skipmaster1 07-Mar-18
Jdawg 07-Mar-18
jman22 08-Mar-18
skipmaster1 09-Mar-18
skipmaster1 09-Mar-18
05-Mar-18

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
The buck I called Count Chocula, the one I finally caught up with this November... the state aged 6.5-7.5 based on tooth wear... his true age came back from the lab. He was 10.5 years old!

05-Mar-18

Here is a copy of the report.

05-Mar-18
Wow remarkable feat! Congratulations to you. That is a deer of a lifetime, and with a bow too! did you enter it in Pope & Young?

05-Mar-18
It won't Net P&Y, it's a 7 pointer right around 130" gross. I might have entered him if he made it. Either way it doesn't take away from this buck or such an awesome 3 year journey with him.

06-Mar-18
Skipmaster congratulations on that deer. Considering how rare even 4 or 5 year old bucks are in the overall population and even more so in the harvest statistics, a 10.5 year old buck is a unique and special trophy. That one will be with you a long time.

07-Mar-18
Jdawg- it just amazes me to think of what this deer saw and experienced in his life. I have killed mature bucks I've targeted before but it's usually over the course of a week.... not 3 years. Especially because I don't use trail cameras. I was able to kill this buck on a sit I was after him... but hadn't seen any evidence of him in a year. The whole experience has all the elements of a perfect story and hunt. I still can't believe it's real

07-Mar-18
Might be interesting to see a close up of his bottom jaw/ molars to see what’s left. A “gummer”for sure.

08-Mar-18
Congrats again! A true trophy anywhere in the country with that age! When you think about hunting pressure, mother nature, predators, cars etc.. it really is impressive for a buck to make it that long.

09-Mar-18

The teeth match the charts for a 6.5 year old deer... maybe slightly leaning towards 7.5. It really makes me wish I had sent out all the other bucks that aged out at 5.5-6.5. Not counting the pile of does that aged out 7.5 and over. I had one old smart nanny I hunted for 2 years and she ALWAYS busted me. I finally got her and the state aged as "well over 10 years old" ! Anyway, here was this bucks jaw

09-Mar-18

Another view

• Sitka Gear