mikea20 02-Mar-18
cnelk 02-Mar-18
Jaquomo 04-Mar-18
BigBuckChaser 27-Mar-18
Treeline 27-Mar-18
JBarch 02-Apr-18
ZachinCO 03-Apr-18
02-Mar-18
Does anyone have experience bow hunting the Eastern plains for Muleys? I've been hunting unit 20 between Loveland and Estes for the past several years but am going to try coming down from the mountains for a change. I have extensive private land access in GMUs 97/98. There are a few exposed treelines bordering mostly (non-irrigated) winter wheat or dryland corn fields depending on the year. I'm planning to do some scouting and will likely set up a few trail cams. Is my best bet to spot and stalk after driving the country roads or tree-stands/ground blinds, and letting the deer come to me?

02-Mar-18
Mikea20

Im sure Jaquomo will chime in, but you really should do a search for his Plains Mule Deer hunts here on Bowsite

Classic. You wont be disappointed

04-Mar-18
Call, rattle, and decoy them. If you come to the CBA convention on March 17th I'm giving a free seminar on hunting plains muleys during the different stages of the rut. If you have access, you're 95% successful already.

27-Mar-18
Hi Jaquomo I would love to Mule deer hunt in Colorado and OTC Elk hunt any info would be great . Do they have OTC tags for Mule Deer in Colorado or just for Elk

27-Mar-18
All deer tags are draw in Colorado. There are quite a few that can be drawn with 0 points for archery though.

02-Apr-18
If you've got access covered on the plains ("extensively") than you'll have a great hunt. Only problem is the long seasons tend to take up a lot of your time and you'll want to do more bird hunting. Have fun and glass more than what you think.

03-Apr-18
Pivots in corn fields....

• Sitka Gear