jax2009r 02-Mar-18
SILVERADO 02-Mar-18
jax2009r 03-Mar-18
Brian M. 04-Mar-18
nehunter 04-Mar-18
Wild Bill 05-Mar-18
Will 05-Mar-18
02-Mar-18
who leaves there ladder stands and loc on stands up all year ? if you take them down when do you put them back up.....

I have always hunted out of a climber however I have a few spots I wanna slip and slip out quietly so I am going with a ladder / loc on stand to achieve this

02-Mar-18
Mine stay up year round. I change straps every other year and thoroughly check them every year. I replaced all cables on hang ons with galvanized steel chain as well as replace all bolts, nuts and washers with galvanized.

02-Mar-18
I have 1 left out of 3 i put up/take down for the season..usualy in feb, march ill have them down then back up in july august..also have another 3 that have been up for 5 yrs but wont go in them..i just keep forgetting about them

02-Mar-18
Usually down shortly after the season, weather dependent. Back up in Aug. Although for some reason they are still up.

02-Mar-18
I take them down, sun dries the straps right out and some fill with water freeze and crack.

02-Mar-18
were do you store over 50 stands ?? we leave them up .

02-Mar-18
I have one climber I carry in and carry out. I can only be up one tree at a time:)

02-Mar-18
I like stealthiness bbb. I have a lone wolf and a summit climber. Im honestly not a fan of either, although i will use them if i see consistent movement out of range of my spot or in hunting a new area. I make a ton of noise with a climber and I’m sweated up by the time I get set. There goes my scent control. To each their own. If you still have success your the man.

02-Mar-18
I leave some up. I used to have 30+ up basically year round. I always made sure to check chains/ belts/hardware every year. I still have a few stands out but usually I use a climber. I feel it I increases my odds because I'm not tempted to hunt the same tree often in a season. I often have deer come in before I've even raised my bow and have on numerous occasions watched deer bedded within 100 yards of me as I climb. Man waking in without a stand on your back is sweet though

02-Mar-18
Silverado, I dress light going in, walk slow and clear a path to my usual stand locations on state land. Same thing going up the tree. Leave early and go slow.

02-Mar-18
I do the same. I just don’t enjoy it, and I don’t feel comfortable climbing in the dark. I commend you it’s a lot of work.

02-Mar-18
I hate climbers I never get them right on the first shot haven't used one in 15 or 20 years

02-Mar-18
Dave that is what I am going for....a few stands so I can get up quick and quiet but in will still hunt with .y climber too

02-Mar-18
Good Luck! Btw did you ever get another pic of that buck? The one that u thought I got this year?

03-Mar-18
Dave. I think so ....unless his brother...never got another pic of the 10 pointer though

04-Mar-18
Stay up all year unless I switch trees. Every two years, I'll pull screw in steps so they don't grow into the tree. Cables changed to chains. Straps checked every time in tree.

04-Mar-18
I hated climbers. Got a lot of lock on ladders/ lock on's stands. And only change the straps and cables every couple of years. I swap the cables out for chains.

05-Mar-18
A friend of mine fell from a stand that had been left by someone else. He climbed up to it, determined in his mind it wasn't safe enough and before he could get away, it pitched him down. He survived, but will never be the same.

I love the hang on style without rails or seat arm rests, and if I install one, it comes down at the end of the season.

05-Mar-18
If I use one, I put it up as close to the season as possible and take it down prior to gun season starting if at all possible. Mostly use climbers.

• Sitka Gear