of companies, I really have enjoyed Hawk products, several of which I own. Never been let down by a purchase from them.

02-Mar-18
I was also looking at the hawks when I was in the market a few weeks ago, but had the same problem HSFC. The lone wolf sticks were also in the running, I like those alot, but prefer a stick with dual steps on each side like the hawks. I went with the muddy aerolite sticks, dual steps, 3lbs per stick, was exactly what I was looking for. They also lock together nicely, and come with a strap that's attached to one of the sticks and makes packing a breeze. I threw an old bow sling on them and they transport great, zero noise. Also the tree bitters shift to allow it to adjust to those weird shaped trunks. I've taken them for a few test runs, and so far can't say a bad thing about them. I also went with the BB rig, but used tubular webbing with a 10 inch piece of 11 mm rope inserted to hold the foot loop open, really adds some extra height without adding weight. They run 130 on Amazon, which is pretty reasonable for a quality stick. Good luck with the search, the prep is pretty fun to.

02-Mar-18

Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
So by cutting up one of my spare harnesses I was able to fashion a foot step that just wraps around the bottom part of my sticks tree anchor point.. I added pipe insulation to keep the shape open so I can slip my foot into it. First stick get way up high now. Sometimes on the way down I have trouble finding that moving target step, but at that height I can still just jump the few feet down and skip the step on the way down.

Cheap,.. easy,.. helps! gets you up a few extra feet with no weight or hassle

02-Mar-18
I know lone wolf typically does a seasonal production run, could be the same w hawk... basically they produce a quantity once a year in like july, then once those run out you're searching for buried treasure until the next summer

02-Mar-18
I thought we had a thread about these sticks last year, but couldn't quite remember. I had narrowed my stick options down to the muddy's and the hawk's, because I want the double steps as part of my saddle platform. But was leaning toward hawk because they are slightly lighter and I read they stacked together more nicely. I checked out the muddy's at BPS the other day and they seemed great. I'll probably end up buying them so I can start practicing with my saddle. Glad to hear they stack well, Eastie, that was my biggest concern with them. And BB I'll also be making one of those rope step thingamabobs. Thanks for the tip.

Considering they are the only two producers of mobile style sticks with double steps, I'm betting Hawk is giving away a lot of potential customers to Muddy.

02-Mar-18
Dan infalt is coming out with some soon, check out the hunting beast for info

02-Mar-18
Thanks for the tip, Cougar. I've been keeping a close eye on those. Looks like they are still trying to figure out large scale manufacturing logistics, but I'm sure they'll be great when they get that stuff squared away.

02-Mar-18
Do you use a lineman’s belt when putting up these sticks? I’m not clear on how you install stick number 2 when you’re up on stick number 1. You need to be hands-free, right?

02-Mar-18
Yes unless maybe you are 21 years old,.. no seriously,.. yes on the linesman

You need to be able to throw the line around the tree and catch it with the other hand,.. so two handed operation,..

02-Mar-18
Definitely lineman's belt, like BB mentioned. I've forgotten it a couple times when hanging my other sticks and I got them hung, but it certainly wasn't safe.

06-Mar-18
Finally heard back from Hawk. Cougar, you were right. They are in production now and should be shipped out to retailers in May or June.

09-Mar-18

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo
there are also Leverage sticks too...thats what I use....with some mods. and yes, you MUST wear a linemans belt....but most harnesses come with them, don't they?

10-Mar-18
Hickstick, I have the Leverage sticks also with the same mods, but added apiece of foam pipe insulation on the added strap step. It makes it easier to find the bottom step in the dark. These sticks work great and are light weight. ALWAYS use your linemans belt when setting sticks and stand, also a lifeline to the tree before getting onto stand. Getting too old and don't bounce like I used to.

10-Mar-18
Thanks hickstick. Those sticks look great. Does it come with that versa style button for the rope mod or did you order from lone wolf and adapt to the leverage stick? I'm going to look them up soon.

10-Mar-18

SloMo's embedded Photo
SloMo's embedded Photo
These are my Muddy pros . One step less that the aerolite set. They come nestled nicely in a four pack . I use a enabler on the bottom step and use a linemans belt to set up. I think I paid around 130 for 4 and I have 3 sets .

11-Mar-18
Slo,.... Nice stand site with the other trees there next to ya,.. looks good.

14-Mar-18
Thanks . I feel very comfortable using Muddy products. Pricey but they can be had for less on flea bay.

14-Mar-18
Thanks . I feel very comfortable using Muddy products. Pricey but they can be had for less on flea bay. I was hoping to hunt this stand again this year. Nice spot I`m told .

14-Mar-18
I notice my Hawks do not nestle particularly well,.. I mean they do,.. but they just seem like they could do a better job of getting them to all pack together nicely. I saw a video where a guy drills em out in particular spots to create a really nice nesting. I am too lazy for that.

14-Mar-18
Joe...I bought the versa buttons from lonewolf and literally just unbolted the metal bracket and bolted on the versa. the bolt is longer so I just trimmed the excess off with an angle grinder, but a hack saw would work too. I got the amsteel from West Marine in Woburn. the rope mod is so much easier and quieter than the strap and clip.

14-Mar-18
The metal sinch strap is can be mistakingly very loud. I never thought of a rope mod. Nice tip thanks!

15-Mar-18
Thanks hickstick. Definitely doing the rope mod on whichever sticks I end up buying.

• Sitka Gear